VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

• 1 month later...
warrentc3

Is it a planned feature for the "TV Shows" content type (or mixed), when specifying only actor(s) as the filter, for the returning result to only be episodes the actor(s) appeared in rather than the whole show/series?

Edited by warrentc3

pünktchen
22 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

Is it a planned feature for the "TV Shows" content type (or mixed), when specifying only actor(s) as the filter, for the returning result to only be episodes the actor(s) appeared in rather than the whole show/series?

You want actors ONLY from episodes, NOT series correct? It isn't planned yet, but i can implement it next week.

• Thanks 1

warrentc3
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

You want actors ONLY from episodes, NOT series correct? It isn't planned yet, but i can implement it next week.

Correct.  

Example being, I'd like to have an Anthony Bourdain channel... he guest stars on one episode of Archer, which is the episode I want.  Not so much the 100 something other Archer episodes for this channel.

warrentc3

i also was curious if there was a roadmap item for having playlist/guide generation be separate from the guide refresh task.  

would love to be able to export to local m3u/xml and then have that m3u/xml be sources to live tv.

some of my live tv is sourced from providers like samsung, pluto, stirr… the guide data refresh happens hourly.   the virtualtv plug-in, even if the refresh is suspended, still adds a notable amount of time to the guide refresh task. 

pünktchen, thank you for this glorious plug-in. 

Edited by warrentc3

pünktchen
14 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

i also was curious if there was a roadmap item for having playlist/guide generation be separate from the guide refresh task.  

Nothing is planned in this area.

15 minutes ago, warrentc3 said:

the virtualtv plug-in, even if the refresh is suspended, still adds a notable amount of time to the guide refresh task.

Because the "suspend" option is currently broken. What is the notable amount of time for you in minutes?

warrentc3
54 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Nothing is planned in this area.

Because the "suspend" option is currently broken. What is the notable amount of time for you in minutes?

with just my m3u/xml sources of about 300 channels, the guide refresh takes about 45 seconds.

with the virtualtv plug-in active and having 20 virtual channels, the guide refresh takes about 8-10 minutes. 

also, with having frequent guide refreshes i’ve encountered the playlist updated while watching something… so when i go back to the guide, the guide data for the virtual channel is no longer accurate. 

your plug-in is far & away the best option out of all the various means to achieve this functionality. 

pünktchen
1 hour ago, warrentc3 said:

having 20 virtual channels, the guide refresh takes about 8-10 minutes

Oh, this is very long!!! I only have 14 channels, but that only takes 16 seconds!
How many movies and tv episodes do you have and how big is your database?

Crush420

Curious if there are plans to be able to set specific folders to play at a certain time of day/week?  Like can i set cartoons to play on Saturday mornings, and sitcoms to play in the afternoons, ect? 

I would love to be able to create my own weekly guide.

• Like 1

warrentc3
On 3/5/2022 at 2:10 PM, pünktchen said:

Oh, this is very long!!! I only have 14 channels, but that only takes 16 seconds!
How many movies and tv episodes do you have and how big is your database?

my emby library db is about 400mb.

pünktchen

That's not that big. How old is your library? I mean the Emby version. Have you up and downgraded you Emby server at some time?

pünktchen
On 3/7/2022 at 4:18 AM, Crush420 said:

Curious if there are plans to be able to set specific folders to play at a certain time of day/week?  Like can i set cartoons to play on Saturday mornings, and sitcoms to play in the afternoons, ect? 

I would love to be able to create my own weekly guide.

Yes, something like that is planed. But the current version is on feature freeze now. Because of future changes to Emby's Live TV engine i'll have to completely rewrite the plugin and that will take a long time.

• Thanks 5

The end will be better though as I'm giving him the core assistance that he needs to improve playback with this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Crush420
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, something like that is planed. But the current version is on feature freeze now. Because of future changes to Emby's Live TV engine i'll have to completely rewrite the plugin and that will take a long time.

Excellent, I can wait. :)  Thanks for all the hard work.  Looking forward to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pünktchen

New version 1.1.1 in the starting post:

Channels:

• Do not search for Actors and Directors at series level but episode level only
  • Fixed suspend guide refresh option

Export API:

• Better handling of https request
  • Do not throw exception in playlist generation for channels without image
Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper

Could you add a tickbox to "Always start program from beginning"? Increasing the "Start playback from the beginning if the program start is in a range of +/- seconds:" value results in next item being played if its start falls inside that timeframe.

Edited by GrimReaper
Append

warrentc3
15 hours ago, pünktchen said:

New version 1.1.1 in the starting post:

Channels:

• Do not search for Actors and Directors at series level but episode level only
  • Fixed suspend guide refresh option

Export API: 

• Better handling of https request
  • Do not throw exception in playlist generation for channels without image

AB.txt

The only filter I have on the channel is Actors include "Anthony Bourdain".

Really confused as to how it arrived at the idea that he's appearing posthumously in Britannia.

Let me know if there's anything you need from me to help get this sorted.

Going to kill the config and try from scratch and see what's what.

Thanks a bunch!

Edited by warrentc3

Ataiatek

Is there a better tutorial for this? I feel like im missing some explicit steps in this process. All i get is a channel showing up thats it...

pünktchen
58 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Weird but now my libraries dont show up under include library folders

It's either a problem with the access permissions of the user or more likely with the api key.

pünktchen
On 3/15/2022 at 4:34 AM, Ataiatek said:

Is there a better tutorial for this? I feel like im missing some explicit steps in this process. All i get is a channel showing up thats it...

What have you set so far and should be the outcome?

pünktchen
On 3/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, GrimReaper said:

Could you add a tickbox to "Always start program from beginning"? Increasing the "Start playback from the beginning if the program start is in a range of +/- seconds:" value results in next item being played if its start falls inside that timeframe.

After all that time in use, now you want a new option after i've written the plugin is in feature freeze? 😔 If i make it happen, then only global, not per channel.

• Thanks 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, pünktchen said:

If i make it happen, then only global, not per channel.

I'm fine with global, as current timeframe is. If you can - I'd appreciate it, if not - clickfest continues, but it's not a dealbreaker. Thanks.

• Agree 1

Mookdog

Any particular reason the refresh guide doesnt show up in latest beta and also its disappeared from my app itself. Added new api key and added all libraries again

Mook