VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

I haven't looked at the log yet, but now remember about a problem with the days to download guide data setting. Emby doesn't take it right after changing the setting. I think you have to restart Emby after this and then do the guide refresh. Please give it a try.

BrianSDX2

That was the answer. After I restarted emby and did a guide refresh it did exactly what I wanted it to do. Thanks for the help on this, I really appreciate it.

Hello, 

I had a question regarding the virtualtv plugin display on the homepage.

As of yesterday the on now row on my homepage will only display shows and movies with poster images not the thumbnails as before.

So is there an option to switch back and forth between posters images to thumbnail images or is this just the new thing?

Thanks and will be looking forward to a reply.

GrimReaper
11 minutes ago, STR8 said:

Hello, 

I had a question regarding the virtualtv plugin display on the homepage.

As of yesterday the on now row on my homepage will only display shows and movies with poster images not the thumbnails as before.

So is there an option to switch back and forth between posters images to thumbnail images or is this just the new thing?

Thanks and will be looking forward to a reply.

Assuming you are referring to AndroidTV app that just went stable with 2.0.48 (Release) from previous 2.0.33 (Release), nope, as it was fixed in 2.0.35 beta:

• Fix Virtual TV programs showing thumbs in "On Now"

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

• 3 weeks later...
nickred896

Ok so I'm having a weird problem setting up a channel. Here is what I want and what it is doing. 

I'm trying to set up a channel which will show only the Doctor Who Christmas Specials.

I have the show configured where all specials including the christmas specials show in "Season 0" and are assigned the appropriate episode number per TVDB. I have also manually assigned each of the Christmas specials which I want to appear on the channel the tag "drxmas". 

Virtual TV rules/configuration:

Always include these named movies or tv shows:
Doctor Who (2005)

*Tags:

"drxmas"

All channel rules must be true checked. 

With this configuration, the channel is displaying random Doctor Who (2005) episodes, which have not been tagged "drxmas", but not the intended christmas specials. If I remove the Always Include rule and only use the tag rule it doesn't return anything. It's as if VirtualTV doesn't recognize Season 0 and isn't looking there for the tagged Christmas Specials, then decides to display any matching rule when it can't get a result to match both rules. 

Any ideas for a good work around?

Edited by nickred896
phrasing.

pünktchen

"drxmas" sounds like a specific tag that you are only using for Doctor Who and not any other show. If that's the case, then only use the Tag rule but not the Always include rule.

nickred896
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

"drxmas" sounds like a specific tag that you are only using for Doctor Who and not any other show. If that's the case, then only use the Tag rule but not the Always include rule.

That is correct the drxmas tag is specifically for this channel and nothing else, However, when I take out the always include rule and only use the tag rule it fails to show anything at all. It seems like VirtualTV not checking Season 0. I have no way to check this because Doctor Who is the only show I have which uses a Season 0 for specials/extras. Season 0 is required so the scrapers can accurately pull info for these specials. 

Here is the quick, dirty, semi workaround I have come up with

• I made a duplicate of the original files for each of the christmas specials and placed it in a new directory (outside of an emby library).
  • I created a new Emby library using that folder
  • Manually edited metadata on the 14 files to assign them as movies (instead of television episodes) and make them look nice.
  • In Virtual TV, I made a new channel pointing to the new library instead of the old "TV" library. 
  • Wildcard/Asterisk (*) in the always include rule. No other rules are applied. 
  • The channel is now correctly showing all 14 of the Doctor Who Christmas Specials. 

This seems like a pretty dirty backwards way of making this work, but hey, If it works who am I to judge. Any other ideas on how I could have accomplished the same results?

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, nickred896 said:

However, when I take out the always include rule and only use the tag rule it fails to show anything at all. It seems like VirtualTV not checking Season 0 for specials/extras

I'll check that at the weekend.

nagetech

I just installed this and am loving the potential!

I started writing down ideas for channels that I'd like, and quickly got past 30!!!

Looking forward to watching this project grow, and THANK YOU for not only coming up with it, but maintaining it!

pünktchen
On 11/11/2021 at 2:31 AM, nickred896 said:

However, when I take out the always include rule and only use the tag rule it fails to show anything at all. It seems like VirtualTV not checking Season 0.

I've tested tags against Season 0 and special episodes and it's working fine here.

• Thanks 1

pünktchen
59 minutes ago, TallBoiDez said:

My channel don't work, the load up but don't play anything

And my channels play, so what should i do now? 🤔

Edited by pünktchen
  • Haha 4

TallBoiDez
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

And my channels play, so what should i do now? 🤔

I came here for help, but you want to be a ******* *******.

Edited by GrimReaper
Language, please

pünktchen

I always try to help if i can. Instead of being rude, please think about why answered in a sarcastic way and why i cannot help you, why nobody can't you help after your issue reporting.

• Like 2

warrentc3

i'm thinking about setting up a cloned emby container just to run this because of the amount of time guide refreshes take with all the things i've got going on.

any advice / guidance around the export for maintaining the playlist style usage?

pünktchen
4 hours ago, warrentc3 said:

any advice / guidance around the export for maintaining the playlist style usage?

