Kodi MediaImport Project

LongMan

TylerDurden_BS

Hello Montellese,

yes it's the same thing for me like in the issue you describe.

I use two profiles (named it Parents / Kids) both profiles sign to the same profile in Emby.

Master profile (Parents) still working, all imported, all fine. Kids profile first use, my Emby server is added as active media import, have to delete it, recrate it with

IP-Adress and Port, in settings the creds from my son, add import, inital sync all is fine.

Then my son watch TV Show on FireTV+Kodi+emby-next-gen all sync to Emby server, i see this in Emby Webview.

But in media import nothing changes, nor when I put new Shows in Emby folder ?

I know that's obvisiouly nobody works with profiles in Kodi, but that's for me the best way to devide content for parents and kids. 
In german forum kodinerds sualfred says so several times that profile in kodi is broken, but that's the only way (for me).

In Win10 or Linux you can work with users, but what's with FireTV and others ?

Montellese

TylerDurden_BS

Hello Montellese,

first at all - Thanx a lot !

Did a fresh Install, Parents profile, all seems find.

First new is that after activate MediaImport it auto detect my emby server. Kids profile, it detect it too and in settings it's empty.

Did all sync fine, after reboot my Win10 machine, and on Emby Web sign an episode as watched it sync corrct with MediaImport.

Will do more tests later.

Thumbs up !

LongMan

A few days ago Montellese  uploaded new test builds at Downloads / Changelog which can greatly improve the performance of retrieving and passing media items from Python-based media importers to Kodi. For the performance improvements to become visible you also need to update the media importer add-on to the latest version which was just released:

The performance improvement is very noticeable especially for the initial sync. Please provide feedback on your experience.

@alscaldas The corresponding Rockchip build is attached.

LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-10.0-devel-20210518023526-78a6331-rockpro64.img.gz

• Thanks 1

TylerDurden_BS

Hey LongMan,

hm...normally I use Chrome, no download, delete cache, no download.

With MS Edge download is fine...

TylerDurden_BS

Ok, fresh install on my Win10 Test machine, with media.importer 0.0.12 seems first sync os faster than before.

Maybe tomorrow give it a second chance on my old 1st Gen Amazon FireTV.

Will report it.

LongMan

@horstepipe Could you do a test run on these builds and provide some feedback. I know you have the capabilities to give a proper stress test.

You feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

LongMan

• Like 1

Montellese

Unfortunately you ran into a known issue where something is wonky in Kodi's Python integration resulting in Python exceptions not being caught. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. You might have more luck trying again. 

horstepipe

That error (with GUI message) you see in that log only happened once. I tried several times but it can’t connect. Are there issues about https with that build? I‘ll try without nginx later this week.

TylerDurden_BS

Hm, on both Test machines, Win10 und Amazon Fire TV I have to restart once, then it connect ?

Montellese
12 hours ago, horstepipe said:

That error (with GUI message) you see in that log only happened once. I tried several times but it can’t connect. Are there issues about https with that build? I‘ll try without nginx later this week.

I have never tested with HTTPS so I'm not sure whether it works or not. I can see warnings in the logs that the HTTPS requests are unverified. Furthermore it says that it cannot authenticate the user with the current settings.

Could you enable debug logging so that I can see more details in the log?

Thanks for the feedback.

11 hours ago, TylerDurden_BS said:

Hm, on both Test machines, Win10 und Amazon Fire TV I have to restart once, then it connect ?

That's odd. But I haven't run a clean build in a while so maybe I just didn't notice. I'll do that ASAP.

horstepipe

it is working now but I don't know why lol. Maybe I made some nonsense last time or it is because I updated Emby to beta.

So it is syncing now for some minutes, the progress bar stays at 0%. From server logs it looks like it is currently only fetching local trailers (I have them locally to each movie).

2021-06-01 13:00:01.247 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://domain/emby/Users/xxx/Items/1151/LocalTrailers.

horstepipe
15 hours ago, LongMan said:

@horstepipeAny update?

Sorry I forgot to post.

mhh from what I see sync is even slower now than before, it took about an hour to sync my movies. With Emby for Kodi it takes half an hour. Maybe this is because of the trailers I mentioned in the post before?

LongMan

That's strange. It took 8 and half minutes to sync my libraries. That is by far the fastest sync I have ever seen. This includes Emby for Kodi and Emby Next Gen.

Could you verify that the importer is at lest version 12 and you have the latest build

horstepipe
4 hours ago, LongMan said:

That's strange. It took 8 and half minutes to sync my libraries. That is by far the fastest sync I have ever seen. This includes Emby for Kodi and Emby Next Gen.

Could you verify that the importer is at lest version 12 and you have the latest build

Do you have LOCAL trailers for your movies in Emby?

I will verify again.

Montellese
1 hour ago, horstepipe said:

Do you have LOCAL trailers for your movies in Emby?

Unfortunately LOCAL trailers have to be retrieved manually for every item (or I haven't found another way) because they aren't provided as part of the main response. That certainly slows things down considerably because it will result in a lot more queries than necessary to just retrieve all media items. I could make it optional similar to retrieving collections so speed things up. But you obviously lose some information in Kodi as an Emby client.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...