Kodi MediaImport Project

LongMan

alscaldas
On 3/21/2021 at 11:27 PM, LongMan said:

No problem. Let us know how it goes.

@LongMan Hello. Just to let you know that the MediaImport addon is working very well, although I noticed that each time I reboot it apparently synchronizes all the files again (which considering that most of my files comes from remote shared libraries is pretty slow and probably generates unnecessary stress on the remote servers, I guess). In fact I thought that since I enabled the synchronization option "Use Kodi Companion Server Plugin" it was supposed to sync just the new added files, not the whole libraries.

Another question I got is about updates. What am I supposed to do when new versions from both the MediaImport or LibreELEC itself come out? I don't feel like bothering you to spend hours of your time each time there's a new version, you know...

Any chance this excellent work of yours will become part of the official Kodi and LibreELEC projects?

LongMan
5 hours ago, alscaldas said:

@LongMan Hello. Just to let you know that the MediaImport addon is working very well, although I noticed that each time I reboot it apparently synchronizes all the files again (which considering that most of my files comes from remote shared libraries is pretty slow and probably generates unnecessary stress on the remote servers, I guess). In fact I thought that since I enabled the synchronization option "Use Kodi Companion Server Plugin" it was supposed to sync just the new added files, not the whole libraries.

Another question I got is about updates. What am I supposed to do when new versions from both the MediaImport or LibreELEC itself come out? I don't feel like bothering you to spend hours of your time each time there's a new version, you know...

Any chance this excellent work of yours will become part of the official Kodi and LibreELEC projects?

Thanks for taking the time to test and provide feedback. It is greatly appreciated.

It should only synchronize the changes after the initial sync. Could you provide a debug log to check to see why this is happening?

In respect to  going into Kodi's mainline,  he is currently working on optimizing some parts of Kodi's core to make MediaImport syncs occur faster. These changes will also benefit all Kodi addons that present items in a list. He is making the necessary changes for videos, audio and games even though MediaImport only support videos right now. He tends to work thoroughly and make improvements whenever he finds areas that can be improved. This means his work may take a little longer, but it makes the overall project a bit stronger. It is very early in V20 cycle so let keep our fingers crossed. As you can see it is quite advanced in development but he likes high quality work which is a good thing, so the polishing continues.

With regards to updates, I will post the build for you no problem. It is not really taking up my time because it is actually the computer that is doing the work not me, 😁. When I run builds for myself, I will include the RockPi build for you. The code is quite stable now so new builds are not necessary too often anyway.

Cheers,

LongMan

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
TylerDurden_BS

Hello to the Devs,

will MediaImport work with Profiles in Emby and Kodi ?

My Setting: Emby with 2 Profils (Parent/Child) sync with Kodi and emby-next-gen.

Synv with 2 FireTV and 2 Win10 PC.

On my Test Win10 PC I get only Parents Profile working, for child I have no way to enter User  credentials ?

Will this work ?

Thanx a lot

LongMan

@TylerDurden_BS Thanks for taking the time to inquire.

I do not use Kodi profiles but I ran a quick test and yes, MediaImport does support Kodi profiles. I used two separate Emby users connected to two Kodi profiles. Both connected and showed in the Emby Dashboard in turn.

I cannot comment on the user experience with Kodi's profile, but it does work. If you need help setting it up just ask.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

LongMan

• 2 weeks later...
TylerDurden_BS

Hello LongMan,

sorry for my late reply, didn't see your Post.

Ok. For me it doesn't work. Can you please give me a litte adivce for my settings.

I have 2 Emby Users and same Users in Kodi. Connect parent profil works, Kids profile doesn't

thanx a lot 

TylerDurden

TylerDurden_BS

Hello LongMan,

I think i got it.

Have to delete in Kids profile the (why ever) imported Media Provider from Parents Profile, add new Provider with

Kids crendentials for Emby Sever and this will work for me.
In Library Sync All change to Choose and see all Libary - Kids movie, Parent movie. Kids TV, Parents TV but will only sync 

the libraries Kids have permission on Emby Server.

Works like a charm !

Do you have an version for Fire TV ?

Thanx Tyler Durden

LongMan

I think i got it.

Great.  Haven't gotten the chance to run through it again so I am happy that you were able to figure it out.

With regards to the Fire TV, did you try one of the android builds? One of those should work.

Cheers,

LongMan

Edited by LongMan

LongMan

Yeah now I see. Thanks for pointing that out.

The kodi servers only keep test builds for a limited time. Will check to see if we can get another round of builds.

Cheers,

LongMan

TylerDurden_BS

Hello Longman,

will Age Control work ? With emby-next-gen my German FSK-6/12 will only display Movie or TV for 

Kids Profile within the correct FSK-6/12.

