live stream of over the air will not play

SeekingWisdom

SeekingWisdom

We have been using Emby for months and every morning we start emby app on the Roku and select one of the over the air channels to play.  This morning 1/1/2020 emby will not play the live over the air channels.

I have a HDHomerun as interface between my antenna and the emby and a Synology DS918+ server on which emby runs.

The first thing I did was to open the HDHomerun app on my IPad and it played the live over the air channel that emby would not.  I then stopped playing and went to the HDHomerun web interface and looked at tuner status and neither was being used (this is how it should be at that moment).

I then went to my PC and logged into the DS918 to access the emby server directly and selected the guide and picked a channel.  It displayed the circle animation "thing" and never played anything.  

Keep in mind that this was working yesterday and stopped working today.  Of course this could be nothing but we did change to a new year - any possibility of that being an issue?

So in my own mind what I have done is to show the input to emby (the HDHomerun) is working by playing the live over the air TV on the IPad.  I then proved that the 2 tuners are not busy causing emby to fail to be able to play.

I need guidance as to what to do next to get this resolved.

Thanks in advance - and Happy New Year to all

SeekingWisdom

It is now working.  I don't know what I did (if anything) to change things.

I looked at Advanced / Scheduled tasks and note the following:

Refresh Guide - 9 minutes ago

convert media - 19 minutes ago

transfer media - 19 minutes ago

not sure if any of these would have anything to do with it,

Edited by SeekingWisdom

@@SeekingWisdom, most likely refreshing the guide data. The other two will not have any impact on Live TV.

In the absence of further information, what most likely happened is that something related to your tuner channels changed, and Emby need to refresh that information from the tuner in order to be able to play again. If you still have the server log from the time of the failure, we can take a deeper look at it. Thanks.

SeekingWisdom

I did not create system logs at the time I reported the problem.  Is it to late to create a system log now?  How do you attach the log in the forum reply?

SeekingWisdom

under support services / log generation - it had the system with a checkmark - if others needed let me know

I attached the file debug (2).dat

Time something had to have happend (changed) was between my first post and the one where I said it was working.

SeekingWisdom

I thought I attached it, I will try again

I think the last time I only "choose file" and didn't "attach this file"

@@Abobader When I try to "attach this file" it says, "error you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file"

5e0f4267bd43d_thefile.jpg

above is screen capture of what windows displays for the file

because you previously explained the 3 day limit I have not tried to create another file

not sure what to do next

Try saving the log file in it's original plain text format, then attaching as that rather than .dat.

Good day,

As Luke said.

Best to attach as txt or you can zip the files and then attach them.

My best

SeekingWisdom

I went to support services / log generation and clicked on the generate logs button.  It does not give an option as to what type of file to save or for that matter where to save it.  I grabbed it in the bottom of the browser window - still a .dat file.

I did some google searches and found that "log center" has an option "archive logs as text format in addition to default format" and selected that and apply (also had to specify a file folder).

I then went back to support services and now when I click on "generate logs" it still creates a .dat file in the bottom of the browser window so I don't think the archive logs has anything to do with support services / log generation.

I'm afraid I have no idea how to change the type of download to a text file.

At this point it is 1/4 and the problem occurred on 1/1 and you said it deletes after 3 days so I'm not sure if it is there now anyway. 

I would be interested to know how to generate a text output though.  Thanks for your help

Edited by SeekingWisdom

I went to support services / log generation and clicked on the generate logs button. 

Hi.  Where exactly are you doing this...?

SeekingWisdom

I go to main menu / support center

click on support services tab

scroll to the bottom and it has "log generation" of which system is checked

then I click on generate logs

I go to main menu / support center

click on support services tab

scroll to the bottom and it has "log generation" of which system is checked

then I click on generate logs

Okay - we are talking about Emby System logs not your NAS system logs here.  The locations of these logs should be shown on your dashboard or you can use the dashboard "logs" tab to find them as well (explained in the doc linked above).

Does that make sense?

2020-01-01 08:50:13.868 Error HttpClient: Error getting response from http://192.168.1.21:5004/auto/v13.1?transcode=heavy
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.3.1.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.3.1.0/EmbyServer.dll -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121
	Operating system: Unix 4.4.59.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: True
	Runtime: file:///volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/netcore/2.2.1/runtime/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
	Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.3.1.0
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: No route to host ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No route to host

No route to host when trying to connect to your tuner. So either your tuner was off, disconnected from the network, or it was having some kind of problem at the time.

SeekingWisdom

as I stated in the first post, I connected my IPad using the HDHomerun app to the tuner and watched a live channel.  I also looked at the tuners web interface and it said none of the tuners was active (after I stopped watching).  After doing this I went to my PC logged into the DS918 and started up emby and tried to play a channel and it didin't work (original attempts were made from Roku emby app).

This proves the tuner was on the network, would play (at least to the hdhomerun app on the IPad).

thanks for looking at the logs

I used to use only Plex but over time more and more bugs showed up so that things that had been working for months stopped working and remained not working for months (or possibly still aren't working).  Since I have changed to Emby it has worked flawlessly with the exception of this report.  Please keep up the good work.

Edited by SeekingWisdom

Thanks for the feedback. I'm not trying to have the last word but there's really nothing we can do about this particular error. You said after you tested you went to your PC, during that time in between the tuner could have come back onto the network. Even if that's not correct, the issue is the server could not reach the tuner at the time of the request. I can't tell you why as that is environmental, I can only determine that the network request to open a channel stream did not succeed. Thanks for providing the log files.