VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

Oh, great!  :D  :D  :D

Because this is a "work in progress" version it's up to if you want to use it already in your production system.

Dibbes

Oh, great!  :D  :D  :D

Because this is a "work in progress" version it's up to if you want to use it already in your production system.

I'm just letting it sit there and use it... let's see what the family says

I don't have a separate test system, at least not with the same specs...

pünktchen

The plugin doesn't collect any user stats  ;) , but when i look at the download number of the different versions in the start post, it's always around 15.

Unfortunately not really that much. Maybe it gets a little bit more attention when it is in the plugin catalogue. And an official blog post at this time would be great, but for sure at first @@Luke will get the playback bulletproof.

• Like 1

aspdend

@@pünktchen Any idea of how many people are using the plugin, as it only seems likes @@Dibbes, and sometimes me, are providing any feedback?

I'm using it, but been very busy lately so not even had time to set up all the channels and give it a proper run...I will feedback when I can

• Like 2

jachin99

I'm using it also but I don't use any emby clients. Trying to get the channel exported into my Kodi pvr is on my to-do list.

• Like 1

Scott D

@@pünktchen Any idea of how many people are using the plugin, as it only seems likes @@Dibbes, and sometimes me, are providing any feedback?

I've been using the plugin as well.  Only running into minor issues after playing with settings.  Only a few channels, but working well so far.

New version 0.6.0 in my starting post.

Adds a global option to automatically mark items as "watched" if playback stops within five minutes before or at the end of the show.

It also has a new select box in the channel conditions to choose between watched, unwatched or both.

And finally support for tvshows! Please clear your browser cache, re-evaluate the plugin settings and save them once again.

The way it works now, it is best suited for documentaries, cartoons and sitcoms. Everything where the story line doesn't really matter. But that's up to you guys.

With selection include watched only or watched & unwatched, all episodes that fulfill the conditions are just randomized. With unwatched items only, up to three episodes of a random series are presented in their correct order.

I didn't test every combination of every condition, so hopefully all is working well. If not i will try to fix reported bugs.

But i need a little break, so don't expect any new features or the like in the next four weeks.

I haven't posted anything in regard to the minor issues in respect for the "need a little break" comment above.

• Like 2

I also want to give this a try as it sounds a very nice feature for Emby but time doesn't let me right now.

• Like 1

hstamas

Im was using it actively when it first came out but I ran into some issues with FFMPEG not quiting the transcoding session after I stopped playback or switched channels. It was bogging down my system so I had to get rid of it for the time being to keep from not having any TV to watch at all as I have completely cut the cord and use Emby exclusively for viewing.

I plan to get back to it eventually and will send some logs if/when it happens again.

Was also in no big rush as punktchen was looking for a break.

• Like 1

Dibbes

Was also in no big rush as punktchen was looking for a break.

@@pünktchen yes, how did that work out? Had a nice break and are the 4 weeks over yet? LoL

Edited by Dibbes
  • Like 1

pünktchen

@@pünktchen yes, how did that work out? Had a nice break and are the 4 weeks over yet? LoL

Didn't you find something new in your testversion yet [emoji6]

Dibbes

Should we all use this, or is that just for @@Dibbes to test?

I'm honoured... 

It was just for Dibbes, but also had an other unfinished feature.

I haven't done anything with the "Sort Program" yet... the kids are home and that means no time for experimentation until they're off to bed... haha

• Like 1

Dibbes

by the way, not sure if this was happening earlier as I only noticed today, but now, on FFMpegdirectstream and continuous play is not selected, it doesn't start a new program after finishing the last... it seems like it's starting, even gives me a search bar and all, but the screen stays black. When going back and starting again from the guide screen, it plays properly...

Edited by Dibbes

Spaceboy

I’ve been updating most versions but I’ve not said anything cos it’s all working well for me. Hoping to see more function in future but all is good

• Like 2

hstamas

Ive started testing this again. I would much rather continue using my Kodi/Emby for Kodi setup so Ive been playing with the export function and setting up the guide within Kodi. The issue Im having is that the exported channel and guide data uses the local host IP address (127.0.0.1). Problem there is that on my Android TV setup over my local network it can't see the local host machine via that IP. It needs to be a real, local address. 

Would it be possible to change the output to have the actual local IP address of the server instead of the Local Host addresss? 

If I go in and edit the XML files to the actual local address (192.168.0.4) all works fine over my network.

I would think this would only be helpful to many and not negatively affect anyone? 

Thanks

PS. The issue Ive been having with instances of FFMPEG still running after exiting or changing a channel seems to resolve itself as long as I exit a program using the stop playback button in Kodi and then let it sit for a couple seconds. If I rush to start another stream or quit Kodi too quickly then that FFMPEG stream that is sucking up all my CPU cycles never goes away.

Edited by hstamas
  • Like 1

pünktchen

by the way, not sure if this was happening earlier as I only noticed today, but now, on FFMpegdirectstream and continuous play is not selected, it doesn't start a new program after finishing the last... it seems like it's starting, even gives me a search bar and all, but the screen stays black. When going back and starting again from the guide screen, it plays properly...

Without continous playback it should never start a new program on its own. At least not yet. What you see is probably an unwanted side effect of Luke's changes to the beta server.
  • Like 1

pünktchen

Would it be possible to change the output to have the actual local IP address of the server instead of the Local Host addresss?

I already try to detect the local IP, but maybe the method i use doesn't work on a MAC. I will look for some alternatives.

Dibbes

I already try to detect the local IP, but maybe the method i use doesn't work on a MAC. I will look for some alternatives.

Looks like this is the behaviour on a Windows machine as well, actually

hstamas

That would be great if you could. If I can get this up and running properly it would save me from having to edit the xml files every day when the guide data refreshes.

hstamas

Another thing I am noticing playing with this in Kodi, and I dont think logs will help as Emby doesn't recognize that media is playing, at lest the dashboard isn't showing anything?

If I start a stream, most of the time I get 2 occurrences of FFMPEG running. One is utilizing maybe 2% CPU and the other is utilizing 150%.

If I kill the 150% instance, video playback is not affected. Once I kill the 1% process, video stalls (as expected).

Any idea what might be going on here? Obviously if I can get it so that 150% occurrence doesn't happen then my system would be much happier.

hstamas

I have everything with

Which playback mode?

I have everything within the plugin set for continuous playback, a necessity in my house - which I know if my biggest hurdle with my setup of a 2012 Mac mini as a server.

Is the Kodi stream influenced by these settings though? I assumed it was pulling and streaming the content on its own and not involving Emby at all?

Edited by hstamas

pünktchen

No, it's similar to watching live tv in an Emby app with the difference i grab the Emby stream and redirect it to Kodi.

Edit: the 150% cpu load is for sure because the video source is h.265 that is transcoded to h.264

Edited by pünktchen