Basic STRM question for local Emby files

GothsterC
Go to solution Solved by GothsterC,

GothsterC

Hello,

I'm trying to use STRM files as a means to have a movie file appear in two separate libraries as I have seen mentioned in other threads.

I have read over the STRM guide as well as searched the forums.  I have tried many forms of URLS has pulled from the transcode logs like:

http://localhost:8096/emby/videos/407582/hls1/main/0.ts...but the best I have been able to do is get a stream that plays for 5 seconds and stops.

What is the format for the URL specified in the STRM file when you are trying to stream something from your local Emby server?

• Solution
GothsterC

I understand now.  That worked.  I just specified the path like: R:\Videos\Horror\Movie [1990]\Movie [1990].mkv.  No http or anything else.

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
pwhodges

I wanted to suggest this in another thread (now locked anyway) to get over duplicating storage.  However, when I looked it up in the wiki, the article there gave no mention of it, so I thought my memory had been faulty.

Could this option be added to the wiki for future readers to find?

Paul

4 hours ago, pwhodges said:

I wanted to suggest this in another thread (now locked anyway) to get over duplicating storage.  However, when I looked it up in the wiki, the article there gave no mention of it, so I thought my memory had been faulty.

Could this option be added to the wiki for future readers to find?

Paul

What do you mean "to get over duplicating storage"?

Are you asking to modify the STRM article to include local URLs examples as well?

Happy2Play
6 hours ago, cayars said:

Are you asking to modify the STRM article to include local URLs examples as well?

Yes, but you do not need a url in a strm file as shown above.  As i reference this topic in this one.  Basically a strm file would be the equivalent of a "shortcut".

pwhodges

Oops - my post was meant to be in the thread linked by Happy2Play, not this one - that would have made the reason for my request clear.

Paul