VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

Why don't you just tag your 3D movies with something like "3D" and then in the channel rules tag condition add "!3D"?

pünktchen
1 hour ago, STR8 said:

It's a lot movies but I can make it happen over time. 

Also what would I do add 3D! like so to not allow?

You can use this tool to tag multiple videos at once. The channel tag rule would be "!WhateverTagYouChoose" without quotation marks.

Thanks! I need another favor if possible if you could provide a screen shot showing where I need to type the server url and virtualTV api after f12 key.

I tried a couple of things but can seem to find the right place that info needs to be entered so been doing it manually so far.

I know it's sad!

Screenshot_20210829-133016_Office.jpg

Edited by STR8

• 2 weeks later...
pünktchen
39 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning Punktchen...

Are channel tags used by VirtualTV?  If so, how are they used?

Vic

Simple answer, no.

Emby Version 4.6.4.0

VirtualTV version: 0.9.9.5

When attempting to play a channel, receive error about no compatible streams, with the following error in VTV's Debug log

Invalid data found when processing input

This is in Emby's error log

2021-09-11 22:11:29.653 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: D:\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: D:/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: D:\Emby\programdata
	Application path: D:\Emby\system
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.ConvertImageToLocal(BaseItem item, ItemImageInfo image, Int32 imageIndex, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor.ProcessImage(ImageProcessingOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Api.Images.ImageService.GetImage(ImageRequest request, Int64 itemId, BaseItem item, Boolean isHeadRequest)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Thanks

Can't edit post, but also seeing this error now as well in Emby's log

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: D:\Emby\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.17763
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: D:/Emby/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: D:\Emby\programdata
	Application path: D:\Emby\system
	System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero. (Parameter 'startIndex')
	   at System.String.Remove(Int32 startIndex)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.VirtualTVService.Get(GetChannelImage request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.Execute(HttpListenerHost appHost, Object requestDto, IRequest req)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: System.String Remove(Int32)

pünktchen

The first error i also see in my logs sometimes, but i don't know what problem Emby has at that times. The second error probably means you don't have set any channel image yet. Anyway both errors are related to image processing and not streaming related. There must be some other issue that prevents streaming.

pünktchen
1 hour ago, TallBoiDez said:

@pünktchen can you explain what the "prime time" feature does on the virtual tv plugin?

On the day of the guide refresh, one show will start at the prime time.

23 hours ago, pünktchen said:

The first error i also see in my logs sometimes, but i don't know what problem Emby has at that times. The second error probably means you don't have set any channel image yet. Anyway both errors are related to image processing and not streaming related. There must be some other issue that prevents streaming.

Solved the problem, first issue was needing to install Net framework 3.5, second issue was user permissions.

I've been trying this plugin out.

I can get TV based channels to work, but Movie based ones never get any content.

Here are my channel settings for  a Movie channel. Anyone have any tips? Thanks.

vtv-settings-1.png.6e3acd1789e7a29644489d02116aa998.png

vtv-settings-2.png.50de197682da16a3445112442cdd835c.png

vtv-settings-3.png.0f0c5962cf6fe528af74a4bb5f45db54.png

vtv-settings-4.png.29d2068baa91e3e2abd5e7f9498b0745.png

GrimReaper

Looking at your channel setup, everything appears as such that it should produce results. Only thing I could possibly think of is there might be some permission issue, since TV shows (working) are on volume1, whereas Movies are on volume 2, or your Special Features are having trouble being identified as Movies (missing IDs?); did you try including your main Movies folder and run a Guide refresh, see whether that populates channel? 

Anyway, server log should give you some guidance. 

19 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Looking at your channel setup, everything appears as such that it should produce results. Only thing I could possibly think of is there might be some permission issue, since TV shows (working) are on volume1, whereas Movies are on volume 2, or your Special Features are having trouble being identified as Movies (missing IDs?); did you try including your main Movies folder and run a Guide refresh, see whether that populates channel? 

Anyway, server log should give you some guidance. 

Thanks for confirming the settings.

Yes, I've tried with both my main Movies library and the Special Features library. Same result.

The Everyone user has access to the Movie libraries and at the OS level, the Emby user has access to volume2, but I'll experiment with a test movie library on volume1.

I looked through the log previously, but didn't see anything suspicious at the time. I'll check again.

• 4 weeks later...
VicMoore

I decided to do a fresh install of DSM7, Emby and virtualTV. I first installed DSM7 and then EMBY. I used the EMBY in the Synology package store and it installed without incident. I then rebuilt all of my libraries and again everything worked just fine. Next I installed from the EMBY plugin catalog, the plugins that I use. They installed OK. Now we get to the problem. I  copied the virtualTV plugin into the EMBY plugin folder and restarted EMBY. Afterwards, virtualTV didn't show up as a plugin. If I use the Synology File Station I can see the plugin DLL in the plugin folder along with all of the other plugins. 

Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong.  Everything worked perfect until I upgraded to DSM7.  I have set the permissions properly (I think 🙂

Vic

VicMoore

I found the problem. When you are installing virtualTV on DSM7 you have to put the plugin into    /volume1/@appdata/EmbyServer/plugins   rather than the old plugin folder.

Vic

• Like 1

Emby Server 4.6.4.0
VirtualTV 0.9.9.5
Tivimate 4.0

I am attempting to use VirtualTV to generate a HDhomerun based channel list which can be used by Tivimate.
I have tried all 3 options Universal, EmbyCon & EmbyNextGen all of which fail in Tivimate with error 500.

I am however able to manually create a channel list which works just fine with Tivimate.

Any insight into this ?

pünktchen
8 hours ago, Tester said:

Any insight into this ?

Not without any logs! Anyway, just wait a few days. I already have a new version in the working that i also test against Tivimate.

• Like 1

BrianSDX2

I have a question. I am trying to set up a 24/7 channel using this plugin. What I want to happen is the show I am setting up has multiple seasons. After the last season I want it to start over from the first episode of the first season in an endless loop. I saw someone said to set the guide refresh to 1 day but is there another way to achieve this?

pünktchen

In Emby's live tv settings set the days to download guide data to some number instead of auto. This will repeat the VirtualTV channel content until all the days are filled with programs.

BrianSDX2

That didn't work for me. I've tried setting it to as low as 1 and it just stops. I do not have enough content yet to fill a 24 hour time period. I did refresh the guide data after setting the number of days. image.thumb.png.cae29721e8276c22c46d906ce0824a29.png