Is it Possible to rotate images in Photo/Video Libraries?

FredFrin

Hi, no, but we do support orientation attributes to auto rotate. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

FredFrin

Could you expand pls? Do you mean meta-data attributes stored within the media files themselves, or attributes stored in emby?

Having imported a whole photo/video album I note only one or two items are portrait when they should be landscape. I just noted one of these is actually an mp4 video file.

So how can I rotate it by 90 deg?

Yes usually they'll have metadata attributes. We don't currently have a way for you to do it manually.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, bob174 said:

The attribute rotate doesn't seem to work very well.  Is there a feature request in work for this?

Hi, can you please go over an example? Thanks.

I have a number of photographs that were taken in portrait on my camera, they appear landscape in emby.  I have attached an example photo.  It was shot with  Fuji XT-2.  I checked the EXIF data for the photo and it indicates "Orientation" "Rotate 90 CW"

DSCF0191.JPG

Edited by bob174
Additional info

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, bob174 said:

They don't appear rotated anywhere in Emby.

Can you show a screenshot of what you see in Emby? Thanks.

You read my mind.  You can see the one highlighted appears like it is rotated portrait, but the image is still landscape in the frame.  You can see some other ones in the image too.  This is on a Shield TV client.

20210206_185737.jpg

The web interface doesn't even make a pretense of rotating.  Interestingly, it is rotating pictures that were taken with a phone.  The ones shot with my XT-2 don't rotate.image.thumb.png.39340ada07d04b2f958cc4a848f16a44.png

Edited by bob174

6 hours ago, bob174 said:

The web interface doesn't even make a pretense of rotating.  Interestingly, it is rotating pictures that were taken with a phone.  The ones shot with my XT-2 don't rotate.image.thumb.png.39340ada07d04b2f958cc4a848f16a44.png

Hi, what format are they?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Dear Team, 

I have the same problem.. :(

My friend wants to buy Lifetime emby premier but on his LG OS ( emby version LG 1.0.33)  he still has problem with  photos orientation. 

Same photos on my tv Xiaomi MiTV-MSSP3 (Android TV) software 9  and emby version 2.0.48g)  look ok

all photos are jpg done by  Samsung Note 10+.

I conected him to my server with premiere licence  and server is up to date

Could you help us please?

Thank you and have a good weeek 

20220212_221553.jpg

20220212_221603.jpg

lg webos.jpg

• 6 months later...
DanielFrank
On 23/02/2022 at 15:20, Luke said:

Hi, we're looking into it. Thanks.

Any news on this? It's pretty annoying not being able to rotate images. Even when the image is rotated within Windows, it's showing up sideways when uploaded to Emby.

Please see attached images. I've uploaded the original image, and a screenshot of what it looks like in Emby when uploaded.

0044_front.jpg

Skærmbillede 2022-09-10 233324.png

1 hour ago, DanielFrank said:

Any news on this? It's pretty annoying not being able to rotate images. Even when the image is rotated within Windows, it's showing up sideways when uploaded to Emby.

Please see attached images. I've uploaded the original image, and a screenshot of what it looks like in Emby when uploaded.

0044_front.jpg

Skærmbillede 2022-09-10 233324.png

What format is the image?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2022 at 5:26 AM, DanielFrank said:

But how is the format even relevant? The image orientation should just be the same as the original image.

It's a matter of asking questions to narrow down the source of the problem.

• Like 1