VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

Dibbes

Didn't you find something new in your testversion yet [emoji6]

Hmmm... I tried this with a channel I setup for  documentaries, but I don't see any difference... What exactly is it supposed to do?

pünktchen

I did not say that it's working already. I justed wanted to say "things are moving forward in the background".

• Like 1

Dibbes

I did not say that it's working already. I justed wanted to say "things are moving forward in the background".

I never said things weren't... I was just wondering that if this is "taking a break", what will a productive period look like? LoL 

• Like 1

Dibbes

@@pünktchen for some reason I'm starting to lose content in the guide... I have 2 channels now that show <No Programme Data Available>. As far as I know nothing has changed for these channels...

Dibbes

That's the reason i think. I'll try to finish this until the weekend.

No stress... I'm out for the rest of the week and doubt I'll have a lot of time for it anyway

Ive started testing this again. I would much rather continue using my Kodi/Emby for Kodi setup so Ive been playing with the export function and setting up the guide within Kodi. The issue Im having is that the exported channel and guide data uses the local host IP address (127.0.0.1). Problem there is that on my Android TV setup over my local network it can't see the local host machine via that IP. It needs to be a real, local address. 

Would it be possible to change the output to have the actual local IP address of the server instead of the Local Host addresss? 

If I go in and edit the XML files to the actual local address (192.168.0.4) all works fine over my network.

I would think this would only be helpful to many and not negatively affect anyone? 

Thanks

PS. The issue Ive been having with instances of FFMPEG still running after exiting or changing a channel seems to resolve itself as long as I exit a program using the stop playback button in Kodi and then let it sit for a couple seconds. If I rush to start another stream or quit Kodi too quickly then that FFMPEG stream that is sucking up all my CPU cycles never goes away.

I just tried the same thing by saving the export to google drive and then loading the m3u into PVR for Live Channels. That didn't work either.

Okay,, here's another one I've been wanting to check out but haven't had the time with rebuilding my Emby Server and then my network infrastructure.. I'm still interested but feel I'll be lost.. Are the instructions in the first post still valid?

Spaceboy

Okay,, here's another one I've been wanting to check out but haven't had the time with rebuilding my Emby Server and then my network infrastructure.. I'm still interested but feel I'll be lost.. Are the instructions in the first post still valid?

yep, it’s really straightforward

Dibbes

That's the reason i think. I'll try to finish this until the weekend.

No stress... I'm out for the rest of the week and doubt I'll have a lot of time for it anyway

@@pünktchen Let me know if you need any more testing...  Over the next few days I have more time to play with this...

pünktchen

New version 0.7.0 in the starting post:

Optimized some database queries.

Changed method of recognizing local ip adress for the Export method

Added program sort options to each channel.

Added support for music videos.

• Like 3

ameetb2000

I dumped the .dll file in the plugins folder then restarted my Emby server but for some reason the plugin is not showing up in my plugins

jachin99

I dumped the .dll file in the plugins folder then restarted my Emby server but for some reason the plugin is not showing up in my plugins

Did you right click, select properties, and make sure its not blocked.  There should be a check box in the bottom right corner of the properties window that says unblock. 

jachin99

This one isn't going as smoothly as I had hoped.  My virtual tv.xml file is populated and I can change it with a text editor but none of the values are shown in the server setup pages for virtual TV.  I'm happy to see things like music videos being added, and I'm excited that maybe you will add mixed content libraries once things are running smoothly.  

When I try to populate my channel info in the server setup page, I'm not seeing any options for some of the fields for my channels like user, or folders.  It looks like I can't populate any of the boxes under allow export of this channel.  

Edited by jachin99

Dibbes

@@ameetb2000 @@jachin99

This one isn't going as smoothly as I had hoped.  My virtual tv.xml file is populated and I can change it with a text editor but none of the values are shown in the server setup pages for virtual TV.  I'm happy to see things like music videos being added, and I'm excited that maybe you will add mixed content libraries once things are running smoothly.  

When I try to populate my channel info in the server setup page, I'm not seeing any options for some of the fields for my channels like user, or folders.  It looks like I can't populate any of the boxes under allow export of this channel.  

can you rename the .xml file, restart the server and see if you can at least add a channel then?

EDIT: 

In the old .xml file the the folder entries were entered twice. For example:

<string>\\nas\Animation\</string>
        <string>\\nas\Films_1900-1969</string>
        <string>\\nas\Spanish Movies</string>
        <string>\\nas\Animation\</string>
        <string>\\nas\Films_1900-1969</string>
        <string>\\nas\Spanish Movies</string>

If this is the case, you can remove the duplicates

Also it seems the tag for the sorting has changed from:

<SortOption>Random</SortOption>

to 

<SortOption>Random (All)</SortOption>

when I manually updated this in the .xml for all channels, it loaded properly

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

pünktchen

can you rename the .xml file, restart the server and see if you can at least add a channel then?

Yes, this should work. Changing options in the html template often break the xml.

pünktchen

... I'm excited that maybe you will add mixed content libraries once things are running smoothly.  

This will be next. What do you think will be the best approach for random items, always interleave one movie with one tv episode?

Dibbes

Yes, this should work. Changing options in the html template often break the xml.

By the way, the channels that stopped working last week, are now back with the 0.70 version... good work! I'm playing around with the music video option at the moment, but I'm having some issues with the continuous playback... That may be on my side though... stay tuned for feedback  ;)

EDIT: On the web-client it works fine, on the Shield not so much... The playback stops after 12 seconds when on continuous playback. 

Here's the settings-part of the .xml

<SinglePlayback>FFmpegDirectStream</SinglePlayback>
  <VideoContainer>mkv</VideoContainer>
  <VideoCodec>h264</VideoCodec>
  <VideoResolution>Full HD</VideoResolution>
  <VideoFramerate>24</VideoFramerate>
  <VideoBitrate>100</VideoBitrate>
  <AudioCodec>aac</AudioCodec>
  <ContinousPlaybackItemLimit>10</ContinousPlaybackItemLimit>
  <FFmpegDelay>2000</FFmpegDelay>
  <FFmpegProbeSize>100</FFmpegProbeSize>
  <FFmpegAnalyzeDuration>100</FFmpegAnalyzeDuration>
  <FFmpegReadAtNativeFramerate>false</FFmpegReadAtNativeFramerate>

Not sure if I should change anything there.

Edited by Dibbes