Toy Story 4 4K blocky video 7.1 sound

arrbee99

2 hours ago, vdatanet said:

So it's remuxing as expected. What I find strange is what happens to me, a Shield connected to a TV that does not support DTS, and with both DTS and DTS-MA I get direct playback.

And either stereo or software decoded PCM audio, correct?

vdatanet
13 minutes ago, ebr said:

And either stereo or software decoded PCM audio, correct?

Yes, like the Android TV app when audio output is set to stereo,, shown as local downmix in SFN. Just a presumption, because this TV does not display information about the audio it receives and SFN simply displays DTS audio.

1 minute ago, vdatanet said:

Yes, like the Android TV app when audio output is set to stereo,, shown as local downmix in SFN. Just a presumption, because this TV does not display information about the audio it receives and SFN simply displays DTS audio.

So you are losing high quality 5.1 audio in favor of direct playing.  You can do the same thing in the TV app with that option.

vdatanet
Just now, ebr said:

So you are losing high quality 5.1 audio in favor of direct playing.  You can do the same thing in the TV app with that option.

Yes, that's OK for the TV. But what is discussed here is that when remux is required in some cases it shows green artifacts. Avoiding a remux is a workaround not a solution. For example, a 5.1 soundbar without DTS support, requires a DTS 5.1 to AC3 5.1 remux, local downmix is not acceptable, and then green artifacts are shown. 

I would bet this is a segmentation problem. The same thing happened in Plex but they have changed the segmentation to MKV containers and the problem was solved.

24 minutes ago, vdatanet said:

Local downmix is being done by the client device, your Shield in this instance, rather than by the server. 

arrbee99
13 hours ago, vdatanet said:

Can you share a little sample?

These are the same files as mentioned back on page 1, post 12(ish) -

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmkRWNKmKxThiKFMrTzJthKR25_Cng?e=WcS44j

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmkRWNKmKxThiKFNHOItEBa76iOjxA?e=WtWsYB

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmkRWNKmKxThiKFO7wiQQQIFiy_E_Q?e=R5fWmy

vdatanet
6 hours ago, arrbee99 said:

Results are as I expected, there's nothing wrong with the rip:

In a supported TrueHD 7.1 system, both Plex and Emby played the sample without glitching.

In an unsupported TrueHD 7.1 system (remuxing was required).

• Both Emby for Android and Emby for Android TV showed glitching during playback
  • Plex using MKV segments played the sample without glitching

So, you know what to do. Review HLS segmentation while playing HEVC files

Maybe this Topic should be pinned, or better this one, for me is a major bug:

Edited by vdatanet