Cannot playback while recording Live TV

G2T

While I'm recording Live TV I'm unable to playback the recording until either I stop the recording or I wait for the entire recording to complete.  Any recording that has completed I have no issue with.  I'm using ET on Win 10.  I get the spinning circle for quite some time and then it goes to a frozen frame of the video.  I can only back out.  I checked the server and it says it is doing a direct stream.  I also tried Edge browser and got the exact same behavior only the server says that is is transcoding.

Server.zip

ET.zip

Anyone have any comments about this?  I really need to get all this working so that I can watch live TV while its recording.  I setup emby server on my main computer, same setup with ET and I can play recorded media with no delay but this time it is transcoding the video.  Why would emby be transcoding and the other was doing a direct stream?  It says Reason for transcoding: Media bitrate exceeds limit but I don't know what that means, here is the transcode log.

ffmpeg-transcode-32566d4b-4054-4c97-ae19-82c4b52caede_1.txt

Happy2Play

Someone else with have to comment on the recording playback issue as I don't do Recording or LiveTV.

But the transcoding would appear to be do to a 7Mb limit applied somewhere.

&VideoBitrate=6616000&AudioBitrate=384000

Ok, it seems that was reported about 3 months ago.  The original system I was troubleshooting is doing a direct steam.  Could you please see the attached log and tell me in this case why its choosing to direct stream while the new system is choosing to transcode?  Both have issues but I was expecting them to use the same method since the configuration is the same its only different hardware.

ffmpeg-directstream-61585b0c-3bdc-4f9f-8f0d-1c8059e67ce9_1.txt

• 3 weeks later...