VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

hstamas
22 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Yes, there were similar reports in the past when both Android apps are used on the same device. It's either a wrong session id that is reported in Emby or a problem with wrong/unclosed websockets. It doesn't happen on every device and i don't have a real solution, only suggestions. 

Log out from the Emby app you're not using. Make sure the "other" app isn't running in the background. Restart the Android device. Delete the device (app) you're not using from Emby's device list. Restart Emby server.

That’s got it!

Logged out of the Emby for AndroidTV app and then made sure the normal Emby for Android app was not only uninstalled  but also that it was deleted from the list of devices on Emby server (I suspect this step is what did the trick).

Thanks!

Mookdog

Hi Guys

I still for the life of me cant get this to work in tivimate remotely. I do have my own domain that I run emby off of. I used swagger and it does spit out info for my m3u but I do get this error.

Code Details
Response body

Unrecognized response type; displaying content as text.

Also I noticed that when it puts my domain in the m3u it doesnt use https just http. I edited the m3u to add the S but still didnt work

Thanks 

Mook

pünktchen
23 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I used swagger and it does spit out info for my m3u but I do get this error.

That doesn't matter. Swagger cannot interpret "content-type: application/x-mpegurl", only txt, json and xml.

Also I noticed that when it puts my domain in the m3u it doesnt use https just http. I edited the m3u to add the S but still didnt work

Currently it is what it is. In my case it's still working fine, because my proxy is redirecting to https. I'll try to make it a little bit more intelligent for the next release.

I still for the life of me cant get this to work in tivimate remotely

Can you be a little more specific in what does not work in Tivimate? Channel list, guide data or playback? PM me the Emby log maybe.
Anyway, for Tivimate in a local network you need at least:
StreamType=Universal
CatchupType=shift or flussonic
CatchupContainer=mpegts or hls
User={An Emby user account name}
Device=Tivimate or whatever name you like
For remote connections you need also:
Pass={The password of the Emby user account}
Token=sg43s4f6s1cs2d56dd1 or something like that. The token has to be set in the export settings of the plugin configuration. It is not the api key!

Mookdog
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

That doesn't matter. Swagger cannot interpret "content-type: application/x-mpegurl", only txt, json and xml.

Currently it is what it is. In my case it's still working fine, because my proxy is redirecting to https. I'll try to make it a little bit more intelligent for the next release.

Can you be a little more specific in what does not work in Tivimate? Channel list, guide data or playback? PM me the Emby log maybe.
Anyway, for Tivimate in a local network you need at least:
StreamType=Universal
CatchupType=shift or flussonic
CatchupContainer=mpegts or hls
User={An Emby user account name}
Device=Tivimate or whatever name you like
For remote connections you need also:
Pass={The password of the Emby user account}
Token=sg43s4f6s1cs2d56dd1 or something like that. The token has to be set in the export settings of the plugin configuration. It is not the api key!

Hey

I figured out the problem. I keep forgetting I cant connect to my domain locally bc it just redirects back to my remote address and it wont work locally. So I added my local ip and all is working now. Thank u so much for all your help it works fantastic

Mook

• 2 weeks later...
fillidill

Can anyone confirm if VirtualTV is working for you on Emby beta (v. 4.7.0.20)?
When starting a channel the loading circle just spins forever for me. 

Edit: Seems like I had to few media items in the channel. When I added more it started to work :) 

Edited by fillidill

PuffyToesToo

I just had to come by to say (once more) that this is my all time favourite Plugin and this is how I utilize my Emby 95% of the time. Thank you again for your hard work. It's definitely appreciated.

• Agree 1

hstamas

Quick channel rule question.

I have a Food Network channel that I identify the shows I want by the tag “CH1’ . I’ve also marked certain episodes within these shows with the tag “Christmas Cooking”. I don’t want these episodes to be played so In the rules section I’ve put the tag “Christmas Cooking’ in the area called “but exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags”.

Seems pretty straight forward except it’s not working. Is it because the tag is 2 words?
Any other reason this doesn’t work?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by hstamas

PuffyToesToo
58 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Quick channel rule question.

I have a Food Network channel that I identify the shows I want by the tag “CH1’ . I’ve also marked certain episodes within these shows with the tag “Christmas Cooking”. I don’t want these episodes to be played so In the rules section I’ve put the tag “Christmas Cooking’ in the area called “but exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags”.

Seems pretty straight forward except it’s not working. Is it because the tag is 2 words?
Any other reason this doesn’t work?

Thanks for any advice.

I am having the same problem and wonder if I am not doing something correctly. In my case, the tag is simply 'skip' and I have tried it both on individual seasons, and the main tag for the entire series. I would also appreciate any info, thanks.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, hstamas said:

“but exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags”

This refers to the "Always include..." rule and not to anything other.
You only need the Tags rule "CH1 && !Christmas Cooking" without quotation marks.

