VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

I did notice this right after uploading the last version. It was just a matter of time if somebody hits this bug. Will upload a new version of course.

pünktchen

New version 0.9.9.5 in the starting post:

Export API:

• Support for Emby for Kodi Next Gen addon streaming urls
  • Option to export also real live tv channels

Channels:

• Fixed Mixed Content channel building
  • Thanks 2

fillidill
5 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Export API:

Channels:

Thanks a lot for the update! 

Could you please explain the following "Option to export also real live tv channels" in more detail, please?

One last thing, I've been trying out using your export to EmbyNextGen by putting in the URLs manually and seems to work. However, for some reason starting a channel takes almost 10 seconds in kodi compared to using the method of syncing VirtualTV in the EmbyNextGen settings. If I use that one it is almost instantly. I am just wondering if there is something I am doing wrong to make it quicker. I tried the advancedsettings-fix you posted in this thread but without luck.

pünktchen
18 minutes ago, fillidill said:

Thanks a lot for the update! 

Could you please explain the following "Option to export also real live tv channels" in more detail, please?

One last thing, I've been trying out using your export to EmbyNextGen by putting in the URLs manually and seems to work. However, for some reason starting a channel takes almost 10 seconds in kodi compared to using the method of syncing VirtualTV in the EmbyNextGen settings. If I use that one it is almost instantly. I am just wondering if there is something I am doing wrong to make it quicker. I tried the advancedsettings-fix you posted in this thread but without luck.

The export real live tv option also exports channels and guide data for the live tv part of Emby that you can setup with a HDHomerun device or IPTV. Otherwise only the VirtualTV channels are exported.

For me EmbyNextGen generated by my plugin starts as fast as with the Kodi addon sync option. Please post the exact url you are using in the SimplePVR addon.

fillidill

Hmm that is weird, but gives me hope! These are the links I am using

http://192.168.1.4:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Channels?User=EmbyKodi&StreamType=EmbyNextGen
http://192.168.1.4:8096/emby/VirtualTV/Guide

pünktchen

That looks good to me. I know the Kodi addon writes the mime type of the streaming urls to the playlist and i don't. This has an impact on start times, but in a range of one second or less, not ten seconds. I don't write the mime type because with it catchup streams (playback of past or future programs) won't work anymore in SimplePVR. I'm not a Kodi expert, but if you can send me the Kodi log (preferable a debug log) maybe i can see the problem.

fillidill

Actually, took the time and it is more close to 20 seconds before it starts so there is definitely something wrong at my end. I've sent you my log in a pm.

Once again, I am so grateful for your help pünktchen! 

fillidill
18 hours ago, pünktchen said:

That looks good to me. I know the Kodi addon writes the mime type of the streaming urls to the playlist and i don't. This has an impact on start times, but in a range of one second or less, not ten seconds. I don't write the mime type because with it catchup streams (playback of past or future programs) won't work anymore in SimplePVR. I'm not a Kodi expert, but if you can send me the Kodi log (preferable a debug log) maybe i can see the problem.

Woho I figured it out after trial and error! In the settings of PVR IPTV Simple Client go to Advanced and add "video/mp2t" to the MIME type in the settings. This makes it supe rquick for me :) don't ask me why.

pünktchen
49 minutes ago, fillidill said:

Woho I figured it out after trial and error! In the settings of PVR IPTV Simple Client go to Advanced and add "video/mp2t" to the MIME type in the settings. This makes it supe rquick for me :) don't ask me why.

It shouldn't make such a big difference though. And as i wrote, catchup streams won't work anymore.

pünktchen
21 hours ago, fillidill said:

I've been trying out using your export to EmbyNextGen by putting in the URLs manually and seems to work. However, for some reason starting a channel takes almost 10 seconds in kodi compared to using the method of syncing VirtualTV in the EmbyNextGen settings. If I use that one it is almost instantly.

@hstamas Could you also try this please and report your findings?

This looks amazing and right what I need.

I've never used any sort of guide in EMBY before and was wonder how you trigger a manual guide refresh?

Is it located somewhere within the VirtualTV settings? or is it linked to the core guide within EMBY and you kick it off there?

Thanks

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, manny said:

I've never used any sort of guide in EMBY before and was wonder how you trigger a manual guide refresh?

Dashboard>Live TV/DVR section, Setup>"Refresh guide data" 

or

Dashboard>Scheduled Tasks>Run "Refresh guide data" task

• Thanks 1

Mookdog
On 8/21/2021 at 11:36 AM, pünktchen said:

Export API:

Channels:

Wow with this I am able to fully play my channels using the tivimate app. 

Thanks so much for adding that ability. Now I feel like I have my own tv stations lol

Mook

Oracle

Trying to run this on a Synology NAS. Plugin installs no problem. Configuring channels is straightforward, and they display, but do not populate content in the guide.

Help. I need an adult. Lol.

fillidill
1 hour ago, Arly (Sprinkles) said:

Trying to run this on a Synology NAS. Plugin installs no problem. Configuring channels is straightforward, and they display, but do not populate content in the guide.

Help. I need an adult. Lol.

