VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

I got mine running and its been awesome. One suggestion I might make is to add the ability to select a "starting season" for ordered group channels. The main reason being when you remove a channel and bring it back, it starts back at the first seasons. It would be nice to be able to make them all start in their 2nd season if available or even a randomized STARTING point and then it goes in order from there.

To start at a specific season set Tags at the season levels instead of the series level.

imatroublemaker

To start at a specific season set Tags at the season levels instead of the series level.

Very good idea. thank ya sir!

imatroublemaker

Should I disable the LIVE TV Refresh task that runs every 24 hours? The Ordered Series are restarting every day. 

How far out does VirtualTV build its schedule? 

pünktchen

Should I disable the LIVE TV Refresh task that runs every 24 hours? The Ordered Series are restarting every day.

If you don't watch them/mark them watched with the record button, of course they restart with every guide refresh. What else should happen?

How far out does VirtualTV build its schedule?

Depends on the outcome of your channel conditions. 14 days at max.

imatroublemaker

If you don't watch them/mark them watched with the record button, of course they restart with every guide refresh. What else should happen?

Depends on the outcome of your channel conditions. 14 days at max.

Makes sense. I was under the impression that it was ongoing regardless of watched status. IE It starts with s1e1 of various shows, and then picks up where it left off when the guide is refreshed. 

Totally my mistake. thanks! 

pünktchen

New version 0.8.0 in the starting post:

Export web API:

• secured all api access points
  • added optional parameter "IsRemote" that writes the WAN adress instead of the LAN adress to channel and program image urls
  • added optional parameter "MaxBitrate" that forces transcoding for everything above the limit
  • write actors, director, rating and star rating to xmltv file
  • support for catchup tv in Kodi Matrix (allows playback from the start and also seeking for current and past programs)
  • better handling of playback stop for clients

Channels:

• support for mixed content (libraries) - only use this if really necessary, because it doubles the database queries
  • use artist images independently of folder structure of music videos
  • do not set music videos as episodes for guide data

Playback:

• General:
    • Multiversion videos - prefer 2D over 3D -> SDR over HDR -> Videocodec from settings over other
  • Single Playback mode:
    • removed "Emby DirectStream" options
    • always use the original video container for the intermediate ffmpeg file if possible
    • support for external subtitles (only one external subtitle will be embedded into mkv; depending on the Emby user settings)
  • Continous Playback mode
    • removed mpeg4 video codec option
    • removed eac3 audio codec option
    • removed mkv container option
    • fixed mp4 container
    • removed internal framerate limiter (not needed anymore)
    • removed resolution pre-condition (not needed anymore)
    • less transcoding and better playback experience in general
    • added option to burn-in subtitles (only internal picture based or external text based subtitles supported)
Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 3

wmilun

New version 0.8.0 in the starting post:

Export web API:

• secured all api access points
  • added optional parameter "IsRemote" that writes the WAN adress instead of the LAN adress to channel and program image urls
  • added optional parameter "MaxBitrate" that forces transcoding for everything above the limit
  • write actors, director, rating and star rating to xmltv file
  • support for catchup tv in Kodi Matrix (allows playback from the start and also seeking for current and past programs)
  • better handling of playback stop for clients

Channels:

• support for mixed content (libraries) - only use this if really necessary, because it doubles the database queries
  • use artist images independently of folder structure of music videos
  • do not set music videos as episodes for guide data

Playback:

• General:
    • Multiversion videos - prefer 2D over 3D -> SDR over HDR -> Videocodec from settings over other
  • Single Playback mode:
    • removed "Emby DirectStream" options
    • always use the original video container for the intermediate ffmpeg file if possible
    • support for external subtitles (only one external subtitle will be embedded into mkv; depending on the Emby user settings)
  • Continous Playback mode
    • removed mpeg4 video codec option
    • removed eac3 audio codec option
    • removed mkv container option
    • fixed mp4 container
    • removed internal framerate limiter (not needed anymore)
    • removed resolution pre-condition (not needed anymore)
    • less transcoding and better playback experience in general
    • added option to burn-in subtitles (only internal picture based or external text based subtitles supported)

@@wmilun obviously the mono framework is missing a basic method that is called by a function i'm using. I'm working on it.

Hello. I am very interested in using VirtualTV plugin for my Emby server running in a jail on my FreeNAS server. I am able to configure a channel for Single Playback, to the points where it shows up on the guide with a schedule, but when I attempt to play the "channel" it sits there loading infinitely (As shown in screenshot). I have attached the error in the emby log.

