VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

akoenig

I ran the refresh guide and rebooted the Emby server for good measure. Should it be showing up as its own library entry under my media?

I went through plugin configuration, only doing 1 channel to start and made sure it was enabled, gave it a logo and only used one Genre to start. The refresh guide task seems to take around 6-7 minutes and seems to sit at 0% and then all the sudden completes.

pünktchen

I ran the refresh guide and rebooted the Emby server for good measure. Should it be showing up as its own library entry under my media?

I went through plugin configuration, only doing 1 channel to start and made sure it was enabled, gave it a logo and only used one Genre to start. The refresh guide task seems to take around 6-7 minutes and seems to sit at 0% and then all the sudden completes.

It should show up as a channel under Live TV. You need Emby Premier for this. But 6 minutes for refreshing the guide data doesn't sound right. How big is your library? Also please attach or pm me the server log after doing the guide refresh.

• 3 weeks later...
Stevendewith

loving this plug in.

I have been able to successfully get my channels to play on Kodi on my nvidia shield.

I haven't been able to get the guide to populate in Kodi though.

Has anyone had any luck getting the guide to  populate in Kodi?

pünktchen
loving this plug in.
I have been able to successfully get my channels to play on Kodi on my nvidia shield.
I haven't been able to get the guide to populate in Kodi though.

Has anyone had any luck getting the guide to  populate in Kodi?

Me, of course [emoji6]
Enable debug logging in Kodi, restart Kodi, wait a minute for the epg update and then close Kodi. After this pm me your Kodi log.

Stevendewith
13 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Me, of course emoji6.png
Enable debug logging in Kodi, restart Kodi, wait a minute for the epg update and then close Kodi. After this pm me your Kodi log.

I got it working last night  using importing directly with the links below into Kodi. I couldn't get it working when exporting the m3u and xml to a network folder but all good now.

Now I have my Futurama and Seinfeld channels all set up. Thanks for your hard work on this plugin.

m3u channel playlist:

http://{ip of your Emby server}:{port}/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?User={some unique identifier}

xmltv guide file:

http://{ip of your Emby server}:{port}/emby/VirtualTV/Guide

Of course replace the {...} with your own input.

Inx192

I have been trying to get this to work and not having much luck, i wonder if anyone can please help.

Unraid Running Emby Latest Build.
Plugin version 0.8.1

I have gone through the plugin config and setup just one Movie Channel (80's) and I have noticed it doesn't give me the option to choose a folder like in the first forum post.

The Channel shows in the guide with my logo but it never shows a movie.

501124550_Annotation2020-06-20223607.thumb.png.1869112b57cd8ad4161380f52acd3a1b.png5e0676e988f39_4conditionchannels.thumb.png.0c63ade5faa49013381dde8d4b9a44d9.png

Stevendewith
1 hour ago, Inx192 said:

I have been trying to get this to work and not having much luck, i wonder if anyone can please help.

Unraid Running Emby Latest Build.
Plugin version 0.8.1

I have gone through the plugin config and setup just one Movie Channel (80's) and I have noticed it doesn't give me the option to choose a folder like in the first forum post.

The Channel shows in the guide with my logo but it never shows a movie.

501124550_Annotation2020-06-20223607.thumb.png.1869112b57cd8ad4161380f52acd3a1b.png5e0676e988f39_4conditionchannels.thumb.png.0c63ade5faa49013381dde8d4b9a44d9.png

For me it only doesnt show folders to choose when i havent selected a emby user first

pünktchen
For me it only doesnt show folders to choose when i havent selected a emby user first
This and one have to enter an API key first.

pünktchen
Emby user is selected and have checked the api is entered and correct.
And you have at least one time saved the config after entering API key? Also make sure that the chosen user has access rights to your Emby libraries.

Inx192
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:
10 hours ago, Inx192 said:
Emby user is selected and have checked the api is entered and correct.

And you have at least one time saved the config after entering API key? Also make sure that the chosen user has access rights to your Emby libraries.

I removed the  plugin again, and deleted the config file. Started again, entered api, saved it, refreshed server and still no option. The Emby user selected is the admin account so that should have access to Emby libraries correct?

pünktchen
The Emby user selected is the admin account so that should have access to Emby libraries correct?
By default yes, but not necessarily. Anyway, enable the debug logging in the plugin and save it. Then reselect the user for your channel and pm me the embyserver log after this. Also look at the browser console for any errors (Ctrl+Shift+I in Chrome).

CyberPoison

@pünktchen I have some issues putting work my subtlitles i guess they are in SRT the Burn-In subtlites option is checked how can i turn on the subtilles downloaded by bazarr ?

pünktchen
21 minutes ago, CyberPoison said:

@pünktchen I have some issues putting work my subtlitles i guess they are in SRT the Burn-In subtlites option is checked how can i turn on the subtilles downloaded by bazarr ?

