Emby Won't Install - Error

hgvandy
Go to solution Solved by BKKK,

I have been running Emby on my TerraMaster with no issues and loving it for quite a few months. I updated to the latest TOS 4.1.15 and Emby is not showing up on my startup. I don't have an option to uninstall because I use the Applications app and go to installed, Emby doesn't show up. The Emby folder is still there on my drive. I try installing from the app and I am having no luck. I have attached the logs. Please help.

embyserver-63713064065.txt

embyserver.txt

Today, about 1 hour ago. My Emby was not loading before the update and I am not sure why. It has worked very well in the past. I was hoping the update would solve the problem.

Edited by hgvandy

I have tried rebooting multiple times. I am thinking of trying a fresh install with TOS and Emby. I also tried manually installing Emby and it gets stuck halfway. I am about out of ideas.

Hmm! this is a similar problem that I was/am in. TOS says there is an update available which I discover because emby has gone offline so I go to TOS desktop.

Update TOS which than tells me that an emby update is available. Try to update emby which than fails. As this the second time this as happened I have renamed the db file and start emby which now works. Currently re-scanning database which currently is at 87% (after 20hrs - last time it took 1 day 17hrs to finish)

So it seems when TOS gets a notification that a TOS update is available emby gets the sulks and goes offline  :(  Also emby has not got an update yet as it still on 4.3.0.30. 

So try renaming the db file and see if emby will start.

Thanks for the reply. I read your post and went in using the file manager to rename the library.db to library1.db. I tried logging in using Putty and I couldn't gain access to the server. I know I have the IP and port in correctly, but I have never used these programs and I am really dumb when it comes to Linux. I do have Emby installed, finally, but I am getting a bad gateway error every time I try and open Emby. I keep starting Emby, but it stops within a couple of seconds on its own.

I also tried resetting system configuration for TOS, but that did nothing to help the situation. I am officially stuck. At this point, I would like to do a fresh install of TOS and Emby and start from scratch. I have contacted TerraMaster to help me with this and waiting on their reply. Thanks for the help.

• 10 months later...

Great news. We now support the new TerraMaster package format. To learn more, please see here:

Thanks.