Asustor server is inaccessible from outside the network

TheCollectorx

TheCollectorx

hello all,

I have an asustor nas model AS6404T on which i have installed the emby server.

I have tried to set up the port forwarding rules on both my router (Tenda) and the ISP router (huawei) with no success could you please advise on how to proceed?

TheCollectorx

i have even connected the nas directly to the ISP router and did the port forwarding rules but  i still cannot access it 

Happy2Play

Note a two router environment can create a double nat depending on their configurations.

Guest asrequested

The easiest option is to put the ISP router in bridge mode. If you want to use both, then you need to put your router on a different subnet, then forward its new IP through the ISP router.

Happy2Play

If connection directly to the ISP router still didn't work, you will need to go over everything you have done.

But for a Double NAT you would port forward Emby ports on your ISP router (huawei) to your router"s (Tenda) gateway (the address use access it from), then from (Tenda) to the host machines ip.

Good day,

I assume you go to by this setup since you do not have a switch, as Doofus suggest by doing bridge between the 2 routers, if it not work, try to put your home router as access point.

My best