Synology hibernation

MartiX
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Hi,

I have problem wiht hibernation, the Emby server is waking up the nas from the hibernation.

I have Synology NAS DS218j with installed Emby server.

DLNA is off for both NAS and Emby.

Here is the Emby log

post-563343-0-97590100-1578084006_thumb.png

And NAS log

post-563343-0-37149600-1578084014_thumb.png

Hi there, are you sure this is the right log? It's pretty empty,not much activity here.

The second one is showing you the time of "internal trigger" this is the time when the NAS was woke up from hibernation. (compare with he NAS log)

During the day there was not much activity at home lan, but the Emby was running something.

11:42:32.203 Info TaskManager: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Send Download Notifications
2020-01-03 14:42:32.203 Info TaskManager: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Refresh Emby Connect Data
2020-01-03 14:42:32.203 Info TaskManager: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Send Download Notifications
2020-01-03 14:42:32.203 Info TaskManager: Executing Refresh Emby Connect Data
2020-01-03 14:42:32.203 Info TaskManager: Refresh Emby Connect Data Completed after 0 minute(s) and 0 seconds
2020-01-03 17:42:32.203 Info TaskManager: IntervalTrigger fired for task: Send Download Notifications 

Luke, will you know what is "IntervalTrigger fired for task: Send Download Notifications" and what for is used? Is it used by some plugin or system itself?

Why do you feel that's responsible?

Because when you compare the log of NAS and Emby at this time when disks where woke up this task was fired in Emby, so I think if we will be able to stop this task, or reschedule to run on start server only that could help with hibernation problem. 

• Like 1

Did you try shutting down Emby Server and verify the NAS is able to stay hibernated for longer?

Did you try shutting down Emby Server and verify the NAS is able to stay hibernated for longer?

Before I have installed the Emby, the NAS could be hibernated for whole day if I was not using it. All has changed after Emby installation.

• 4 months later...
1jfeldman

This is interesting - so have you confirmed that logging is what keeps the disks from hibernating? Thanks!

This is interesting - so have you confirmed that logging is what keeps the disks from hibernating? Thanks!

With the latest release there is nothing known to prevent the disks from hibernating.

• 1 year later...
aea666

Hi, even I have an updated version 4.6.7.0, I have the same problem:

If the Emby server is running (even it’s not any client app connected), the NAS’ internal disks can’t go into hibernation, and if I stop the Emby server, they hibernate correctly (after 10 minutes).

In the attached log you can see that after stopping the server, if I access the NAS all the disks wake up.

But if the server has not been stopped, any time I access the only ones the wake up are the external ones (because the internal ones were not hibernating).

I have tried not marking the option “Activar monitoreo en tiempo real  (I don’t know how it appears in the English version), in any single library, but it doesn’t work.

Any idea? Is it something the only happens to me?

syslog_2022-4-30-20_14_7.csv embyserver.txt

2 minutes ago, aea666 said:

Hi, even I have an updated version 4.6.7.0, I have the same problem:

If the Emby server is running (even it’s not any client app connected), the NAS’ internal disks can’t go into hibernation, and if I stop the Emby server, they hibernate correctly (after 10 minutes).

In the attached log you can see that after stopping the server, if I access the NAS all the disks wake up.

But if the server has not been stopped, any time I access the only ones the wake up are the external ones (because the internal ones were not hibernating).

I have tried not marking the option “Activar monitoreo en tiempo real  (I don’t know how it appears in the English version), in any single library, but it doesn’t work.

Any idea? Is it something the only happens to me?

syslog_2022-4-30-20_14_7.csv 3.06 kB · 1 download embyserver.txt 454.25 kB · 0 downloads

hi, at what time during this log did you expect it to sleep?

2 minutes ago, aea666 said:

10 minutes, as that’s the time I have configured the in the NAS

What time of day in this example did you expect it to hibernate?

aea666

30th of April at 13:16, because as soon as I have started the Emby server, I finished the connection.

In order to check it, I have waited for 18 minutes, and I have connected again at 13:34, and only external disks were hibernating.

15 minutes ago, aea666 said:

30th of April at 13:16, because as soon as I have started the Emby server, I finished the connection.

In order to check it, I have waited for 18 minutes, and I have connected again at 13:34, and only external disks were hibernating.

You may want to try turning off all dlna features, then restart the server and see how that compares.

aea666

Hi, I haven’t found any option or parameter related to DLNA (in order to turn it off), but only a plugin that I have uninstalled.

I have restarted the server, and still it doesn’t allow the NAS to  hibernate.

9 hours ago, aea666 said:

Hi, I haven’t found any option or parameter related to DLNA (in order to turn it off), but only a plugin that I have uninstalled.

I have restarted the server, and still it doesn’t allow the NAS to  hibernate.

Please attach a new server log example. Thanks.