VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

itgreen9
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

There's no limit that i know of. I've created a test library of type "mixed content" with 1200 files and the default channel conditions. No problem here.

Either define some more usefull conditions and see if this works for you or i will create you a special build at the weekend that logs every single database query. Maybe then we can find the problem.

I don't think that is necessary. I really think it is a issue with the amount of files. I have more than 36000 files in this one and it seems to do a little more everyday... What would be helpful is a way to choose the subfolders in the "include library folders". My library is so massive that it is going to take awhile to tag each item that I would want in a particular channel...

Thank you for taking the time to help me. I really do appreciate it. 

PuffyToesToo

I wanted to ask if you could think about adding a minimum/maximum 'running time' per file as a condition? Thank you.

LongMan

@pünktchen

Thanks for responding. I can understand, I see that you are quite active around the forums helping and contributing where you can, so there are no hard feelings. Maybe you work could be a foundation for the m3u export envisioned by by @Luke

Edited by LongMan

anacozero

Running into some issues when I try to use a library that has nfs as its shared network folders. Is there a workaround for this issue, or something i need to adjust?

emby-server log

2020-08-13 22:11:08.643 Info LiveTvManager: Opening channel stream from VirtualTV, external channel Id: VirtualTV0
2020-08-13 22:11:09.660 Info VirtualTV Plugin: FFmpegDirectStream > -nostdin -threads 1 -y -probesize 100M -analyzeduration 100M -copyts -ss 69 -i "nfs://10.0.0.100:/storage/TVShows/Bob's Burgers/Season2/Bob's Burgers.S02E02.Bob Day Afternoon.mkv" -map 0:V? -map 0:a? -map 0:s? -ignore_unknown -c copy -copyinkf "/storage/downloads/transcoding/transcoding-temp/VirtualTV0_20200813221108.mkv"
2020-08-13 22:11:09.660 Info VirtualTV Plugin: FFmpegDirectStream > CopiedFile: /storage/downloads/transcoding/transcoding-temp/VirtualTV0_20200813221108.mkv, StartOffset: 1 minutes

ffmpeg-VirtualTV0 log

ffmpeg version 4.3.0-emby_2020_05_23 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
  built with gcc 8.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.24.0)
Execution Date: 2020-08-13 22:11:09
nfs://10.0.0.100:/storage/TVShows/Bob's Burgers/Season2/Bob's Burgers.S02E02.Bob Day Afternoon.mkv: Protocol not found
Did you mean file:nfs://10.0.0.100:/storage/TVShows/Bob's Burgers/Season2/Bob's Burgers.S02E02.Bob Day Afternoon.mkv?

Any ability to use SMB instead?

Have you checked to make sure the Emby user has proper access?

pünktchen
nfs://10.0.0.100:/

This doesn't look right to me. It probably comes from the network path substitution of your library settings.

PuffyToesToo

Could someone offer me some advice please? The plugin keeps throwing a 400 error, and none of the streams will play.  Everything plays fine outside the plugin, and I can copy the link to the stream and it will play fine in VLC. Uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin (including rebuilding channels and re-scanning library and refreshing the guide). It builds the guide, but nothing plays.

This is the ffmpeg virtual tv log.

ffmpeg version 4.3.0-emby_2020_05_23-g8f222573e9+530 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC 
built with gcc 9.2.0 (Rev2, Built by MSYS2 project) 
Execution Date: 2020-08-17 10:26:17 
[http @ 00000297e532afc0] HTTP error 400 Bad Request 
[concat @ 00000297e531e680] Impossible to open 'http://127.0.0.1:8096/emby/Videos/662439/stream.ts?StartTimeTicks=9569883514&Copytimestamps=false&VideoCodec=copy&AudioCodec=ac3&AudioStreamIndex=1&MediaSourceId=678342a10e4e290a78bafd227d100826&PlaySessionId=235b7b4379414b0fb526ffcc7951132b&api_key=be31de6cca45484d96dccbb399cefabe ' 
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\transcoding-temp\VirtualTV1_20200817102616.txt: Server returned 400 Bad Request

pünktchen

I've asked an other user who also had the "400 Bad Request" error. So let's hope he remembers the solution.

PuffyToesToo

OK, thank you. Very peculiar as it only started about 4-5 days ago.  Let me know if any logs are of help.

