Audio Channels over limit?

densma

7.1 or more channels are being transcoded with transcode reason : Audio Channels over limit

is this limitation of emby? notice both DTS and DD

i'm using nvidia shield.

Hi.  With the exception of DD+ specifically, this would be a limitation of your audio system.  Do you have a 7.1 system connected?

• 3 weeks later...

This is DD+ 7.1 checking other audio  AAC, OPUS,DTS MASTER, DOLBY ATMOS works well. i guess not much support for DD+ 7.1? is this limitation of ffmpeg?

Hi.  With the exception of DD+ specifically, this would be a limitation of your audio system.  Do you have a 7.1 system connected?

Okay, your original post said DTS too.  The issue with DD+ 7.1 has supposedly been addressed by Google in their development branch but we have not tested it yet.  For now, that must be transcoded down.

yeah. sorry that was my misunderstanding. its just DD+ 7.1 only

Okay, your original post said DTS too.  The issue with DD+ 7.1 has supposedly been addressed by Google in their development branch but we have not tested it yet.  For now, that must be transcoded down.

I  tested this on Plex using same system and it works. so its not  Andriod limitation. same with subtitle issue reported  on the link below works well on Plex.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/67622-transparent-subtitle/

Hi.  As I said, it is an issue with the Google player we are using and they indicate they have addressed it in their development branch.

what deos that mean? when are we going to see update for this?

Hi.  As I said, it is an issue with the Google player we are using and they indicate they have addressed it in their development branch.

one of my user is able to play DD+8 with no transcoding.

using XBR-65A1E and AndroidTv 1.7.54g

I am using Nvidia shield with version 1.7.77g registered. Server is 4.4.0.10

Most likely in the next beta cycle of the app.

Sorry for confusion. i meant its not working for me using nvidia shield with version 1.7.77g. maybe i can try official version. i think my nvidia shield is using beta version.  i notice now only audio is transcoded which is better than video/audio being transcoded

That's great news, thanks !

one of my user is able to play DD+8 with no transcoding.

using XBR-65A1E and AndroidTv 1.7.54g

I am using Nvidia shield with version 1.7.77g registered. Server is 4.4.0.10

Correct.  This issue is specific to the Shield.

As I said, you aren't going to see any change in behavior until some time in the next beta cycle for the app.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

any update? was this included in the last update?

Correct.  This issue is specific to the Shield.

As I said, you aren't going to see any change in behavior until some time in the next beta cycle for the app.

Thanks.

This has not been included in our beta yet.  We don't typically bring in the development branch of the player.  I believe this is close to release by Google, however.

• 2 weeks later...