VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

I've installed 0.7 and nothing is working in the plugin.

Virtual TV shows installed under plugins.

Will not save the API.

Will not provide any options under "Emby User", "Channel Content Type" etc.

I have unblocked the .dll as suggested and tried renaming the .xml. Neither worked.

Restarted server after each change.

Previous version worked fine with no problems.

Is there something I'm missing?

embyserver.txt

Dibbes

Will not save the API.

I have unblocked the .dll as suggested and tried renaming the .xml. Neither worked.

attachicon.gifembyserver.txt

Can you move or remove the .XML, restart the server, run the recheck guide job in scheduled tasks and see what it does then?

pünktchen

This is killing my SSD's though... next to the fact that when there are 4 users running different streams, it runs out of space...

SSD's are cheap nowadays  :lol:  Seriously, i know about the problem, but there's nothing i can do.

• Like 1

Will not save the API.

attachicon.gifembyserver.txt

I had the same problem, had to physically move the VirtualTV.xml out of the config folder, then it would recreate it.(renaming didn't work)

After comparing, Turns out the 

<SortOption>Random (All)</SortOption>

was missing, added that to all my channels and then it would load my original xml file.

• Like 1

I had the same problem, had to physically move the VirtualTV.xml out of the config folder, then it would recreate it.(renaming didn't work)

was missing, added that to all my channels and then it would load my original xml file.

This is what worked.

Clearing the browser cache did nothing.

I had to remove the VirtualTV.xml out of the config folder(renaming didn't work for me either).

<SortOption>Random (All)</SortOption> is now in the file also.

• Like 1

Dibbes

@@ameetb2000 @@jachin99

can you rename the .xml file, restart the server and see if you can at least add a channel then?

EDIT: 

In the old .xml file the the folder entries were entered twice. For example:

<string>\\nas\Animation\</string>
        <string>\\nas\Films_1900-1969</string>
        <string>\\nas\Spanish Movies</string>
        <string>\\nas\Animation\</string>
        <string>\\nas\Films_1900-1969</string>
        <string>\\nas\Spanish Movies</string>

If this is the case, you can remove the duplicates

Also it seems the tag for the sorting has changed from:

<SortOption>Random</SortOption>

to 

when I manually updated this in the .xml for all channels, it loaded properly

This is what worked.

Clearing the browser cache did nothing.

I had to remove the VirtualTV.xml out of the config folder(renaming didn't work for me either).

<SortOption>Random (All)</SortOption> is now in the file also.

@@pünktchen Is this something you can add to the first post for troubleshooting purposes? It's happened a few times now... 

Edited by Dibbes

jachin99

I changed my primetime setting so thanks for that.  I also tested the channel export by adding the exported data to the kodi simple iptv client as suggested on those forums.  I can select the virtual tv channel from my channels list and it plays fine but I can't get it to populate in my guide.  I have tried changing the channel number in the IPTV client but had no luck.  Also when I watch the channel in kodi, I get judge jerry as the program name.  It looks to me like kodi is just grabbing the guide data from the first channel in my guide and applying that to my channel guide.  Is there something obvious I am missing?  Everything in the simple client configuration screen is set to local path.  

pünktchen

I changed my primetime setting so thanks for that.  I also tested the channel export by adding the exported data to the kodi simple iptv client as suggested on those forums.  I can select the virtual tv channel from my channels list and it plays fine but I can't get it to populate in my guide.  I have tried changing the channel number in the IPTV client but had no luck.  Also when I watch the channel in kodi, I get judge jerry as the program name.  It looks to me like kodi is just grabbing the guide data from the first channel in my guide and applying that to my channel guide.  Is there something obvious I am missing?  Everything in the simple client configuration screen is set to local path.  

You have to clear Kodi's live tv data in the pvr settings if the imported channel names or numbers have changed. Also i suggest you to not cache the live tv data in Kodi.

Changing channel numbers in Kodi doesn't work reliable, it's better to do this in the backend. I use two pvr addons at the same time in Kodi. In one of those addons there's a already channel number #14, so i've created a virtual channel in my plugin with the number #14.1.

This way i get nice custom sorting.

If you do not want to export emby's guide data to a local place, you can also directly import it in Kodi's IPTV Simple pvr addon via http links.

m3u channel playlist:

http://{ip of your Emby server}:{port}/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?User={some unique identifier}

xmltv guide file:

http://{ip of your Emby server}:{port}/emby/VirtualTV/Guide

Of course replace the {...} with your own input.

Dibbes

Something that I guess wasn't thought of: multi-version. I had it a few times that I got a 3D-SBS movie playing on a tablet... maybe a way to exclude those from a channel would help a lot...

pünktchen

Excluding 3D movies is doable, but other than that i see no way to determine the default item for multi-version videos. Whatever movie was the first library item is the default video.

Dibbes

Excluding 3D movies is doable, but other than that i see no way to determine the default item for multi-version videos. Whatever movie was the first library item is the default video.

maybe filter 3D, SD, 720p, 1080p and 4k... but yes, I see the issue with Director's Cut, Extended Cut, etc. etc.

Dibbes

I've been playing with live tv a little over the last week and the standard M3U channels are mixing with the channels from your plugin... Do you think your plugin could get a separate library entry, like the IPTV plugin or something, so that the channels won't mix up anymore?

pünktchen

But then you get no guide view and that's the whole purpose of my plugin. It should act as a replacement for or as a addition to real live tv channels. What your asking for are smart playlists.

Dibbes

I would like to have smart playlists, but no, that was not what I meant.

Basically I was wondering if there was a way to get a second "Live-TV" library item for just this plugin with guide and everything... Called "Pseudo TV" or something @@softworkz

Edited by Dibbes

pünktchen

No that's not possible, because a plugin cannot define its own layout. Only Emby's standard library layout can be used. This is not Kodi [emoji6]

• Like 1

Dibbes

I'm curious: How do you expect the "grouping" to work in detail?

The basic version similar to the way the Tune-in plugin with works, but then configurable, so being able to add channels to that group. So let's say you have 40 US channels, 30 Canadian channels, 15 Music video channels and this plug-in. You can create a group or collection of these channels named "US TV", "Canadian TV", "Music TV" and "Virtual TV". When clicking on the folder/group/collection you only get to see these channels the way those are now presented in the channels tab.

An (much) extended version would be the above, but instead of seeing the channels in this group, you get a scrollable guide per group...

Every user should be able to setup their own folders with their own channels.

Have a read through this: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/39637-live-tv-channel-groups/ though I guess you're already aware of this thread...

Edited by Dibbes

Spaceboy

I'm curious: How do you expect the "grouping" to work in detail?

personally i see two options that emby should pursue.

1 - the filter functionality that WMC had. off to the left of the guide you could access a list of filters by program types, sport, news movies etc. and the guide would be filtered to those channels which had something on within that one category in the immediate future

2 - what i think people are really asking for here is using the jump to the place in the guide where the next category starts. these categories are in iptv subs by default, can be applied by xteve or could be manually configured in emby as per dibbes post above. generally channels 1-100 are general, 100-200 are movies, 200-300 are sport, 300-400 are news etc. selecting the group for sport would immediately jump you to channel 200 in the guide.