It depends on the subtitle settings of the user that you've chosen for your channels:

image.thumb.png.fe20ac43006be73db88a085a3c606e5d.png

If you look at one of your movies or tv episodes where you think the subtitles should be burned in, does the external subtitle show up as default?

image.png.1cc65a30660df5f5d3c755df0ce4c730.png

ankurmay1988

Can somebody help ? @Luke

I have over 500 english movies in my library, stored on portable hard drive. 4K streaming from Emby to 65" TV works flawlessly. So, you see i have no trouble using Emby normally.

Now, i have installed this plugin on top, configured it and ran the Guide Refresh, All ok and my library media is picked. Guide is created and when i go to play the one and only channel that i created. The video starts but stops after 2-3 seconds, it just hangs. Although, the audio, i can still hear !

This happens to each and every movie. So, i dont think its media related, when running that movie from emby it has no issues.

Please help.

image.thumb.png.aa6236548259f500c0e289ae24503ed8.pngimage.thumb.png.fa326000ac7a9a32989c001176890c06.pngimage.thumb.png.b2a07420ed72e3b29b6b46852e30ee96.png

Edited by ankurmay1988

MainMonkey

I downloaded The 0.8.1 version and restarted my server.

I then went and created an api key and inserted it into the plugin, but when I click save nothing happens.

It doesn't save the key or anything. I have tried 3 times to no avail.

-update-

I have checked the directory where the config file is suppose to be saved and I see the xml files for all the other plugins but not this one. If I go back to an older version would it still work with the most recent version of Emby?

-Update-

I had to go back to version 0.7.0 to be able to save settings.

I can create Channels and they populate, but when i try to watch said channels all i get is the rotating circle like it is loading or something and nothing else happens.

Edited by MainMonkey
More Details of the problem.

pünktchen

@ankurmay1988 @MainMonkey

I've taken a look in my crystal ball, but it's not very clear. Enable the debug logging in the plugin, reproduce the problem and attach or send me the embyserver, virtualtv and ffmpeg log if there is any. Also no support for older versions.

• Like 1

pünktchen
2 hours ago, MainMonkey said:

um, I tried to do that but am not sure where the file is suppose to be to give you. <embarrassed>

Just have a look at your dashboard:

image.png.614d9d02b502be6365337df355037918.png

ankurmay1988
On 6/23/2020 at 8:58 AM, ankurmay1988 said:

Can somebody help ? @Luke

I have over 500 english movies in my library, stored on portable hard drive. 4K streaming from Emby to 65" TV works flawlessly. So, you see i have no trouble using Emby normally.

Now, i have installed this plugin on top, configured it and ran the Guide Refresh, All ok and my library media is picked. Guide is created and when i go to play the one and only channel that i created. The video starts but stops after 2-3 seconds, it just hangs. Although, the audio, i can still hear !

This happens to each and every movie. So, i dont think its media related, when running that movie from emby it has no issues.

Please help.

I disabled "Allow Export of Channel" and now it is working fine.

Great Plugin !!! You should finalize this at submit to the catalog, it is worthy let me tell you sir. :)

Although, I am having problems with subtitles at the moment. I have all the SRT subtitles downloaded for each movie but when VirtualTV plays them, none are displayed ? Is this a known issue? i mean i do have configuration for them in emby.

pünktchen
Although, I am having problems with subtitles at the moment. I have all the SRT subtitles downloaded for each movie but when VirtualTV plays them, none are displayed ? Is this a known issue? i mean i do have configuration for them in emby.

Please have a look at post https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80828-VirtualTV-plugin&do=findComment&comment=895070

It's the one above your post three days ago.

Dizzy49

I'm giving this a try and I have a few thoughts:

'Include Library Folders' does not work.  I have separate TV Series and Anime, and with the subtitle issues I want to exclude Anime... Actually I'd like to have Anime as it's own channel once it's figured out.

Release Date... For TV is that the series date or the episode data?  Ideally I'd like to have a channel with new (unwatched) shows.  So do I set that to 2019, or 2020?

Rating would be nice so we could easily create a kid friendly movie channel

Possible to have Genres as a multi select dropdown?  I don't know if things are Sci-Fi, SciFi, Science Fiction, etc.  I know know if 'Action' will pick up 'Action & Adventure', etc.  At least a help popup or something to explain better.

Do the channels look at each other to make sure the same things aren't playing?  Ie I create Genre channels for movies, but movies have multiple Genres so I don't want to have one movie appearing in 4 channels on the same day or something.

Music channels would be nice.  Just display the cover art or video in the folder.  Perfect example... During Xmas my wife puts on a YouTube channel that is like 6 hours of Xmas songs, and the video is just a fire.

Dizzy49
7 minutes ago, Dizzy49 said:

'Include Library Folders' does not work.  I have separate TV Series and Anime, and with the subtitle issues I want to exclude Anime... Actually I'd like to have Anime as it's own channel once it's figured out.

I figured this out.  You have to select a user. for it to populate.  I noticed that if I selected the Library Folders on one channel, then on another, it removed the selections for the previous channels.  So you have to add on one channel, save, then move to the next channel.