Refresh Item Metadata

fizzyade
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

fizzyade

Any chance of having an option in the android tv client when looking at an item? sometimes i have items where the poster didn’t download and it would be nice to be able to refresh the meta data for an item from the tv rather than having to go to the web app.  

• Solution

Hi.  This already exists but you must be an admin user for it to be available.

fizzyade

Hi.  This already exists but you must be an admin user for it to be available.

humn,this would be nice if you could tick a box “User can refresh metadata”.  my admin user is hidden and i only ever access it by manually logging in on a the computer, my normal user is just a standard user which is the user i’d like to have the ability to do it.

This probably is something that others might find useful for the same reasons,

Refreshing metadata is a potentially very destructive operation (depending on your setup and from where it is done) so I think it is properly restricted to admins right now but more granular control may be possible in the future.

fizzyade

Refreshing metadata is a potentially very destructive operation (depending on your setup and from where it is done) so I think it is properly restricted to admins right now but more granular control may be possible in the future.

I agree.  But if you know what you’re doing, would just be handy to enable for specific users.  (in my case just me), the wife and children have their own accounts in the house, family outside the house have to login with the account i’ve given them.

I guess for now i’ll just have to do it the old fashioned way!