PuffyToesToo

Is anyone else seeing the transcoding-temp folder delete? On both my and my BFs systems (separate Emby servers) , the plug-in (or Emby?) deletes this folder resulting in a message about "No streams available for playback". So to see if we were on the right track, we were able to play files through Emby that require transcoding, and Emby would recreate this folder, but the Virtual TV plugin does not recreate it when it is missing. This resulted in the error mentioned. When we manually recreate this folder, the streams begin working again. @Luke, in there a maintenance process that deletes this folder?

I thought this might be useful information for others, and for pünktchen to know. 

• Thanks 2

pünktchen

Interesting info! I'll make a check in the plugin then and create the folder if necessary.

• Like 1

MischievousMet

This is amazing! The one thing I would love to have as an option would be having the ability to change how many days it plans for each channel. Right now refreshing guide data is roughly 15 minutes per channel. I'm currently using 6 channels with plans for more, but it currently takes two hours so I'm hesitant to do so.  It wouldn't be a big deal, but my IPTV provider released more than 24 hours in their XML.

pünktchen
9 hours ago, MischievousMet said:

This is amazing! The one thing I would love to have as an option would be having the ability to change how many days it plans for each channel. Right now refreshing guide data is roughly 15 minutes per channel. I'm currently using 6 channels with plans for more, but it currently takes two hours so I'm hesitant to do so.  It wouldn't be a big deal, but my IPTV provider released more than 24 hours in their XML.

15 Minutes per channel is really a lot! May i ask you how many items are in your library?

In the DVR section of the dashboard you can set how many days of guide data is grabbed by Emby. Lower it and see if it makes a difference.

MischievousMet
41 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

15 Minutes per channel is really a lot! May i ask you how many items are in your library?

In the DVR section of the dashboard you can set how many days of guide data is grabbed by Emby. Lower it and see if it makes a difference.

I didn't know about the guide data in the DVR section. Thanks. I updated that to grab only one day.

I'm closing in on 5,000 movies and I have 703 shows with almost 45,000 episodes.

I've been doing some tests. 20 channels with only movies took about 30 seconds total. Using one channel with one TV show took about 20 minutes. Putting more TV shows didn't seem to have a change in time. At least not enough to matter. It still took around 20 minutes. Creating another channel with TV shows increased the time15-20 minutes. Adding a movie channel to the TV show channels didn't seem to add any time.

All of the testing was done with Emby grabbing only 1 day of guide data.

pünktchen

Oh yes, those 45000 episodes...

I have to think about if there's a way to optimize the database queries. Currently it is what is. If you like to help me i would provide you some custom builds to better understand when the time gets lost.

MischievousMet
3 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Oh yes, those 45000 episodes...

I have to think about if there's a way to optimize the database queries. Currently it is what is. If you like to help me i would provide you some custom builds to better understand when the time gets lost.

I'm always ready to help.

AboveUnrefined

Hello! Thanks for this awesome plugin! So far I've been beating it up creating a few channels for my son and using my Roku TV as a client -- this is what seems to be working best for me now:

image.thumb.png.4fdf27911df13a51fd44689e9e512c46.png

If I don't use the `EmbyDirectPlay (Beta)` mode, it tends to get stuck on the "Loading" screen on my TV when content change, so I've changed it to this and also deselected the `Allow Export of this Channel` setting for each of the channels and it works. Is there some other bad behavior I'd expect to see while using this or should I keep using this moving along?

I've also noticed while testing that between the 1500 or so different TV episodes for what I'm working with the randomness doesn't seem too hot - I've seen a few episodes that I've seen before pop up a few times. Might have just been pure chance, but in between 2 different sessions out of the about 15 different attempts I've done with different settings I've seen 2 of the same episodes come through in one of the sessions.

Another thing that's been a pain is that when I refresh the guide to apply my changes, it's been taking around 20 or so minutes to complete the process. I have a couple other devices I'm using with my set up (an HDHomeRun PRIME and a HDHomeRun Quattro) -- I'm hoping I don't need to keep rerunning this anymore and that the settings I've applied will keep working, but it's made it a bit difficult to try and test everything with.

I figured to toss this feedback in since what you've cooked up is a brilliant idea and exactly what I've been looking to do for a little while now, so thanks for the work you've done!

