Refresh Rate Switching Stutter

Jibest

How would it work exactly? As the Emby app runs in 1080 would the resolution matching switch the TV resolution automatically to 2160?

Yes.

If so how would it determine what FPS to use?

It would look for a mode matching the current mode's frame rate.

Jibest

I mentioned the following earlier & can confirm I can recreate this at all. Is it a known bug?

"What I did find during this though is that when a film is grouped with lower quality versions, changing the display mode from 2160/24* to 2160/30 switched over to a lower quality version of the film. In this case a 720p version. I had to split the versions apart before I could complete step 3 of the testing listed above?"

I mentioned the following earlier & can confirm I can recreate this at all. Is it a known bug?

"What I did find during this though is that when a film is grouped with lower quality versions, changing the display mode from 2160/24* to 2160/30 switched over to a lower quality version of the film. In this case a 720p version. I had to split the versions apart before I could complete step 3 of the testing listed above?"

I haven't had a chance to look into that but I'm not sure how changing resolutions on your display would change versions as we don't restart the stream when you do that...

Jibest

I haven't had a chance to look into that but I'm not sure how changing resolutions on your display would change versions as we don't restart the stream when you do that...

I'll film a short video of it happening and upload later tonight but that is what happens.

So over the weekend I was able to test with a Fire Stick 4K and it worked perfectly.

As the Firetv menus run in 4k resolution rather than 1080p there is no need for refresh rate switching to be running, the UHD content just plays. It doesn't play at 23.976 but i'm not concerned about that, it ran at 59. somthing (can't recall exactly). But it does not judder so that is good enough for me.

The display mode in Emby confirms it is running in 2160 and the tv info also shows as 4k resolution so happy days :)

Seems the older Firetv 2nd Gen 4k box is showing its age........

I did not upload a video regarding the other issue as it is no longer an issue for me with the refresh rate switching being disabled.