VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

Mookdog
5 hours ago, pünktchen said:

Are you really asking this or what is the problem?

I was just asking just to see if it can be done. Sorta like a 2nd method on using VirtualTV. 

pünktchen
15 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

I was just asking just to see if it can be done

What do you think does the Export option do?

Mookdog
35 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

What do you think does the Export option do?

I know it creates m3u and XML and in the beginning it works but after about 5 minutes it craps out. Me being the person I am like to test stuff all the time. Loving this plugin

Mook

pünktchen

So it's not about creating those files, it's about playback?! That wasn't clear. Unfortunately i don't think there's anything i can do. The export function is a big hack. Starting playback is not difficult. Stoping playback is the big problem. The Emby server expects an explicit stop request from the clients which only Emby clients do. That's why i watch Emby's log file for a client (network) disconnect and assume the client has stopped the playback if that happens.

Mookdog
58 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

So it's not about creating those files, it's about playback?! That wasn't clear. Unfortunately i don't think there's anything i can do. The export function is a big hack. Starting playback is not difficult. Stoping playback is the big problem. The Emby server expects an explicit stop request from the clients which only Emby clients do. That's why i watch Emby's log file for a client (network) disconnect and assume the client has stopped the playback if that happens.

Ok gotcha thanks for the help.

Mook

Mookdog

Ok guys as I am learning the ropes of VirtualTV I got it down pretty good. The question I do have is this. Say for instance I create a 24/7 channel for myself of nothing but Chappelle's Show with each episode being Aprox 23 minutes long and 10 eps per season. After a few hours there is no more guide data. Is there anyway to make it play on repeat after the seasons are over ? So after season 3 it goes back to season 1 and so on as u can see in the example it cuts off a little after 9:30am

image.thumb.png.ab5e4504a535851b02718c33ec3dd79a.png

Hope I explained it so u can understand lol

Mook 

Edited by Mookdog

pünktchen

Change the Emby guide days to download from auto to some number under the live tv settings.

Mookdog
6 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

Change the Emby guide days to download from auto to some number under the live tv settings.

I don't quite understand

Mook

pünktchen
32 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

I don't quite understand

I don't have the current Emby version in front of me, so the path may'd differ. But it's under the live tv / dvr settings.

Screenshot_20210810-200118.thumb.png.1acc04aaf54a6108552d30d07f68564f.png

Mookdog
1 hour ago, pünktchen said:

I don't have the current Emby version in front of me, so the path may'd differ. But it's under the live tv / dvr settings.

Screenshot_20210810-200118.thumb.png.1acc04aaf54a6108552d30d07f68564f.png

Hey man thanks for the help it worked woohoo now I am a happy man. Dude u rock

Mook

pünktchen

New version 0.9.9.3 in the starting post:

Channels:

• Fixed bumper interleaving for mixed content channels
  • Optimized general interleaving for mixed content channels
  • Fixed a bug with Linux librarypaths that was introduced with version 0.9.9
  • Thanks 1

pünktchen
8 minutes ago, STR8 said:

will I have to redo all of my channels from scratch if I was to upgrade to the new version 0.9.9.3?

Depends on the previous version. Just try it. As long as you don't hit the save button you can always go back.

pünktchen

Give that channel a "Tag" via Emby's metadata editor and then add this tag to "Restrict Items With Tags" with setting "Block items with these tags"
under Parental Control for that user.

• Like 1

fillidill

I am testing out using Kodi (Matrix) as a frontend for Emby (next gen) and now trying to setup the Live TV-part. Has anyone tested this with Virtual TV and gotten it to work? I am most likely doing something wrong but Kodi just freeze when I try to play anything. I can however get the guide and the channel logos showing up. Not sure if it is something I have done wrong in Virtual TV config or if it is in Kodi. 

Anyone who would be kind enough to explain how you are supposed to do?

hstamas
3 hours ago, fillidill said:

I am testing out using Kodi (Matrix) as a frontend for Emby (next gen) and now trying to setup the Live TV-part. Has anyone tested this with Virtual TV and gotten it to work? I am most likely doing something wrong but Kodi just freeze when I try to play anything. I can however get the guide and the channel logos showing up. Not sure if it is something I have done wrong in Virtual TV config or if it is in Kodi. 

Anyone who would be kind enough to explain how you are supposed to do?

I had zero luck getting Kodi to play via exported VirtualTV m3u/xml.

What Ive been using lately is the Emby for Kodi Next Gen plugin which now has a live TV sync feature. It simply imports the info generated by VirtualTV and adds it to the IPTVSimple PVR client in Kodi.

I have some guide updating issues but playback if perfect.