Running on Linux Mint if that matters. Added a tag of HB to a couple of TV Series, and cannot seem to get any items to pop into the guide. I have the *All Conditions Have To Be True checked in hopes it would only pull the TV Shows that have the HB tag obviously. All other conditions are blank. If I uncheck the *All Conditions Have To Be True items pull in but pulls in but obviously from every directory from that library folder. Any thoughts, any log info I can provide please let me know. I have tried multiple conditions to include the Studio and the Tag but to no avail. I'm dying to get this rolling. Loved Pseudotv, can't wait for this. Thanks punktchen 

Tags.JPG

Tags2.JPG

pünktchen
8 hours ago, AboveUnrefined said:

If I don't use the `EmbyDirectPlay (Beta)` mode, it tends to get stuck on the "Loading" screen on my TV when content change, so I've changed it to this and also deselected the `Allow Export of this Channel` setting for each of the channels and it works. Is there some other bad behavior I'd expect to see while using this or should I keep using this moving along?

"EmbyDirectPlay (Beta)" is that really what you want? Because it starts the playback always at the beginning of a show instead of the "current" time. I also wanted to remove this option in the next update. Doesn't the "FFmpegDirectPlay" work for you? The "Loading" problem when the content changes could be because of "h265" for the video codec in continous playback mode. But i'm not sure about this. Could also be a problem specific to Roku.

The "Export" isn't needed if you only use Emby client apps.

I've also noticed while testing that between the 1500 or so different TV episodes for what I'm working with the randomness doesn't seem too hot - I've seen a few episodes that I've seen before pop up a few times. Might have just been pure chance, but in between 2 different sessions out of the about 15 different attempts I've done with different settings I've seen 2 of the same episodes come through in one of the sessions.

I'm also not very happy with the randomizer method i'm currently using. Will try something different with the next update.

Another thing that's been a pain is that when I refresh the guide to apply my changes, it's been taking around 20 or so minutes to complete the process.

Will be fixed with next update.

pünktchen
7 hours ago, jli said:

Running on Linux Mint if that matters. Added a tag of HB to a couple of TV Series, and cannot seem to get any items to pop into the guide. I have the *All Conditions Have To Be True checked in hopes it would only pull the TV Shows that have the HB tag obviously. All other conditions are blank. If I uncheck the *All Conditions Have To Be True items pull in but pulls in but obviously from every directory from that library folder. Any thoughts, any log info I can provide please let me know. I have tried multiple conditions to include the Studio and the Tag but to no avail. I'm dying to get this rolling. Loved Pseudotv, can't wait for this. Thanks punktchen 

I'm guessing here: You don't have physical "Season" folders for your tv shows? That's a current limitation of the plugin.

AboveUnrefined

"EmbyDirectPlay (Beta)" is that really what you want?

I thought I did but I don't think I want it anymore since I just found out I still hit the "Loading" screen while on the Roku just now. I'm going to flip it back to the FFmpegDirectPlay way and try the h264 again - I might have already tried with this but it's been hard to keep track with what I've been trying given the long time it's taking to refresh the guide so it's good to hear that you've been coming up with another way to go about that.

You're probably right with it being something with the Roku. I might have to just cave in and get an Amazon stick since I've been hitting some other problems outside from this with the Roku. Would be nice to not have to have another device but if it'll mean not having more Roku issues it might be worth it.

AboveUnrefined
5 hours ago, pünktchen said:

You don't have to refresh the guide when changing playback settings.

That's good to know moving forward. I think I'm dealing with some funk in the way the Roku TV works with some sort of caching. I went ahead and made the changes to be using h264 and FFmpegDirectPlay and initially it did the "Loading" behavior after the first program ended - but I just played the virtual channel again and now it's played through about 7 different random episodes without getting stuck. Hopefully that'll be good moving forward but I'll just have to keep letting it play through to find out.

Update: I just had a good 2 hour run jumping between different episodes without a problem, but then hit the "Loading" screen again. Hit back, played the channel again and at the end of that show it hit "Loading" again. I'm not sure how I can go about trying to determine what the best setting would be to adjust with to try and get something stable going.

Edited by AboveUnrefined

11 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I'm guessing here You don't have physical "Season" folders for your tv shows? That's a current limitation of the plugin.

Bing bang bong :) Same settings work flawlessly with the movies so I am with ya. I'll keep a look out for updates, love the work seriously thanks!