Kodi MediaImport Project

LongMan

muzicman0

Curious if there is a way to display 2 libraries with TV shows.  For instance, my Emby library has a 'Recorded TV' library, and a 'TV Shows' library.  I use another application to actually do the recording.  I have something similar for Movies (Movies, Recorded Movies, & Holiday Movies).

in Emby for Kodi, I use 'tags' to display them as separate entries.  Will that be possible with this add-on, or is there another way to do it?  I use Amber skin to then create main menu items to point to a TV Show library with the tag 'Recorded TV', or 'TV Shows' depending on which I want to see.  

Also, the same show may exist in both places, but typically there will not be duplicate episodes.  For instance, episode S05E1 - 6 of Blindspot will be in TV Shows because I have already watched and archived, and any new episodes that I haven't watched will be in Recorded TV.  This helps me keep track of what I have and haven't watched.

EDIT: I found a skin that supports tags, and it works...sorta.  Unfortunately, ALL series will show up under Recorded TV, even if there aren't any files in the folder.  I'll keep looking into it.  There may be a setting somewhere.

LongMan

As you have already found out it does the same tagging as Emby for Kodi.

With regards to TV shows in separate libraries, that's a touchy one. Owing to the fact that there can be imports from multiple sources, it attempts to consolidate TV Shows. So when a show is imported, it checks to see if it is already in the database, and if it is, the new episodes are added to the existing show. As you have realized, this can lead to undesirable behaviour. I am not sure if the logic will be revisited, however, the way that Imports and Providers are added has not been finalized yet.  It might be a good idea to create an issue on GitHub so others can chime in.

Cheers,

LongMan

muzicman0

Thanks for the info.  If I can get the 'tags' to work as desired, then it won't matter, I can pull them up that way, but at least for now, there doesn't seem to be a way to not show 'shows' that don't have any actual files.  That may be skin dependent though.

Painkiller8818
On 7/6/2020 at 1:12 AM, muzicman0 said:

Thanks for the info.  If I can get the 'tags' to work as desired, then it won't matter, I can pull them up that way, but at least for now, there doesn't seem to be a way to not show 'shows' that don't have any actual files.  That may be skin dependent though.

Tags are normally supported. While in your movies you can go one step back and you will see titles, interpeters etc.. and at the bottom there is normally a menu entry for tags. there you see all tags Kodi can actually find and you can sort with them.

Only if you need to display things in your skin like e.g. you wanna see an ATMOS icon for movies with atmos etc you need to edit your skin if the skin doesn't support that and code it on your own.

But for filtering the tags are available in kodi.

Edited by Painkiller8818

Montellese
On 7/4/2020 at 10:41 PM, muzicman0 said:

EDIT: I found a skin that supports tags, and it works...sorta.  Unfortunately, ALL series will show up under Recorded TV, even if there aren't any files in the folder.  I'll keep looking into it.  There may be a setting somewhere.

There is an option in Kodi's settings to hide empty TV shows. I'm not sure what the default value is. But it should behave the same independent of whether you list all tvshows or only those from a specific tag.

Concerning TV shows / episodes with multiple tags: Do you only see some of the episodes for a specific tvshows under one tag and the rest of the episodes of the same tvshow under another tag? If yes this sounds like it would require tags on episodes and not TV shows. But Kodi only supports tags on movies, TV shows and music videos but not on seasons or episodes. The only workaround would be to use two separate TV show entries for the same TV shows with different tags and assigned episodes. But I'm not sure if this is what users would normally expect because it would also result in Kodi showing the same TV show twice when listing all available TV shows. But TBH it would make the import logic a lot easier if it wouldn't have to be able to handle "merging" existing TV shows (and seasons) with imported ones.

• 3 weeks later...
t123thomas

Hi  I use Libreelec Armlogic Kodi 19 details will be find in the link below, could you contact the developer, if its possible to develop similar to what  Milhouse did for LE General for the Armlogic devices, this will provide a wide scope for testing as there are many users of Armlogic devices out on Kodi forum.

test-libreelec-images-with-kodi-19-for-s9xxx

armbian-image

Main developer Balbes150

Hope it help

Edited by t123thomas

• 1 month later...

I have just successfully installed Media Importer on a VM using `LibreELEC (community): devel-20200826165948-d8a7611 (Generic.x86_64)` and `Emby Media Importer 0.0.9`.

The entire setup process was quite elegant once I understood the new workflow for adding sources and realised it is best to avoid HTTPS for now.

I really dont have anything but positive feedback to report other than trivialities like the icon in kodi settings for Media Sources is missing.

I can see though that the FanArt cache is built on demand. I would like to request an option for all cover art to be pre-cached. In my experience on lower end devices lack of pre caching just results in an extended bad user experience until it is populated. In cases like this it is better to get this out the way once in advance. Obviously some consideration would need to be given to how remote the artwork is (i.e. internet vs local LAN) and if only covers vs actor etc are pre cached.

I havent tested it yet but it looks like we also follow the standard Kodi practice of a separate `/userdata/Thumbnails` cache per user. As stated previously this isnt viable for me on AML since the available device storage space is less than the space needed to hold 6 copies of the cache (one for each user). This forces me to use path substitution which immediately makes all my installs officially not supported.

Is there any option being considered to work around this?

Edit: I just realised that the Kodi thread is far more active than this one for development discussion. I will cross post this there later and use that thread from then on.

Edited by xe`
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
LongMan

The developer is swamped right now so the last build is still the only updated branch (ie Kodi 19 alpha 2) if your are fine with that. I could get someone to rerun that build. Let me know.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
LongMan

Your gratitude, like mine, should be direct at @Montellese. He has been a lone warrior in the wilderness in this true labour of love. He has been on it since 2013, even though It has had rapid development since about this time last year.

Thanks Sir @Montellese.

He has been swamped with work and life so has not found time to rebase. In addition, your testing, and that of others like yourself, have given him a clearer picture of it's use. At least clearer that when he started designing the database and base items. Owing to this he has been making some 'low level' changes and encounter a challenge that he hasn't solve yet. Hopefully with the holiday rush over, he may be able to have another go at it.

With regards to the Beta 2, if he can find the time, i wouldn't mind. However, if time is still tight, I would prefer a release based on Kodi v19 Final. This I think would a good daily driver and give a more stable test environment since there should be less bugs in Kodi itself.

Thanks again for testing and I Happy New Year when it rolls your way

• Like 2

LongMan

Is there anyone following the thread that has experience building LibreELEC and/or CoreELEC? Would appreciate if someone could run Beta 2 builds.

• 4 weeks later...

@LongMan,

would it also be possible to install your plugin also by adding the repo manuelly? So i could install it on v19re1? Or why a special branch is needed?