VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

CBers

Open this in a browser and post the response: http://127.0.0.1:1234/emby/Items/4132302/PlaybackInfo?UserId=2&api_key={pasteyour api key here}

{"MediaSources":[{"Protocol":"File","Id":"8b556c629c525f762d7ff8264be35083","Path":"\\\\MediaServer-4\\Videos\\Movies\\Hotel Mumbai (2019)\\Hotel Mumbai (2018).mkv","Type":"Default","Container":"mkv","Size":36181760249,"Name":"Hotel Mumbai (2018)","IsRemote":false,"RunTimeTicks":73729070000,"SupportsTranscoding":true,"SupportsDirectStream":true,"SupportsDirectPlay":true,"IsInfiniteStream":false,"RequiresOpening":false,"RequiresClosing":false,"RequiresLooping":false,"SupportsProbing":false,"MediaStreams":[{"Codec":"h264","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1001/48000","Title":"English","VideoRange":"SDR","DisplayTitle":"1080p H264","DisplayLanguage":"English","NalLengthSize":"4","IsInterlaced":false,"IsAVC":true,"BitRate":39259152,"BitDepth":8,"RefFrames":1,"IsDefault":true,"IsForced":false,"Height":1080,"Width":1920,"AverageFrameRate":23.976025,"RealFrameRate":23.976025,"Profile":"High","Type":"Video","AspectRatio":"16:9","Index":0,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Protocol":"File","PixelFormat":"yuv420p","Level":41,"IsAnamorphic":false},{"Codec":"dts","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"1/48000","Title":"English","DisplayTitle":"English DTS 5.1","DisplayLanguage":"English","IsInterlaced":false,"ChannelLayout":"5.1","BitDepth":24,"Channels":6,"SampleRate":48000,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Profile":"DTS-HD MA","Type":"Audio","Index":1,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Protocol":"File"},{"Codec":"PGSSUB","Language":"eng","TimeBase":"1/1000","CodecTimeBase":"0/1","Title":"English (SDH)","DisplayTitle":"English (PGSSUB)","DisplayLanguage":"English","IsInterlaced":false,"IsDefault":false,"IsForced":false,"Type":"Subtitle","Index":2,"IsExternal":false,"IsTextSubtitleStream":false,"SupportsExternalStream":false,"Protocol":"File"}],"Formats":[],"Bitrate":39259152,"RequiredHttpHeaders":{},"ReadAtNativeFramerate":false,"DefaultAudioStreamIndex":1,"DefaultSubtitleStreamIndex":-1}],"PlaySessionId":"7cb470bad4734e4ca5aec95643fe83a1"}

Blame Emby! I'm just saying i want a direct stream copy of your video file and Emby does whatever it wants.

Perhaps @@ebr can assist, seeing as it's the Android TV app I'm using for playback.

Edited by CBers

CBers

OK, I killed off the Emby app on the Shield and restarted and now I can play my TV channel, but the Movies channel still is "Unable to tune to channel".

Submitted in-app logs (user=Master) for @@ebr to look at.

pünktchen

OK, I killed off the Emby app on the Shield and restarted and now I can play my TV channel, but the Movies channel still is "Unable to tune to channel".

Submitted in-app logs (user=Master) for @@ebr to look at.

Does your movie channel play in a browser?

CBers

Does your movie channel play in a browser?

It played. OK earlier in the ATV app, but then wouldn't subsequently.

Just tried on my server in a browser and just get a spinning circle.

pünktchen

It played. OK earlier in the ATV app, but then wouldn't subsequently.

Just tried on my server in a browser and just get a spinning circle.

And you get the same error in your log?

CBers

I'll have a look and get back to you.

Might be tomorrow though.

Dibbes

Looks like beta 4.4.0.6 broke the plugin... I now get no compatible streams available, no matter which stream I choose...

CBers

I'll have a look and get back to you.

Might be tomorrow though.

Sorry @@pünktchen, but I haven't had any time to test this further and provide logs.

Hopefully at the weekend.

