Kodi MediaImport Project

LongMan

pünktchen

Hi LongMan, why no download link for Android builds? I've found them on Kodi mirrors but they are older than the windows builds. But more important is do the Android builds have an unique identifier, so one can install it side by side with an original Kodi Leia apk?

LongMan

These last builds were just to have python 3 builds of Kodi to port the addons. The Windows for him, and the OSX  for enen92, who helped with the port. I will ask for an android build and update the post.

Cheers,

LongMan

TeamB

Unfortunately it is very hard to get feedback from users. Most users have their systems set up the way they like and are not willing to test or try new things which is fair to be honest, no one wants to break their system especially when family members use the system and you would rather not endanger home harmony :-)

I was able to install the test version of Kodi and the add-on and get my 600 odd movies to sync in about 3 minutes.

Playback worked fine, I was able to play back movies and the Emby dashboard show the client playing back the items ok.

I was able to mark items as watched/unwatched in Kodi and the Emby server was updated correctly.

One draw back to this approach was that real time events like marking something watched on the server did not show up in Kodi until I did a re-sync.

Apart from that it worked for my movies test and looks good.

• Like 1

LongMan

New builds and a zip file for a dev repo for the addons are available in the first Post

@TeamB  The websocket issue was a fallout from Python 3 migration. Thanks for pointing that out. It has been corrected. Can you give it another spin and let us know.

@pünktchen  Android builds are now available. Give it a spin a let us know how it feels.

Cheers,

LongMan

• Like 1

blublub

Hi

I want to try Kodi 19 because of the HDR build for Windows.

Since Emby for Kodi is not Python 3 yet I would like to know how "alpha" the mediaimporter still is and if I still need the zip for download or if it is already in a repo.

Thx

LongMan

@@blublub

It is in the Dev repo which I have posted a link to in the first post.

Give it a spin. There are now LibreELEC builds so you can test without replacing your production system.

How Alpha? Tell us. We would love your opinion

sualfred

The HDR builds are inofficial and the existing Pull Request got rejected because of it breaks other operation systems and several other things (haven't looked in detail at the PR discussion). The mediaimporter branch has no HDR included and is based on the official Kodi GitHub master.

LongMan

That's  true, MediaImport does not have HDR because the HDR PR has not been merged. The first PR was rejected and the second attempt is being reviewed so stay tuned.

Cheers,

LongMan

blublub

Mhh OK then I go Notebook first, and htoy later. Otherwise WAF will take a hit...

Is this supposed to replace Kodi for emby in the future?

sualfred

Emby for Kodi is made by the Emby community and the Mediaimporter stuff is by Team Kodi. Two complete different approaches and feature sets.

LongMan

As @@sualfred said they are done by different people. Emby for Kodi was actually made based on the MediaImport project. The current developer wanted take a generic approach which meant a relatively long development time so Emby for Kodi was born. Bear in mind that a MediaImporter allows you to import from multiple servers at the same time. Emby is only one source. Another Kodi instance could also act as a server.

Edited by LongMan

blublub

Hi

What is the difference from the Kodi builds in the 1st post to the current Kodi Alpha v19 builds? I primarily want to try the new HDR build for my setup and to get Emby to work with that I would also test the mediaimporter.

thx

• Like 1

xnappo

Hi

What is the difference from the Kodi builds in the 1st post to the current Kodi Alpha v19 builds? I primarily want to try the new HDR build for my setup and to get Emby to work with that I would also test the mediaimporter.

thx

My understanding is that both are features that have not yet been merged.  Hopefully soon there will be a version with both.

• Like 1

xnappo

I gave this a shot, but am getting this error when I try to add my server:

https://pastebin.com/i801pHj4

My library is completely empty - will try adding a dummy.. [EDIT] added one movie, didn't help.

[EDIT 2] Posted on Kodi forum, fix in the works.  Windows MySQL issue.

Edited by xnappo

LongMan

@@xnappo, New builds with a fix for your MySQL issue has the posted for all except the LibrELEC ones. Waitng on milhouse for those.

Edit: The LibreELEC builds have been updated too. Now All builds contains the fix

Edited by LongMan

feerlessleadr

I didn't do extensive testing, but other than setting up the username/password / initial sync being a bit confusing, everything seemed to work very well. 

I'll test more this weekend when I have more time. 

Initial tests were run on my nvidia shield 

Thanks!

kaufhauslicht

I really like the idea of the mediaimport project, however I am using Coreelec on  Amlogic S905X boxes and thus I can't test it. Are there any plans to release a Coreelec build in the near future?