Post a screenshot of your channel config and maybe I could help. I have a Synology NAS (ds918+) as well and it works for me.

fillidill

I have a feature request that at least I would find really useful.

Would it be possible to have a scheduled task just like the guide refresh but instead of re-building the whole guide it would only remove the missing movies/episodes (deleted or removed from Emby) but still try to have the same guide schedule?

Example (red is a deleted movie):
Before: Anchorman -> Batman -> Titanic
After: Achorman -> Titanic -> Next movie

I have channels that contain media that is just temporary which sometimes makes guides with content that is not there. I also don't want to make a scheduled refresh guide as that will make the whole guide reset. This plugin is already awesome but this would be a really "nice to have" feature.

Oracle
22 hours ago, fillidill said:

Post a screenshot of your channel config and maybe I could help. I have a Synology NAS (ds918+) as well and it works for me.

I figured out my dillema. Thanks for the help, regardless.

Perhaps, you could also answer this. If I wanted to include one specific title to play 24/7, would this be possible? I've tried numerous ways that I could think of, even creating a ficitional actor called "Channel Dude" (LOL) to filter specific movies that "Channel Dude" is credited in.

My wife would appreciate a 24/7 channel dedicated to A Christmas Story, similar to that of what they do annually around the holidays. Any help would be appreciated.

fillidill
31 minutes ago, Arly (Sprinkles) said:

I figured out my dillema. Thanks for the help, regardless.

Perhaps, you could also answer this. If I wanted to include one specific title to play 24/7, would this be possible? I've tried numerous ways that I could think of, even creating a ficitional actor called "Channel Dude" (LOL) to filter specific movies that "Channel Dude" is credited in.

My wife would appreciate a 24/7 channel dedicated to A Christmas Story, similar to that of what they do annually around the holidays. Any help would be appreciated.

I would recommend using a tag instead of an actor to point to specific content. I for example have a Christmas channel and each movie I want in it have the tag "Christmas". Then create a channel with below. Do not forget to add the Release date as it seems to be needed at least for me.

tags.png

• Agree 1

pünktchen
3 hours ago, fillidill said:

I have a feature request that at least I would find really useful.

Would it be possible to have a scheduled task just like the guide refresh but instead of re-building the whole guide it would only remove the missing movies/episodes (deleted or removed from Emby) but still try to have the same guide schedule?

Sorry, no. There's no easy way to do this without writing the whole guide import that Emby does as a custom function. And i'm not even sure that Emby provides the necessary base methods. For example i cannot find a way to delete program data.

fillidill
3 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Sorry, no. There's no easy way to do this without writing the whole guide import that Emby does as a custom function. And i'm not even sure that Emby provides the necessary base methods. For example i cannot find a way to delete program data.

Yeah no worries! I was prepared that it wasn't a easy thing to do, but thanks anyway. 

I have been using Virtual TV for quite a while, and recently moved all my stack over to a new cluster, I have the latest version downloaded and installed today, but for the life of me I cant get Virtual TV to work again getting the error in log 

2021-08-28 12:05:24.298 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: cartoons, ChannelId: VirtualTV0, Querying Library for TVShows
2021-08-28 12:05:25.082 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting programs for channel cartoons
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /app/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /app/ffdetect -ffmpeg /app/ffmpeg -ffprobe /app/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-81-generic (buildd@lgw01-amd64-052) (gcc version 9.3.0 (Ubuntu 9.3.0-17ubuntu1~20.04)) #91-Ubuntu SMP Thu Jul 15 19:09:17 UTC 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: app/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /app
	System.InvalidOperationException: System.InvalidOperationException: Nullable object must have a value.
	   at System.Nullable`1.get_Value()
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.<>c.<GetProgramStartDate>b__10_0(BaseItem i)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.Sum[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 selector)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetProgramStartDate(List`1 programItems, VirtualChannel channel)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetPrograms(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc)
	   at VirtualTV.VirtualLiveTvService.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: Void ThrowInvalidOperationException_InvalidOperation_NoValue()

Any help would be much appreciated i miss my back to back Bob's Burgers and Family Guy 😀

Same here I tried the new version 3 times and each time I get 5 channels that will not work and it's the exact same 5 every time.

So I went back to the previous version... my deal is that I don't want any of my 3D movies to get displayed.

With that said can the new version exclude those movies by using the HSBS or the [3D] in the title because there are no actual tags for them?

Thanks in advance for any help.

pünktchen
7 hours ago, Ruledio said:

I have been using Virtual TV for quite a while, and recently moved all my stack over to a new cluster, I have the latest version downloaded and installed today, but for the life of me I cant get Virtual TV to work again getting the error in log

At least one of your videos is missing a runtime value. I try to skip those videos, but obviously i've missed a place.

pünktchen
2 hours ago, STR8 said:

Same here...

How do you know? Do you have the same exception in your log? My magic ball doesn't tell me.

My bad I never uploaded a log because I went back to the previous version so I thought I would just ask if those 3D movies could be exclude didn't mean to get you upset.

I don't code so I could just imagine all the hard work that goes into a project and I'm greatly appreciative for your work.

So If a answer to the question can't be given without a log I will provide one when I reinstall the new version again and maybe we can see why the 5 channels won't display content as well.

Thanks