Dibbes

Ahhh... I skipped 4.4.0.5... :-)

By the way, I know you need a rest for a bit, but is there any chance that after your rest an option for music videos could be looked at? I really wouldn't mind my own MTV like it was in the 90s... (or ViVa, since you seem to be German... LoL)

• Like 3

CBers

By the way, I know you need a rest for a bit, but is there any chance that after your rest an option for music videos could be looked at? I really wouldn't mind my own MTV like it was in the 90s... (or ViVa, since you seem to be German... LoL)

I would imagine @@Spaceboy, @@PenkethBoy and @@maegibbons would like that idea as well.

• Like 2

PenkethBoy

Yes a MV option would be good - when you have time

Also Home Videos would be nice as well :)

Edited by PenkethBoy

pünktchen

VIVA forever [emoji6]

This should be doable.

• Like 1

Jdiesel

Just wanted to report back and say that my previous issue has been resolved. I didn't quite understand the export function which appeared to be the root of my issue. Since I didn't need to export anything removing my path from the field seemed to have solved my problem.

Just wanted to say how great it is to have this plugin. I have been dying for a way to randomly select content for years now and it seemed like there was zero interest to implement it into the core Emby. Is there a way to donate to your project? I want to support anyone who is adding new practical features to Emby to ensure they stay interested and possibly atyract new developers.

pünktchen

Thanks for your kind words. Maybe i place a donate button when i push the plugin to the official catalogue.

• Like 6

Dibbes

Thanks for your kind words. Maybe i place a donate button when i push the plugin to the official catalogue.

TimeLord and themesong plugins have something like that, a register function or something I think... I'm buying you a few beers though when there's a chance :-)

Edited by Dibbes

Spaceboy

i can gift you one month of vip on Tapatalk but I’d also like to show appreciation in a more acceptable format [emoji23]
  • Like 1

shorty1483

@@pünktchen Any chance of expanding the amount of channels to 20? I would try series, but I have too much genres in movies that reserve all of the 10 current ones :D :D :D

And did you get any feedback by Luke for a better integration with ffmpeg/Emby stream options?

Edited by shorty1483

WilhelmStroker

I just set this up, seriously cool, great job! Had to disable continuous play and transcoding as my Roku didn't want to start playback with those settings but it's working fine now. Need to find some channel logos now...

Dibbes

I just set this up, seriously cool, great job! Had to disable continuous play and transcoding as my Roku didn't want to start playback with those settings but it's working fine now. Need to find some channel logos now...

Channel logos that were passed on to me by @@shorty1483 which I'm shamelessly abusing: https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Logos

• Like 4

hstamas

Boy do I experience a lot of “unable to tune to this channel” error messages. I will be watching a program. Hit the guide to switch to another channel, then if I go back to the first channel which was playing just fine 5 minutes earlier, it now gives me this error.

anyone else?

WilhelmStroker

I reconfigured this and now I can't get any channel to start. Roku throws me 2 errors below. Have tried updating the guide several times already.

No streams were provided for playback.

There was an error reading the file, please try again.

and the emby log shows the following error:

2020-01-09 08:59:20.432 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.3.1.0
Command line: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 8
Program data path: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata
Application directory: C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system
System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
   at System.Linq.ThrowHelper.ThrowNoMatchException()
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
   at VirtualTV.Services.StreamingService.EmbyDirectStream(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String channelId)
   at VirtualTV.Services.StreamingService.GetLiveTvStream(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String channelId, String streamId)
   at VirtualTV.VirtualLiveTvService.GetChannelStream(String channelId, String streamId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannelStream(String id, String mediaSourceId, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.OpenMediaSource(String openToken, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStreamInternal(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.OpenLiveStream(LiveStreamRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.OpenMediaSource(OpenMediaSource request)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.MediaInfoService.Post(OpenMediaSource request)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Linq
TargetSite: Void ThrowNoMatchException()

pünktchen

Thanks for your report. I'm not quite sure but i think this will be solved with the next release in about 12 hours.

• Like 2