Emby Theater on Qnap TS-453Be

fer1805

Hi There,

Emby Server has just been updated to latest version (4.3.1.0) on the QNAP. My issue is on the Emby Theater playing on the NAS. The version installed is " EmbyHT_3.0.8.0_x86_64.qpkg". The issue is, when a video is playing, as soon as a move the mouse cursor, the screen goes black, a few seconds later it shows the "pause, stop, FF" icons on the screen (still with black background), when I press the pause or stop button the app becomes unresponsive.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the server and the theater with no luck.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by fer1805

Hi, due to limitations with transparency features that's currently expected behavior when the video OSD is open. If we were to show the video, you would not be able to see the OSD.

We hope to improve this in future updates to the app. Thanks.

Thanks for the clarification on the limitation. What about  the issue that the application becomes unresponsive and not usable at all? 

I've not seen that, but we've released 3.0.10. I'll contact QNAP to see if they will release that update. Thanks.

Thank you, and could version 3.0.10 be downloaded from anywhere now that you have released it? Thanks.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42868-emby-theater-for-linux/

I don't know how you would manually install this on your QNAP though, so it's probably better to wait until an easy install package is available for 3.0.10.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42868-emby-theater-for-linux/

I don't know how you would manually install this on your QNAP though, so it's probably better to wait until an easy install package is available for 3.0.10.

Thanks for that. And I don't know how to install it. Hopefully you can get a response from QNAP when you ask them when it will be released.

Thanks in advance.