"Blu-ray" banner not showing on some ISO titles

mbguy

After I used the metadata manager to specify MVC in 3D Format dropdown menu, the Movie details shows '3D'

5e08804b524b4_3D.jpg

But as soon as I click on "Refresh Metadata > Search for Missing Metadata" then the '3D' tag and selection disappears.

As noted in first post, some iso titles don't even have 'MVC' specified in 3D Format dropdown, but the Blu-ray banner still appears correctly.

What is going on?

Edited by mbguy

Update: It looks like 'mvc' also needs to be in the file name for Emby to recognize it as 3D. Once this is added, first part of the issue is solved, now Emby recognizes these as 3D ISO movies correctly.

But the part about Blu-ray banner not showing still persists. Do I need to do a full library refresh to "trigger" Coverart plugin to get to work somehow or does individual title metadata refresh is good enough?

By the way, I am suspecting that the Specific Cover Selections settings may not be set correctly. Here are my settings:

1. Do I create as many Specific Selection as possible or do I pick only the one I want to be applied?

2.. What if an ISO file comes from a bluray discs, is Emby supposed to add Blu-ray or ISO banner? Is there a way to specify it?

5e0888420f776_Specificcovers.jpg

@@Luke All UHD and BD items with bdmv structure use BluRay cover. Will you add more options for CoverArt to distinguish between the two formats? Such as getting infomations from file name. Thanks.

Happy2Play

What is the likely cause for the following:

• some ISO movies show the correct "Blu-Ray" banner as defined in CovertArt plugin v4.1.80
  • some ISO movies are missing the "Blu-Ray" banner (problem)
  • all ISO movies are named following the 3D-Videos convention specified in wiki, ie. a '3D' tag is present and surrounded with a dot

What media info is shown for the item?

Happy2Play

@@Luke All UHD and BD items with bdmv structure use BluRay cover. Will you add more options for CoverArt to distinguish between the two formats? Such as getting infomations from file name. Thanks.

Not ideal but you can tag them.

ca-uhd

ca-blu-ray

What media info is shown for the item?

Alright, I am able to get '3D' media info to show up by editing the Metadata and checking Lock this item to prevent future changes so during the library scan Emby won't read whatever in xml files and lose the 3D tag.

But I am still having issue with missing ISO banner and mediainfo (eg. Sing). I already added ISO as one of the Specific Cover types so I don't know what I did wrong.

Right now only BDMV folders seem to work properly (eg. Pan), where it's mediainfo is displayed and the Blu-ray banner is on top.

What else can I do?

5e090234789b2_Covertarttrigger.jpg

Alright, I am able to get '3D' media info to show up by editing the Metadata and checking Lock this item to prevent future changes so during the library scan Emby won't read whatever in xml files and lose the 3D tag.

It would be better to switch to Nfo files so that you can avoid the drawbacks that come with locking the items.

Happy2Play

So is there media info at the bottom of the itemdetails page?  I don't understand the type mapping you are trying to do either, Why map same types together ISO to ISO?

So is there media info at the bottom of the itemdetails page?  I don't understand the type mapping you are trying to do either, Why map same types together ISO to ISO?

No the media info is not at the bottom of the ISO titles. Also their "ISO" banner is missing too.

I thought for ISO banner to show up, I need to specify ISO in "This Item Type" and "Should Use this cover". So are you saying that I need to remove all mapping if I want the default mapping to show up?

Happy2Play

No the media info is not at the bottom of the ISO titles. Also their "ISO" banner is missing too.

I thought for ISO banner to show up, I need to specify ISO in "This Item Type" and "Should Use this cover". So are you saying that I need to remove all mapping if I want the default mapping to show up?

Since there is no media info Emby is providing the proper blank banner.  Sure you can map ISO to Blu-Ray but not all iso files are Blu-Ray.  @@ebr would have comment on if there ever was a ISO banner header, I haven't seen on that I know of.

If Emby does not know the Media Info, your only option really is to tag the media with the banner you want.  I would have to test again if it still honors naming schemes.

ca-uhd

ca-blu-ray

Edited by Happy2Play

If Emby does not know the Media Info, your only option really is to tag the media with the banner you want.  I would have to test again if it still honors naming schemes.

ca-uhd

ca-blu-ray

Hi.  Those tags were created for this exact situation.  Have you tried them?

Happy2Play

Hi, where can i use these tags? Thanks.

Edit metadata on a movie and add one of those tags to Tags section.

Just to confirm that adding tags will not allow Emby to display media info on ISO files, will it?

Also, can someone confirm that there is No existing banner header for ISO, is there? If not, why not?

If ISO header is available, it would address the issue of not all ISO files are Blu-rays, and besides, I can finally tell which of my 3D titles are ISO, and which ones are Blu-ray folders. Can ISO header be added?

Just to confirm that adding tags will not allow Emby to display media info on ISO files, will it?

Correct.  Emby has no way of "seeing" inside of that ISO file.

Also, can someone confirm that there is No existing banner header for ISO, is there? If not, why not?

Because ISOs cannot be played by 95% of the apps/devices in use these days.  Our support for them is very limited so I would suggest looking into converting those to a modern file format (mkv, mp4, etc.).