VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

PuffyToesToo

When watching a channel with mixed resolutions, the channel keeps the resolution of the first video (apparently?). Is there any work around for this? Thanks!

Dibbes
6 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Ah the test version. It has to be Drama && !Christmas

so this should be correct then: Fantasy||Science Fiction && !Christmas or should this be Fantasy||Science Fiction||!Christmas

Edited by Dibbes

PuffyToesToo
10 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Disable resolution switching in the app 😉

Thank you pünktchen, I'll give that a go.  Would I find this in Emby itself or the plugin? Sorry to ask but I'm not familiar with this setting for some reason.

Edited by PuffyToesToo

pünktchen
5 hours ago, Dibbes said:

so this should be correct then: Fantasy||Science Fiction && !Christmas or should this be Fantasy||Science Fiction||!Christmas

(Fantasy || Science Fiction) && !Christmas

• Thanks 1

pünktchen
53 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Thank you pünktchen, I'll give that a go.  Would I find this in Emby itself or the plugin? Sorry to ask but I'm not familiar with this setting for some reason.

It's a client app playback setting.

• Thanks 1

Dibbes
19 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

(Fantasy || Science Fiction) && !Christmas

I retract my statement of a few days back that I understood the way of setting up genre filtering... sorry

Psyborg

@pünktchen Would it be possible to add "Country" as another channel condition? I think this is the only criterion I really miss, besides the mentioned things that are are in the pipeline already.  

PuffyToesToo
12 hours ago, pünktchen said:

It's a client app playback setting.

Thanks for the advice pünktchen, I'm guessing it's not an available setting on Roku as I haven't found anything remotely similar to that in its settings. :(

MischievousMet

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to have a separate scheduled task to create the M3U and XML instead of it being tied to the Refresh Guide Data schedule? It's no big deal if not.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, MischievousMet said:

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to have a separate scheduled task to create the M3U and XML instead of it being tied to the Refresh Guide Data schedule? It's no big deal if not.

I don't understand. The export possibility is already a separate task, but of course you have to refresh the guide first or you won't get new data.

MischievousMet
On 8/31/2020 at 2:05 AM, pünktchen said:

I don't understand. The export possibility is already a separate task, but of course you have to refresh the guide first or you won't get new data.

The guide for my IPTV goes for 24 hours, but they do update it throughout the day. To have an up-to-date guide, I would like to refresh 2 times in a day. So I was curious if there was a way to separate the generation of the channels outside of the Guide Refresh so the custom channels don't get overwritten.

Maybe giving the XML and M3U it's own selection under Scheduled Tasks and an option to disable the creation through a Guide Refresh.

If not, it's no big deal. I can live without it. I was just something I'd see was a possibility. Build out custom channels for several days while still updating my guide a couple of times a day would just be the cherry on top.

pünktchen

So basically you just want to "suspend" the creation of VirtualTV guide data within the guide refresh task.

If you tell me how that "option" should look and work from the users standpoint, then maybe. Currently i have no idea what should trigger new guide data and what should prevent it.

Edited by pünktchen

MischievousMet
4 hours ago, pünktchen said:

So basically you just want to "suspend" the creation of VirtualTV guide data within the guide refresh task.

If you tell me how that "option" should look and work from the users standpoint, then maybe. Currently i have no idea what should trigger new guide data and what should prevent it.

I guess what I'm wondering is if you could add the XML and M3U creation to Scheduled Tasks with an option to disable Refresh Guide channel creation? That's kind of what I was thinking. Those with an IPTV that gives 24 hours of XML data could update regularly during the day while keeping their custom channels unaffected.

image.png.f983b2920b57f91f91903e5474a42b5c.png.bf25954c15c62e9a3a94f852f6b57586.png 

pünktchen

The xml is really only an export of the program data that is already in the database. I do not create the data in any way with the export task or api.

I understand your problem, but obviously you do not understand what the export does. So what about my suggested option? Will this help?

MischievousMet
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

The xml is really only an export of the program data that is already in the database. I do not create the data in any way with the export task or api.

I understand your problem, but obviously you do not understand what the export does. So what about my suggested option? Will this help?

Ah, I did not know that. I think your solution would probably help.

pünktchen

New version 0.8.5 in the starting post:

General:

• fixed  a bug with Emby user names that have special characters when getting user folders
  • fixed an exception at Guide Refresh with empty bumpers folder
  • create transcoding folder if missing

Export web API:

• added option to convert lossless audio to AC3 (default on)
  • added option to choose program image format (default thumb, otherwise poster)
  • changed playback stop method that recognizes client disconnects while streaming

Channels:

• support "Season" less folder structures for tv shows
  • support of conditional logical operators for Genres and Tags condition
  • cache database query results to speed up Guide Refresh times
  • added global option to supend the creation of new program data while doing a Guide Refresh

Playback:

• Moved global "Single Playback" option to channel specific option

...and a little bonus 😊

Sorry, for this version you have to delete any existing VirtualTV.xml configuration file!

Edit: I had to remove the new version from the start post because of a very small but annoying bug. Will re-upload it within 24 hours.

Edited by pünktchen
  • Thanks 4

Works perfect so far and the extra channels is a nice bonus, thank you!
The only issue i am having which was there from before is in TV i have genres showing in channels they shouldn't do.

I have cleaned up all genres and for example I still have some reality shows like 'Ax men' showing up in documentaries, i have checked over and over and 'Ax Men' has no trace of documentary in the metadata. I have also rebuilt everything from scratch a few time too.

Adding !reality to the genre has fixed it though.

Edit: I Just checked my Documentary Genre channel and it is showing 'An Idiot Abroad' and 'Outback Opal Hunters' on it and I cleaned them shows to have a genre only of 'Reality'.

Edit Again:

I have found my issue, it has nothing to do with the plugin. I cleaned the show metadata up so the show only has one genre of preference but the nfo of each video in that series has not been changed, I now need to work out how to clean each nfo file somehow.

Edited by Inx192