Series Metadata

buddyweiser

buddyweiser

Ok, I'm not sure how to go about this, but...I have Batman: The Animated Series on DVD and getting ready to add it to my MB Server, and here is my dilemma...The aired order(order listed on thetvdb.com) is hugely out of order, as opposed to the dvd order(actual order show is meant to be viewed in). So, how do I add this series exactly? My normal naming convention/file structure would be

Batman The Animated Series\Season 1\s01e01 - The Cat & The Claw (Part 1).mp4

but that episode(according to the dvd order) is actually s01e15. I want the episodes to order according to the dvd listing, NOT the air listing. Also, I don't want to just rename it s01e15 - The Cat & The Claw (Part 1).mp4, because then I'm pretty sure it will fetch the metadata for the 15th ep to air (s01e15 - The Last Laugh). Has anyone come across this particular problem? And is there an easy fix in MB?

WarrenH

Try Batman: The Animated Series. The rest of your naming conventions OK. If you're ever having probelms with metadata, always check the exact series name on www.thetvdb.com.

buddyweiser

I guess I wasn't very clear. Let me clarify. If you go to the thetvdb.com and view the show Batman: The animated series, the air order hugely differs from the dvd order(if you view a season, there is a link near the bottom of the page to view the dvd order). However, the dvd order is the order the show should be viewed in.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Deathsquirrel

Name the episodes according to the aired order.  After all the metadata is in place just go into the editor and set your desired sorting order by putting something like S01E15 into the sort field and save it.  That way you get the right metadata for the episode and still get the episode sort order you like.

What Wayne Luke said.  I was just getting ready to correct this :)

Edited by Deathsquirrel

Koleckai Silvestri

You can specify both aired and DVD orders in the metadata and can order them by "Absolute" order should you wish. All three fields are available when you edit episodes in the Metadata Editor.

You don't even need to use the sort field. Though that would work as well. Just might make a mess in other episode views.

Edited by Wayne Luke

buddyweiser

You can specify both aired and DVD orders in the metadata and can order them by "Absolute" order should you wish. All three fields are available when you edit episodes in the Metadata Editor.

You don't even need to use the sort field. Though that would work as well. Just might make a mess in other episode views.

I think I'm missing something obvious. I see the "Alternate Episode Numbers", and that the "DVD Episode Number" is the same as the "Absolute Episode Number", however I am missing how to order them by absolute order. Do I need to manually go to each episode metadata and change the episode number to the absolute number that I want them to air in?

Question all, I am using media browser server, and classic.  I used to use the metadata editor to modify structure and fanart.  I can no longer find it.  In one of the posts, I searched,  it says to select the pencil in in the web browser.  ( It used to show all metadata). I cant find it.  I rebuilt a new server, and now cant find out how to get there again.

Thanks

It's now the 3 horizontal lines to the left of the Mediabrowser logo if starting from the console's admin dashboard. Clicking that will bring up a slide-out-from-the-left context menu. Inside that is metadata manager. Conversely you can also navigate to the problem item in the web browser view of your library and the familiar pencil icon graces the screen again.