Change parental rating to PG- from GB-

ertagon2

ertagon2

So when I set up emby I selected UK and English for region/language and metadata download. But I didn't know it would give me the GB ratings instead of PG.
So I changed the region to USA but the ratings didn't change. Is there a way to change them to PG?
I'm on 4.2.0.40

unknown.png

Yes that's correct but you can change that in the user interface. No need to mess with config files.

ertagon2

Yes that's correct but you can change that in the user interface. No need to mess with config files.

I did, it didn't work. I even restarted the server and refreshed all the metadata. Still nothing. So I did that.

Edited by ertagon2

Happy2Play

I did, it didn't work. I even restarted the server and refreshed all the metadata. Still nothing. So I did that.

Where did you change it in the UI?

Edited by Happy2Play

Exactly. Looking at your first screenshot, you changed the parental restriction for one of your users. Why did you do that? What gave you the impression that it would change the metadata of your media ?

ertagon2

Exactly. Looking at your first screenshot, you changed the parental restriction for one of your users. Why did you do that? What gave you the impression that it would change the metadata of your media ?

Okay so my screenshot only shows WHERE I have the problem.

I changed the metadata language setting in every single library + in the server settings.

I also re-downloaded all metadata just to make sure. 

But that didn't work since the setting wasn't actually changed (because of whatever)

So it only worked after I changed it manually in the config.

Edited by ertagon2

The ratings are based on the country option, not the language, so that's why it didn't have any impact.

Happy2Play

Okay so my screenshot only shows WHERE I have the problem.

I changed the metadata language setting in every single library + in the server settings.

I also re-downloaded all metadata just to make sure. 

But that didn't work since the setting wasn't actually changed (because of whatever)

So it only worked after I changed it manually in the config.

Sorry but there is are three areas you can change this.  Global, per Library, and per item

ertagon2

The ratings are based on the country option, not the language, so that's why it didn't have any impact.

I changed that too. to USA

So when I set up emby I selected UK and English for region/language and metadata download. But I didn't know it would give me the GB ratings instead of PG.

So I changed the region to USA but the ratings didn't change. Is there a way to change them to PG?

I'm on 4.2.0.40

unknown.png

Edited by ertagon2

No you didn't, because again, that screenshot is the parental restriction of one of your users. It will not change the values in your media items. You need to go into library settings.