smartv lg subtitle problem

Vikh0

Hello good night friends of the forum, I am here because I am a new user of emby and I have a problem, before I used plex, but when I tried to watch subtitled movies, with the server mounted on my personal use pc, I transcoded and gave me buffering, for this motive stop using plex and try emby, and I liked it, much just that now I have a problem, which is that when I watch the movies I put the option to show subtitles and they do not appear or leave when they want, in the middle of the movie or at In the end, I have a powerful PC, for this type of work, and 100 mb of connection, mkv format and in 1080p quality use w10 pro, updated, I hope you can help me,

try to play the same movies on my pc and if it shows subtitles and I have a smartv Lg Webos 43lj5500 ;)  ;)
  ;)  ;)

Hi, can you please provide the full media info of the file you have issues with (from the bottom of the details screen on the server for that movie) and also attach the transcode or remux log file from the server if it exists. Thanks

The file (4) that you have attached is useful but it looks like it's for playback from another device.  Could you please try the playback again on the TV, then attach the log file for that session.  It will be the ffmpeg-transcode or ffmpeg-remux log file.  Thanks

• Like 1

The file (4) that you have attached is useful but it looks like it's for playback from another device.  Could you please try the playback again on the TV, then attach the log file for that session.  It will be the ffmpeg-transcode or ffmpeg-remux log file.  Thanks

Nuevo documento de texto (4).txt

From the log I can see you are trying to use PGS subtitles which will require a full transcode as these need to be applied by the server.

The transcode rate in this log shows it is way too slow for playback (<10fps).  What hardware/OS is the server running on?

From the log I can see you are trying to use PGS subtitles which will require a full transcode as these need to be applied by the server.

The transcode rate in this log shows it is way too slow for playback (<10fps).  What hardware/OS is the server running on?

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 with 16 GB of RAM and a 1070 of 8 GB of RAM with 100MB of Internet,

but acutalemten I have the problem is that it is with any subtitle either str, or any other, when I add them while the movie is running it does not put them, and if I add them before starting the movie, it does not start!

I have a Ryzen 5 1600 with 16 GB of RAM and a 1070 of 8 GB of RAM with 100MB of Internet

SamES

I'm not quite sure why the file is transcoding as it looks like you've selected the subrip file which should DirectPlay.  If subrip is what you have selected, I'm happy if you want to PM me a link to somewhere I can download the file for testing.

Can you tell me where this folder is located?  E:\Temp\transcoding-temp. Is that on the server, or is it a network share?

Make sure the transcoding temp file is a physical drive on the server.  If the media being transcoded and the transcoding-temp folder are both on network shares then you are generating a significant amount of unnecessary network traffic which might be causing you some issues.

Edited by SamES

I'm not quite sure why the file is transcoding as it looks like you've selected the subrip file which should DirectPlay.  If subrip is what you have selected, I'm happy if you want to PM me a link to somewhere I can download the file for testing.

Can you tell me where this folder is located?  E:\Temp\transcoding-temp. Is that on the server, or is it a network share?

Make sure the transcoding temp file is a physical drive on the server.  If the media being transcoded and the transcoding-temp folder are both on network shares then you are generating a significant amount of unnecessary network traffic which might be causing you some issues.

the path E: it is a hard disk of my drive, but it is not an ssd disk where w10 is installed and emby is of solid state, but I put all the temporary files that are created in another disk to avoid that its useful life is exhausted very Quick!

if you want I pass the link of the movies by private so try it, but when I play it on the pc, it works excellent

The path E: is a rigid disk of lower speed, since I have an ssd in which I have installed w10 and emby, and I add the temporary files on other disks, so as not to shorten the useful life of the ssd disk!

the path E: it is a hard disk of my drive, but it is not an ssd disk where w10 is installed and emby is of solid state, but I put all the temporary files that are created in another disk to avoid that its useful life is exhausted very Quick!

if you want I pass the link of the movies by private so try it, but when I play it on the pc, it works excellent

@@SamES

Nuevo documento de texto (4).txt

In case they are of any use to those who are trying to help me with the subject of subtitles, I try the reproduction of series by Dlna and it works perfect, it is not as nice to watch, as it is the normal emby reproach, but it works! show all subtitles

In case they are of any use to those who are trying to help me with the subject of subtitles, I try the reproduction of series by Dlna and it works perfect, it is not as nice to watch, as it is the normal emby reproach, but it works! show all subtitles

SamES

Something is definitely not quite right.  When I test this file, SUBRIP subtitles DirectPlay, and PGSSUB transcodes fine at 80fps.  This is how it should work.

Can you please try the following for me:

1. First, Enable Debug logging on the Logs setting page on the server
  2. Restart the server to get a fresh server log file
  3. On the TV, using the same file you sent me, can you select the SUBRIP subtitle from the details screen then start play from the beginning.  Don't select a chapter for playback as that will not use the selection from the details screen.  Once it starts, you can fast forward a few minutes to get to the subtitles section
    1. Please confirm whether these subs are working OK, and check if it is Transcoding or DirectPlay
  4. ​Again, from details screen, select the last PGSSUB subtitle and play from the beginning (don't resume or select a chapter). Fast forward if required once playback starts.
    1. Please confirm whether these subs are working OK.
  5. Stop all playback
  6. Disable the Debug logging

Please send me all the log files from the server for the tests above, including the server log, hardware_detection log and any ffmpeg logs.

Thanks

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1