With Media Importer it shows ALL TV/Movie no matter from Age Control.
That's for me a Killer feature,

Thanx Tyler

LongMan

MediaImport will only import what is available to the Emby user whose credentials are entered. Are you referring to what is imported or what is displayed after import?

Cheers,

LongMan

TylerDurden_BS

Use 2 Profiles in Emby, and in Kids Profile make Age Control (German FSK-6 or FSK-12).

This 2 Profiles are same named in Kodi and sync all Library.

In emby-next-gen when Kid is logged in only see TV/Movie FSK-6, so I can perfect age controll.

In MediaImport when Kid is logged in he see all TV/Movies no matter witch FSK, and files are playing.

When Kid ist logged in via Chrome in Emby directly it shows only FSk-6 TV/Movies, this ist working

LongMan

That's interesting. I don't use age restriction myself. I have separate libraries for Kids Movies and Kids Series so maybe that's why I have not encountered that problem.

It was my assumption that when a user's media is requested from the server, only those to which they have access would be returned. MediaImport only syncs what is returned by the API for the user that is in question.

So to ensure that we are on the same page here. The kids account has access to the same libraries as the other account except that there is an age restriction on the Kids account.

Emby Server

• Movies - Adult Account (no restriction in Emby)
  • Movies (Same as above) - Kids Account (age restricted in Emby)

Kodi via MediaImport

• Adult Account has access to all movies (as expected).
  • Kids Account has access to all movies, not an age restricted subset as would be expected.

Is this correct?

LongMan

TylerDurden_BS

I use separate libraries for all my stuff like this:

Movies - Parents - Movie / Movies - Kids - Movie

Series - Parents - Show / Series - Kids - Show

Emby User Parents have access do ALL libraries, Emby User Kids ONLY for Kids libraries.

In Emby User Kids Settings have access only to files with DE-6 /FSK-6 and I control Metadate and set it to for each Movie+Show.

Kodi with MediaImport Kids Account have access to ALL Files, no matter if Metadate is set to FSK-12.

Kodi with emby-next-gen will sync only with correct FSK Setting. 

LongMan

@TylerDurden_BS

I just test ran a test and the rating was honored except where there is no rating. I set my test user to see movies with rating PG-13 and below.

The movies that were synced were the same that showed in the web client. Movies with no rating was also synced but those were also shown in the web client. You should probably ask for Media with no rating to be included for R and above.

These are my choices while setting it up

New Kodi Profile

• Media info - Separate
  • Media Sources - Separate
  • Start with fresh Settings - Start Fresh
  • Start with fresh media sources - Start Fresh

Media Import

• When you enter Media Sources Item under Settings, credentials should be empty. Enter the credentials for the other user. TestUser (Other Profile) & Password
  • Add Import

Did you follow these steps?

Cheers,

LongMan

Edited by LongMan

TylerDurden_BS

Hello Longman,

first of all - in Web Client my Kids profile just see FSK 6 or below.

And yes I think that was my way after I am deinstal Kodi and reinstall it with MediaImport.

Maybe I deinstall it again and try it only with Kids profile. I give you the results.

Thanx Tyler

TylerDurden_BS

So deinstall and delete everything from Kodi, install it from scratch.

Use Only Kids Profile, all seems finde.

Ok deinstall it again, reinstall, 2 Profiles Parents and Kids just like in Emby, all seems fine.

Try in Settings from All to Choose (Kids Profile) - bingo, shows FSK-12 TV Shows. What's wrong ?
Hm, in my local network both Emby Users have a passwort, but don't need it....

Deinstall/Reinstall, both Profiles but now Connect the User with their password - bingo !

Now, and für today I finish my tests - all seems fine. Kids profil just see the correct librariers from emby and snyc it.

More tomorrow.

Thanx for your help !

TylerDurden

TylerDurden_BS

Hello Longman,

thanx for teh android builds.

I do several tests these days, but not all seems good (for me).

Parents profile is all fine, but Kids profile after initial Sync first of all no other sync ?

I put some TV Shows in my folders, in Webview there are visible, and the watches state from other shows are

displayed right but not on my test machine (Win10) with Media Import. Seems like in Settings  the credintals from me are writen 

in profile from my son. I post a picture, look in the upper right corner that's my son and in the settings is my name ?

Kodi-MediaImport-1.JPG

Montellese

@TylerDurden_BS thanks for your feedback. Are you using multiple profiles in the same Kodi database or are the Kodi databases separated? I have not tested media import with multiple profiles yet but there has already been a report that it doesn't work properly, see e.g. https://github.com/Montellese/xbmc/issues/59. Unfortunately I've never used multiple profiles before so I'm not even sure what the common use case is.