Sorry, but the export won't use the "Playlist Playback" mode if that is what you're after. (Exception is if you use the exported channels.m3u in Kodi)

TallBoiDez
On 11/20/2021 at 8:59 PM, pünktchen said:

I always try to help if i can. Instead of being rude, please think about why answered in a sarcastic way and why i cannot help you, why nobody can't you help after your issue reporting.

Well, if you can't help just say that, don't want people being rude to you, then don't be an a-hole when someone asks you for help with your plug-in

nickred896
51 minutes ago, TallBoiDez said:

Well, if you can't help just say that, don't want people being rude to you, then don't be an a-hole when someone asks you for help with your plug-in

He can't help you right now because he does not know what the problem is. If you want help, you need to be as detailed as possible. "My channel don't work" isn't gonna cut it. 
What exactly is the plugin doing/not doing?
What did you put into the fields when programming the channel(s)?

What troubleshooting have you already attempted?
Can you upload any logs or screenshots that might give a hint at what the problem is?

Chances are, there is a simple solution to your problem that can be found IF there is enough background information to solve the problem. 

This is standard practice when asking for help on forums like this. We can't help you if we don't know what the problem is. If you are using EMBY and VirtualTV, I assume you are at least somewhat of a power user. You probably know your way around computers better than your average Joe. Get with the program. 

Edited by nickred896
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

pünktchen

New version 1.1.0 in the starting post:

Channels:

• Added channel rules for minimum community and critic rating

Export API (complete rework):

• Adjusted Emby for Kodi Next Gen streaming urls to new plugin paths
  • Fixed channel logos for real live tv channels
  • Added option to match real live tv programs against Emby library items to allow catchup streams
  • Added catchup source types append, shift and flussonic for universal streaming (Tivimate and similar apps)
  • Added option to choose between original, mpegts and hls for universal catchup streams
  • Added playback reporting for universal streaming
    + Adds playback progress to Emby's dashboard
    + Allows to auto set watched state after playback stop
    + Fixes detection of client playback stop
  • Export task is now auto-executed after every guide refresh
  • Like 1

pünktchen
4 hours ago, TallBoiDez said:

the plugin doesn't work with an external DNS, the channels open but do not load and only display a black screen

That's a misconfigured proxy on your side. It needs to support websockets.

Hello pünktchen and everyone else :)

So far, VirtualTV has worked very well and I was able to generate an m3u in order to then integrate it externally into other systems.
With the update to the new version I now have the following error:Via http://swagger.emby.media

Code details
400 Error: Bad Request
Response body
Download

Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'input')

I can no longer create an M3u. However, an XML is generated.

Here's an excerpt from the emby log, I hope it's the right part:

Spoiler

2021-11-25 10: 26: 33.246 Info Server: http / 1.1 Response 204 to 94.134.105.174. Time: 1ms. http://myhost.eu:8096/emby/Sessions/Playing/Progress
2021-11-25 10: 26: 33.301 Info Server: http / 1.1 GET http://myhost.eu:8096/emby/videos/10434394/hls/730C75/730C75_1807.ts. Connection = keep-alive, Host = myhost.eu: 8096, User-Agent = Emby / 2.0.48a (Linux; Android 7.1.2) ExoPlayerLib / 2.13.2, Accept-Encoding = identity
2021-11-25 10: 26: 33.369 Info Server: http / 1.1 GET http://192.168.178.9:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?StreamType=Universal&CatchupType=shift&CatchupContainer=hls&RealLiveTv=true&User=VirtualTV&Pass=456456 = 10 & Token = 444444. UserAgent: Mozilla / 5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv: 94.0) Gecko / 20100101 Firefox / 94.0
2021-11-25 10: 26: 33.369 Info VirtualTV Plugin: ApiService> GetChannelsPlaylist
2021-11-25 10: 26: 33.385 Error Server: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.0.18
Command line: 😄 \ Users \ USER \ AppData \ Roaming \ Emby-Server \ system \ EmbyServer.dll
Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.19043
Framework: .NET 6.0.0-rtm.21522.10
OS / Process: x64 / x64
Runtime: 😄 /Users/USER/AppData/Roaming/Emby-Server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Data path: 😄 \ Users \ USER \ AppData \ Roaming \ Emby-Server \ programdata
Application path: 😄 \ Users \ USER \ AppData \ Roaming \ Emby-Server \ system
System.ArgumentNullException: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'input')
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException (ExceptionArgument arg)
at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Replace (String input, String pattern, String replacement)
at VirtualTV.Services.VirtualTVService.GetPlaylist (IEnumerable`1 channels, GetChannelPlaylist request, Boolean isLocal)
at VirtualTV.Services.VirtualTVService.Get (GetChannelPlaylist request)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute (HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync (HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler (IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: System.Text.RegularExpressions
TargetSite: Void ThrowArgumentNullException (System.Text.RegularExpressions.ExceptionArgument)

My plan is: create an M3U and then integrate it into a playback device outside of my own network.

Does anyone have any idea where the error could be?
Thank you for your help :)