VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

mellowmustard

For some reason I am unable to get playlist (live) to work. Continuous works but i find my content doesnt hold the same aspect ratio so it doesnt really like continuous mode, but thats neither here nor there....Id rather get Playlist mode to work.

When I put it on playlist mode and select it, it goes to a black screen for 30 seconds then drops back to home.

ONLY think i have found in the logs was

/var/lib/emby/metadata/library/00/00e6b1ff67d0cfb65ba8825631fe1b94/backdrop.png

so....i donno.

Anyhelp would be amazing. Thanks!

pünktchen

You could start with: What device and client? Local or remote connection? Full log?

Nevertheless, try to "Play on ..." something from a browser session on your server device to the device where the virtual channels don't work. If that also fails and you have configured a web proxy, make sure that it allows websockets.

mellowmustard

OK i have it running in a debian container in proxmox it was unable to play on chrome.

I do have a web proxy and it does have allow websockets.

2022-06-18 20:42:34.515 Info Server: http/1.1 Response 204 to host1. Time: 1ms. http://emby_remote_ip/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress?X-Emby-Client=Emby Web&X-Emby-Device-Name=Google Chrome Windows&X-Emby-Device-Id=TW96aWxsYS81LjAgKFdpbmRvd3MgTlQgMTAuMDsgV2luNjQ7IHg2NCkgQXBwbGVXZWJLaXQvNTM3LjM2IChLSFRNTCwgbGlrZSBHZWNrbykgQ2hyb21lLzc&X-Emby-Client-Version=4.7.2.0&reqformat=json
2022-06-18 20:42:39.547 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.7.2.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.15.30-2-pve (build@proxmox) (gcc (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2) #1 SMP PVE 5.15.30-3 (Fri
	Framework: .NET 6.0.2
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.IO.FileNotFoundException: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file '/var/lib/emby/metadata/library/00/00e6b1ff67d0cfb65ba8825631fe1b94/backdrop.png'.
	File name: '/var/lib/emby/metadata/library/00/00e6b1ff67d0cfb65ba8825631fe1b94/backdrop.png'
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.GetSKFileStream(String path)
	   at Emby.Drawing.Skia.SkiaEncoder.EncodeImage(String inputPath, String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Nullable`1 orientation, Int32 quality, ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Drawing.Skia
	TargetSite: SkiaSharp.SKFileStream GetSKFileStream(System.String)
	Path: /var/lib/emby/metadata/library/00/00e6b1ff67d0cfb65ba8825631fe1b94/backdrop.png

pünktchen
12 hours ago, mellowmustard said:

OK i have it running in a debian container in proxmox it was unable to play on chrome.

Chrome in the debian container or elsewhere? LAN or WAN? Full log? Have you tried the test that i suggested?

mellowmustard

So, as you can see Im not great at this. @pünktchen sorry bout that.

Emby is running in a debian container in Proxmox
I tried to use playlist mode in chrome on my windows 10 desktop. did not work.

used firefox to stream to my cellphone (samsung z fold). it worked.
Tried playing in firefox (windows 10) and it works.

It seems to dislike chrome and emby theater.

I use a containerd ngnix proxy manager and have websockets support on.

I sent you some logs. I dont know if they are correct

Edited by mellowmustard

PrincessClevage

Where can I find the latest dll? When I enable continuous playlist mode for tv shows folder it just plays movies even tho I have select the tv folder and selected context is tv series ?

nevermind, looks like I just had to add a genre to the field

Edited by PrincessClevage

PrincessClevage

When i attempt to chrome cast the channel i have created to a chrome cast device it fails to start. Curious if chrome cast might of already been tested and working with this plugin?

The only way i can get it to work is to set it to continuous playback (Live) which seems to force transcoding 

Edited by PrincessClevage

sirmiketr

Any plans to update for 4.8?

Able to get channels up and running but when i press play it shows me the loading icon and nothing more. Logs don't show much.

Tried over LAN and WAN, android, different web browsers.

including log 

embyserver_6.txt

pünktchen
24 minutes ago, sirmiketr said:

Any plans to update for 4.8?

Why? 4.8 is not different than 4.7

26 minutes ago, sirmiketr said:

Logs don't show much.

It only shows the guide refresh, but no (complete) playback attempt.

pünktchen
On 6/22/2022 at 10:40 AM, PrincessClevage said:

When i attempt to chrome cast the channel i have created to a chrome cast device it fails to start. Curious if chrome cast might of already been tested and working with this plugin?

