Apple TV 4k and EMBYApp - Match Frame Rate doesnt work!!

dan0ne

Hi 

i cannot use Apples "Match Frame Rate"! (Yes its activated in the Audio and Video Settings)

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208288

When i play a movie with 24fps the Display keeps in 50fps (native GUI setting), that let the Movie runs jerky :(

When i change the frame rate manually in the settings to the video rate, the movie plays smooth ... 

Ist there a solution for my problem?

Any other APP like (Amazon Prime, Netflix and so on) works with apples match frame rate!

vdatanet

Match frame rate and dynamic range only works when native player is enabled.

sfatula

Match frame rate and dynamic range only works when native player is enabled.

Which means the Beta version I think, haven't been home in a while.

vdatanet

Which means the Beta version I think, haven't been home in a while.

Yes, I forgot to mention that native player is only available on beta channel.

• 2 weeks later...
echoxxzz

I tried using native player and my videos and shows always play back at 60p instead of matching the frame rate of the content.

sfatula

I tried using native player and my videos and shows always play back at 60p instead of matching the frame rate of the content.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208288  "25fps and 30fps content uses frame rate doubling"

What was the original frame rate? To use the native player, you must have the Beta version installed, you do? This is the non Beta forum section.

Edited by sfatula

echoxxzz

Yea I have the beta. Original frame rate is 25p and TV supports it.

To be honest the only player I've ever found that works on all devices with zero problems is KODI and the Emby addons. It may have few cosmetic glitches from the real Emby Theatre but playback always seems to work.

The native apple doesn't support mkv containers, AC3 audio and certain types of subtitles. It's definitely not better than MPV

Edited by echoxxzz

vdatanet

What kind of media are you playing? (Video Codec) Maybe video codec is not supported and it's transcoding.

sfatula

What kind of media are you playing? (Video Codec) Maybe video codec is not supported and it's transcoding.

It will not play back at 25fps, it would play at 50fps. He has to look at what Apple TV shows as potential rates in the settings as well.

sfatula

To be honest the only player I've ever found that works on all devices with zero problems is KODI and the Emby addons. It may have few cosmetic glitches from the real Emby Theatre but playback always seems to work.

The native apple doesn't support mkv containers, AC3 audio and certain types of subtitles. It's definitely not better than MPV

It depends what you use it for. Live TV and DVR is much worse with mpv as it doesn't (currently) deinterlace, though it does tune faster. All of my content plays in the native player (except 3D TAB), little of it plays in MPV. So, it all depends what you are using it for.