2020-04-13 22:51:42.423 Info LiveTvManager: Opening channel stream from VirtualTV, external channel Id: VirtualTV0
2020-04-13 22:51:42.424 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.3.1.0
	Command line: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.exe -os freebsd -ffmpeg /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/bin/ffprobe -programdata /var/db/emby-server -updatepackage emby-server-freebsd_{version}_amd64.txz -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Unix 11.3.7.0
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	User Interactive: False
	Mono: 5.10.1.57 (5.10.1.57 Thu Apr  9 02:10:25 UTC 2020)
	Runtime: file:///usr/local/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Program data path: /var/db/emby-server
	Application directory: /usr/local/lib/emby-server/system
	System.MissingMethodException: System.MissingMethodException: void System.Net.ServicePointManager.CloseConnectionGroups(string)
	  at System.Net.Http.HttpMessageHandler.Dispose () [0x00000] in <27bbdd4ceaf04a95b172ee502d76a725>:0 
	  at System.Net.Http.HttpMessageInvoker.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x0001e] in <27bbdd4ceaf04a95b172ee502d76a725>:0 
	  at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.Dispose (System.Boolean disposing) [0x0002c] in <27bbdd4ceaf04a95b172ee502d76a725>:0 
	  at System.Net.Http.HttpMessageInvoker.Dispose () [0x00000] in <27bbdd4ceaf04a95b172ee502d76a725>:0 
	  at VirtualTV.Services.StreamingService+<RequestPlaybackInfo>d__20.MoveNext () [0x00271] in <8db711ee08a24d649ee7e80e93d46ca9>:0 
	Source: System.Net.Http
	TargetSite: Void Dispose()

Config: attachicon.gifM342ImDlSS.png

Stuck Loading: attachicon.gifAnnotation 2020-04-13 231017.png

The update fixed this problem. Thank you so much for your commitment @@pünktchen . This is a great plugin for watching things with my friends from around the world.

imatroublemaker

I haven't tried it yet in fear of screwing up my channels, but how do the mixed channels distribute currently? Is it even or totally random? If its even I might be able to use this function to implement bumpers and commercial blocks. 

pünktchen

New version 0.8.1 in the starting post:

Support for bumpers (fixed at 3 videos) between every channel program in Continous Playback mode.

Edited by pünktchen

imatroublemaker

New version 0.8.1 in the starting post:

Support for bumpers (fixed at 3 videos) between every channel program in Continous Playback mode.

Holy crap. You rock man. Thanks so much! 

Dibbes

I hope to be able to play around with this over the next week or two! Looking good!

You almost ready to remove the 20 channel limit?  ;)

pünktchen

Nearly. It looks like there's no progress with the smart playlist plugin. So only two channel conditions left on my side: duration and parental rating. And then...

Dibbes

Nearly. It looks like there's no progress with the smart playlist plugin. So only two channel conditions left on my side: duration and parental rating. And then...

Yayyyy!!!

Also, the SmartPlaylist plugin is VERY heavy on the database, especially when the database over larger than a at least a GB... I'm not using it anymore...

Edited by Dibbes

imatroublemaker

There isn't enough praise man. Everything is working brilliantly and the commercials update is GREATLY appreciated. 

I think the last few ideas I have to add to it would be:

1) Corner Logos (Bugs) - Again, this is a feature coming from PseudoTV that I always loved was being able to put bugs in the corner. This can be done in ffmpeg, so it should be possible but might be a pain to keep it consistent with all the different resolutions. A total novelty, so I don't see it as a priority. 

2) Only Refresh One Channel - I don't think this one is even possible, simply because of the way LiveTV works on Emby. My current channel refresh averages at over an hour, which is understandable with how far out the guide goes, but it would be great to be able to refresh just the one channel I made changes to.

By the way, I am a graphic designer by trade, so if you ever need some help with this project in that department, let me know. I'm more than down to help with all you do for it. 

oldschool

Any way to add a collection as a Library Folder? Would also like to see sub-folders available in that box - I have TV shows in one large library, but it would be really cool to be able to add a TV station that only showed "Friends" or something like that. Maybe even select multiple folders so I could get an Animation TV channel and select the animation folders without having to resort to tags. Just an idea.

Love your work so far!! Thanks for this!!

imatroublemaker

It’s very easy to use tags to achieve this though. That’s how I do it

Seconded. Tag system works great! 

• 2 weeks later...
Protektor

Is there a GitHub for this plugin to look at the source and make our own changes to the plugin?

akoenig

Might be a silly question but I've never gotten into the live tv stuff, is there any way to get this plugin to work without having a device to set up live tv first?

Sammy

Might be a silly question but I've never gotten into the live tv stuff, is there any way to get this plugin to work without having a device to set up live tv first?

AFAIK, it creates its own guide data here:

post-110-0-24805100-1590675213_thumb.jpg

wmilun

Refresh guide is what you need to run. The export option is not meant for what you’re trying to do.