The only way i can get it to work is to set it to continuous playback (Live) which seems to force transcoding 

Sorry for the late answer, but obviously you've already found what's working and what's not. Playlist playback will not work with casting and there's nothing i can do here.

sirmiketr
On 6/28/2022 at 3:45 AM, pünktchen said:

Why? 4.8 is not different than 4.7

Well, currently continuous playback (live) breaks everything and gives a constant playback error (no compatible streams) for me. I used to have 4 channels on playlist(live) and they all played correctly, i switched 2 channels to continuous playback (live) and now no channel will play. the logs look exactly the same as above.

pünktchen
5 hours ago, sirmiketr said:

the logs look exactly the same as above.

I don't believe that. Your previous log wasn't even a full log, it was cutted after a guide refresh. Go into your log folder and just delete everything. In Emby Logs make sure debug logging is enabled. Rotate the log file under Scheduled Tasks. Try to play a channel, but make sure no other task is running at that time and no other user is playing something. Send me the whole content of your log folder.

sirmiketr
41 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

I don't believe that. Your previous log wasn't even a full log, it was cutted after a guide refresh. Go into your log folder and just delete everything. In Emby Logs make sure debug logging is enabled. Rotate the log file under Scheduled Tasks. Try to play a channel, but make sure no other task is running at that time and no other user is playing something. Send me the whole content of your log folder.

I actually downloaded the whole log, but believe what you will. Debugging was not enabled for anything in that log so that may be why. I've enabled debugging for both virtualtv and emby itself and rotated them as requested. and here they are. Uncut and raw for your pleasure. Even went onto a clickorama.

I'm seeing this though :

image.thumb.png.22ccb1727f6aa350c171aeb6b43b4c97.pngDoes it require any special permissions on linux?

embyserver_7.txt ffmpeg-VirtualTV3_20220704230231.txt

pünktchen

Your api key seems to have a "space" at the end, that's why it fails.

badwhip

i use to beable to point to a whole folder and it would add all the shows too the tv channel. those channels have stopped working and the only ones that are working are the ones were i have desinated each show. has something changed in the updates for this? do you need anything in tags if u want the whole folder of shows to be added?

pünktchen

I think i've changed this long time ago. You have to use at least one condition that fulfills your needs. It doesn't have to be tags.

badwhip

Yeah I have been running the same channel for a long time and when I updated to latest dll file the ones thst were blank didn't work anymore so if I have two drives with classic TV shows1 and classic TV shows 2 how do I put something in where it will pull all the shows from these two drive something with a *? 

hstamas

I know this has been talked about before but recently I have noticed it being much more frequent. 

Episodes repeating themselves in less than 24 hours.

As my wife sits here this morning watching the Food Network channel I’ve set up she is viewing an episode that was shown less than 24 hours before. I also notice it with my Family Guy channel. Seem pretty consistant and almost always repeats within a 24 hour time frame.

Is there any way to get things more randomized? I have plenty of any given show to pull from yet it consistently does this and also only seems to pull from a small subset of episodes.

Edited by hstamas
  • Agree 1

demhinds
8 hours ago, hstamas said:

I know this has been talked about before but recently I have noticed it being much more frequent. 

Episodes repeating themselves in less than 24 hours.

As my wife sits here this morning watching the Food Network channel I’ve set up she is viewing an episode that was shown less than 24 hours before. I also notice it with my Family Guy channel. Seem pretty consistant and almost always repeats within a 24 hour time frame.

Is there any way to get things more randomized? I have plenty of any given show to pull from yet it consistently does this and also only seems to pull from a small subset of episodes.

It sounds like you need to simply adjust the guide refresh delay setting within the main settings of the plugin. I am guessing yours isn't set or is set to 24 hours. Change it to a longer time frame. It's titled something like "disable creation of new programming for _ hours" (apologies as I am not at my computer at the moment so I can't be more specific) 

PuffyToesToo
On 7/7/2022 at 6:18 PM, badwhip said:

Yeah I have been running the same channel for a long time and when I updated to latest dll file the ones thst were blank didn't work anymore so if I have two drives with classic TV shows1 and classic TV shows 2 how do I put something in where it will pull all the shows from these two drive something with a *? 

I don't know if this will help you at all, but I had this problem until I put (for example) '1900' for minimum release date. All I needed in my case was to add that and mine populated afterward. (I am only chiming in as I use a similar setup for classic tv channels).

hstamas
16 hours ago, demhinds said:

It sounds like you need to simply adjust the guide refresh delay setting within the main settings of the plugin. I am guessing yours isn't set or is set to 24 hours. Change it to a longer time frame. It's titled something like "disable creation of new programming for _ hours" (apologies as I am not at my computer at the moment so I can't be more specific) 

Mine is at a of default of 0?

Could that be the issue? Ive refreshed guide data manually and it still seems to be the same?

Suggestion as to a number to put in there?

Thanks for your help!