VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

guardian1691
42 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Synology user? The plugin has to be placed in "/var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var/plugins"

Yep.

Edit: Oh wait, I missed part of the path you posted. Let me try that.

Untitled.png

Edited by guardian1691

guardian1691

So I've got the plugin installed and have been testing it out, but is this only for people with Premier? I don't see where the channels are at in the main screen.

pünktchen
Just now, guardian1691 said:

So I've got the plugin installed and have been testing it out, but is this only for people with Premier? I don't see where the channels are at in the main screen.

I'm sorry. I wish it was different, but live tv what i'm misusing with the plugin, needs Premier.

guardian1691
12 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I'm sorry. I wish it was different, but live tv what i'm misusing with the plugin, needs Premier.

Ah that's unfortunate. Thanks for the help though!

itgreen9

I did create a library with just TV Show content... The folders did populate in the include folders field but the channel still does not populate when I add the folders in,

pünktchen
9 hours ago, itgreen9 said:

Mixed Content

But why haven't you chosen "MixedContent" then in the dropdown of the channel config?

8 hours ago, itgreen9 said:

I did create a library with just TV Show content... The folders did populate in the include folders field but the channel still does not populate when I add the folders in,

Have you refreshed the guide (Task)?

pünktchen
2 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

The drop down category only gives me TV Shows and Movies. And yes I did refresh the guide. 

Oh man, i see it in your logs. Why have you version 0.6.7 of the plugin? We are already at version 0.8.1

Please download the latest version from the starting post.

itgreen9

Ok so I downloaded the new verision and inserted the dll file. Now the plugin won't save the settings. I have rebooted, restarted, shutdown and readded the plugin... It's like the save button does not work at all.

pünktchen

Yeah, there where a lot of changes between those versions. You have to delete the old "VirtualTV.xml" file that is in the configurations subfolder of the plugins folder.

itgreen9

Ok, so I got the channel to load content. I see it in the Live TV section and there are shows... However, the channels only appear in the guide on the PC and android app, not the Roku app. The channel itself does appear on all 3 platforms. When I try to play the channel from anywhere it won't play. The Roku app tells me no streams available. The other platforms just have a never ending green circle.

pünktchen
6 hours ago, itgreen9 said:

Ok, so I got the channel to load content. I see it in the Live TV section and there are shows... However, the channels only appear in the guide on the PC and android app, not the Roku app. The channel itself does appear on all 3 platforms. When I try to play the channel from anywhere it won't play. The Roku app tells me no streams available. The other platforms just have a never ending green circle.

If the guide is populated in the web app, then it should be visible everywhere. That's out of my control.

For the playback problem i need logs again: embyserver, ffmpeg and virtualtv logs.

LongMan

@pünktchen,

I don't use the tv server section of Emby because there is no PVR addon for Kodi. I noticed that your plugin allows for the use of PVR Simple to get Virtual TV channels in to Kodi. Is it possible to extend the regular Emby TV Server's channels to this interface?

Edited by LongMan

LongMan

I am not sure why the entire post is linking to your profile and I could find a way to remove the link.

Apologies

LongMan

Edit: Fixed

Edited by LongMan

itgreen9
12 hours ago, pünktchen said:

If the guide is populated in the web app, then it should be visible everywhere. That's out of my control.

For the playback problem i need logs again: embyserver, ffmpeg and virtualtv logs.

Here you go... I don't have a VirtualTV log, and yes I did enable debug logging... Just in case you need to know. LOL.

ffmpeg-transcode-56f61cb6-b003-4f95-9d9c-171d024f9785_1.txt embyserver-63732009600.txt

pünktchen
2 hours ago, itgreen9 said:

Here you go... I don't have a VirtualTV log, and yes I did enable debug logging... Just in case you need to know. LOL.

ffmpeg-transcode-56f61cb6-b003-4f95-9d9c-171d024f9785_1.txt 441.68 kB · 0 downloads embyserver-63732009600.txt 12.57 MB · 0 downloads

Okay, you are new to Emby and i understand you want to try out things. But please, one after the other!

Don't do a guide refresh if you are still moving things around, while you are still scanning videos to your library. The plugin heavily relies on the database.

Your VirtualTV channel doesn't has any program, that's why you cannot play it. Just think about it. What should be played if there's no program?

itgreen9

Ok, the guide part I understand... That makes sense. The program part I guess that's where I'm lost. I am not sure what else I need to add in to create that program. I selected a user, a library folder. Most of my conditions are empty so that is does not exclude anything. Is there a field I am missing?

pünktchen
4 minutes ago, itgreen9 said:

Ok, the guide part I understand... That makes sense. The program part I guess that's where I'm lost. I am not sure what else I need to add in to create that program. I selected a user, a library folder. Most of my conditions are empty so that is does not exclude anything. Is there a field I am missing?

But one of the manual input fields for conditions has to be filled or you get nothing. That's why released after is prefilled with 1900.

If you only want to test if it's working at all, then set "Watched & Unwatched", sort by "Random (All)", released after 1900. So just use the defaults.

If then nothing is populated, then we really have a problem.

itgreen9

Those are the fields I have set... I only added Channel name, Logo, made channel prime time 19:00, user, content type, and folder. "Watched & Unwatched", sort by "Random (All)", released after 1900 were already set. When I look at the channel it says the shows should be playing and they are switching up like they would be if they were playing. It's just when I hit play all I get is the never ending green circle.

pünktchen

Forget the playback. We need programs in the guide first!

Maybe a simple test: Choose one random movie from your library, make sure the movie has a runtime and media info in the details screen. Edit the metadata of that movie and define a Tag like "tvtest". In the channel configuration of the plugin set "Channel Primetime" 10 minutes into the future, set "Watched & Unwatched", set sort program by "SortName Ascending", fill in "tvtest" into Tags, leave the other fields empty. Now refresh the guide and the movie should hopefully be populated.

itgreen9
44 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Forget the playback. We need programs in the guide first!

Maybe a simple test: Choose one random movie from your library, make sure the movie has a runtime and media info in the details screen. Edit the metadata of that movie and define a Tag like "tvtest". In the channel configuration of the plugin set "Channel Primetime" 10 minutes into the future, set "Watched & Unwatched", set sort program by "SortName Ascending", fill in "tvtest" into Tags, leave the other fields empty. Now refresh the guide and the movie should hopefully be populated.

Ok, so that worked... Which leads me to this question... Is there a maximum amount of files that can be used? I created an entirely new channel and put one item in it. The first channel has wayyyyy more than one file. 

pünktchen

There's no limit that i know of. I've created a test library of type "mixed content" with 1200 files and the default channel conditions. No problem here.

Either define some more usefull conditions and see if this works for you or i will create you a special build at the weekend that logs every single database query. Maybe then we can find the problem.

pünktchen
On 8/3/2020 at 3:54 PM, LongMan said:

@pünktchen,

I don't use the tv server section of Emby because there is no PVR addon for Kodi. I noticed that your plugin allows for the use of PVR Simple to get Virtual TV channels in to Kodi. Is it possible to extend the regular Emby TV Server's channels to this interface?

Maybe it is possible, but i have no time for this. Sorry!

@Luke promised us a live tv m3u export at beginning of this year. Where is it???