PuffyToesToo

So I already am doing this, where the show is listed, and only two seasons have the tag 'skip'. If this is correct, it isn't working for me? Am I missing something? Thanks.

Capture.JPG.87218d052f49ef1fec0962a34fa98b8e.JPG

Edited by PuffyToesToo
wrong info

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, PuffyToesToo said:

So I already am doing this, where the show is listed, and only two seasons have the tag 'skip'. If this is correct, it isn't working for me? Am I missing something? Thanks.

Capture.JPG.87218d052f49ef1fec0962a34fa98b8e.JPG

Might make no difference, but have you tried with "Doctor Who"?

• Like 1

PuffyToesToo
8 hours ago, pünktchen said:

And the other tag rule is empty? @PuffyToesToo

Correct, there are no other rules. The  only other possible tag rule on a few of these channels (where I only want the one show on a couple channels), the show itself has a main tag. For example, if the show is 'Golden Girls', I have a tag for that show which is used to populate just that show for that channel.

ex.JPG.92f4cfa12fd892464e10ceb91f654442.JPG

Edited by PuffyToesToo

PuffyToesToo
13 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

I can certainly try this, although it is present in other shows as well.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, PuffyToesToo said:

Correct, there are no other rules.

So i've tried Dr Who as "Always include these named movies or tv shows" rule and Skip for "But exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags" at season and episode level. All other rules empty. It's working as expected here. Make sure your plugin is up to date and that you've saved your tags at the season level.

2 hours ago, PuffyToesToo said:

The  only other possible tag rule on a few of these channels (where I only want the one show on a couple channels), the show itself has a main tag. For example, if the show is 'Golden Girls', I have a tag for that show which is used to populate just that show for that channel.

If you only want complete shows for a channel, you can also use the "Always include" rule instead of tags.

15 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

If you mean quotation marks, that wont work.
If you mean the title itself, of course it has to fit to the show name in Emby's library. I had to edit the show title to do the test with Dr instead of Doctor.

Edited by pünktchen

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

If you mean quotation marks, that wont work.
If you mean the title itself, of course it has to fit to the show name in Emby's library. I had to edit the show title to do the test with Dr instead of Doctor.

I meant the title, as both TVDB and TMDB list it as "Doctor Who" so it is likely its the name of show in Library. 

hstamas
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

So i've tried Dr Who as "Always include these named movies or tv shows" rule and Skip for "But exclude tv show seasons or episodes by these tags" at season and episode level. All other rules empty. It's working as expected here. Make sure your plugin is up to date and that you've saved your tags at the season level.

If you only want complete shows for a channel, you can also use the "Always include" rule instead of tags.

This may be my issue then. I use a tag to get entire shows into my Food Network channel. So the "CH1" tag is always at the show level. Good Eats, Chopped etc. I then have another tag on individual episodes that are holiday based. This tag "Christmas Cooking" is put into the exclude section.

So you are saying that you cannot filter out individual episodes using the rules section?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, hstamas said:

So you are saying that you cannot filter out individual episodes using the rules section?

No that's no what i'm saying! What i mean is this:

groups.png.b3ac744d57abe8704171e516ad450f21.png

• Like 1

hstamas

So I need to list every show I want to include in my Food Network channel in the “always include” section? I can do that but I would be adding like 20 shows to that one dialog box. Would seem hard to edit afterward to add/remove shows too. 

I can try it but want to be sure that’s the right way to do it.

pünktchen
14 minutes ago, hstamas said:

So I need to list every show I want to include in my Food Network channel in the “always include” section?

No, you still don't get it!
Either
you add all 20 tv show titles in the "Always include..." rule and use "But exclude..." to filter out season or episodes by tags
or
you add the same tag to all 20 tv shows and some filter tags to season and episodes and then use only the "Tags" rule like i explained earlier.

hstamas
34 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

No, you still don't get it!
Either
you add all 20 tv show titles in the "Always include..." rule and use "But exclude..." to filter out season or episodes by tags
or
you add the same tag to all 20 tv shows and some filter tags to season and episodes and then use only the "Tags" rule like i explained earlier.

Ah! I think I get it now. I never even noticed the operator note under the tag section. 

Will give it a shot. Thanks!

Does this look right? Do tags need some sort of separator?

31039274-9D45-4783-B7A0-BDCB20CA7380.jpeg

Edited by hstamas

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, hstamas said:

Does this look right?

It doesn't. Syntax needs to be exactly as:

On 1/23/2022 at 9:18 PM, pünktchen said:

CH1 && !Christmas Cooking

• Agree 1