Collections not grouping by videos and series in web app

MBSki

MBSki

Not sure if this is intentional, but the web app no longer shows collection items group by Videos and Series. Instead both movies and tv shows are mixed together. I much prefer seeing them grouped by movies and tv shows. Makes it easier to find what I'm looking for. On the Android app it shows the groupings by Videos and Series, so not sure why the web app doesn't.

MBSki

Sure, I attached one of the web app where movies and tv shows are mixed together in one group called items, and another of Android where there are 2 groups: video for movies and series for tv shows.

post-290994-0-43778700-1577808876_thumb.jpg

post-290994-0-69672300-1577809015_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
MBSki

Luke, this appears to be happening everywhere now. Shouldn't movies and shows be separated in the collections view? Right now everything is getting grouped into a single Items category.

• 1 month later...
MBSki

Luke, is there a fix being worked for this? I'm still seeing everything grouped into items rather than split into Shows and Movies. The only app that appears to work correctly is the Android TV app.

Happy2Play

I guess this can be a grey area as users also want to have collections in their own order also.  So separation by type may be a issue also.  Another one of those is uniformity correct?  It can be argued either way.

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

MBSki

It's something that will be reviewed in future updates. thanks.

Thanks Luke. I don't completely understand why this isn't getting fixed now though. It worked a few months ago and then started breaking in every app that I use (Xbox One, Web, and Android Mobile) except for Android TV. If the design is intended to show the movies and shows in groups, wouldn't this be a bug that gets fixed quickly? 

@@Happy2Play It all depends on how Luke expects it to work. If it's supposed to be grouped, it should group on ALL apps to keep consistency across the platforms.

• 1 month later...
atomicmoon

It appears items in collections are being grouped by release date, and there is no separation of media class. Everything is just an "item" instead of image, album, movie, etc.

5e7e87c296b8c_collections.png

Before, it would group media by type, then alphabetical. This "appears" to be grouping by release date.
Hope this info can help.

Edited by atomicmoon

• 1 month later...
MBSki

@@Luke Can you please fix this? Its been 5 months since it was inadvertently broken. It would be nice to get this back to normal.

• 2 weeks later...