Emby Not Switching to Second HDHR (xTeVe)

ceb0610

ceb0610

I took the time to setup two separate instances of xTeVe and added them to emby as HDHomeRun tuners. each is capable of 5 connections and are piping the streams through ffmpeg. I can satureate the first tuner but it never jumps to the second tuner. I just get the xTeVe message stating there are no more available connections. Am I doing something wrong or is this just not possible? I was under the impression that this was the only way to get multiple iptv tuners to combine in emby.

groenator

Have you tried using the m3u links instead of the HomeRun tunner? I doubt it has a difference, it's more likely xteve is saturating all the connections.

ceb0610

Tried with M3U first and after some research found that merging wasn't supported. Have two accounts with one provider. Each with 5 connections. I was under the impression that emby treated HDhomeruns differently and allowed switching to a secondary tuner once the primary was at capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

We don't have that type of automatic switching although it's planned for the future. For now you'd have to just play using the second tuner.