Still no Emby in Android Auto - so I did this...

eebrains

skidmarks

My alpine head unit wont let you go into settings unless the car is in park.  Its more entertaining as, not once but twice, you have to set the parking break.  Its rather annoying.  Video on a USB will also not work without seeing this double parking break trigger.  I most certainly understand why!

Be great if android auto would recognize this and allow apps to run video when the car is not in motion.  But that is a discussion for them i suppose...

Edited by skidmarks

• 11 months later...
iamanoffering

Jumping into this late as we just upgraded to a vehicle that supports Android Auto. I was excited to see the Emby app on there but can't seem to figure out how to access downloaded files only - any tips? I don't want my phone to access my entire library while driving as we don't have an unlimited data plan 

On 8/28/2021 at 4:44 PM, iamanoffering said:

Jumping into this late as we just upgraded to a vehicle that supports Android Auto. I was excited to see the Emby app on there but can't seem to figure out how to access downloaded files only - any tips? I don't want my phone to access my entire library while driving as we don't have an unlimited data plan 

HI, this feature is not there yet but it is coming. Thanks for the feedback.