Note that I have my VirtualTV set up for "playlist" mode which in my case seems to be important to getting this to work.

Edited by hstamas

fillidill
40 minutes ago, hstamas said:

I had zero luck getting Kodi to play via exported VirtualTV m3u/xml.

What Ive been using lately is the Emby for Kodi Next Gen plugin which now has a live TV sync feature. It simply imports the info generated by VirtualTV and adds it to the IPTVSimple PVR client in Kodi.

I have some guide updating issues but playback if perfect.

Note that I have my VirtualTV set up for "playlist" mode which in my case seems to be important to getting this to work.

Thanks for the heads up! So it actually already have that functionality?? Could you please tell me step by step how I can achieve that? Thanks in advance! 

I got it to work with virtualtvs export but only if I saved the files locally and used them in kodi. If I used the urls I only got a error message. 

hstamas
1 hour ago, fillidill said:

Thanks for the heads up! So it actually already have that functionality?? Could you please tell me step by step how I can achieve that? Thanks in advance! 

I got it to work with virtualtvs export but only if I saved the files locally and used them in kodi. If I used the urls I only got a error message. 

Use the EmbyforKodi add-on as your database setup method. After that install and enable SimpleIPTV. It's a native Kodi PVR client that can be found in the base Kodi repository. Then you just go to the EmbyforKodi config page and under Sync/Manage Libraries you choose Sync Live TV. 

I think Embycon also has this working in sort of the same way as another option.

Edited by hstamas

VicMoore

Punktchen, what does it mean to tag a channel? Do I use the API the same way that  I currently tag content?  In my tool I can fetch the virtualTV Guide and display all of the channels in a Guide format similar to the one in Emby. I can tag the content, but never thought about tagging the channels.

Vic

pünktchen
On 8/14/2021 at 2:27 PM, VicMoore said:

Punktchen, what does it mean to tag a channel? Do I use the API the same way that  I currently tag content? 

Yes.

tomnjerry74

I've been using 0.9.9.3 but just started running into issues with certain channels. When refreshing the guide, some channels fail and throw this error now:

2021-08-20 22:44:55.024 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: Boomerang, ChannelId: VirtualTV6, Querying Library for MixedContent
2021-08-20 22:45:47.624 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting programs for channel Boomerang
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: The path is empty. (Parameter 'path')
	   at System.IO.Path.GetFullPath(String path)
	   at System.IO.DirectoryInfo..ctor(String path)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.CustomExtension.StartsWithExactPath(String filePath, String folderPath)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<GetBumpers>b__0(BaseItem m)
	   at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereArrayIterator`1.MoveNext()
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetBumpers(CancellationToken cancellationToken, VirtualChannel channelItem, List`1 itemList)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetMixedContent(CancellationToken cancellationToken, VirtualChannel channelItem)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetLibraryItems(CancellationToken cancellationToken, VirtualChannel channelItem)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetPrograms(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc)
	   at VirtualTV.VirtualLiveTvService.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: System.Private.CoreLib
	TargetSite: System.String GetFullPath(System.String)

fillidill
10 hours ago, tomnjerry74 said:

I've been using 0.9.9.3 but just started running into issues with certain channels. When refreshing the guide, some channels fail and throw this error now:

2021-08-20 22:44:55.024 Info VirtualTV Plugin: GetPrograms > Channel: Boomerang, ChannelId: VirtualTV6, Querying Library for MixedContent
2021-08-20 22:45:47.624 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting programs for channel Boomerang
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build15) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #41890 SMP Thu Jul 15 03:43:42 CST 2021
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	System.ArgumentException: System.ArgumentException: The path is empty. (Parameter 'path')
	   at VirtualTV.Services.CustomExtension.StartsWithExactPath(String filePath, String folderPath)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.<>c__DisplayClass19_0.<GetBumpers>b__0(BaseItem m)
	   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetBumpers(CancellationToken cancellationToken, VirtualChannel channelItem, List`1 itemList)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetMixedContent(CancellationToken cancellationToken, VirtualChannel channelItem)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetLibraryItems(CancellationToken cancellationToken, VirtualChannel channelItem)
	   at VirtualTV.Services.TVService.GetPrograms(CancellationToken cancellationToken, String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc)
	   at VirtualTV.VirtualLiveTvService.GetProgramsAsync(String channelId, DateTimeOffset startDateUtc, DateTimeOffset endDateUtc, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

I get exactly the same, see below, but only on channels with MixedContent. If I change to either TV och Movie the error is gone.

2021-08-21 15:46:03.511 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting programs for channel MARVEL TV
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.59+ (root@build3) (gcc version 4.9.3 20150311 (prerelease) (crosstool-NG 1.20.0) ) #25556 SMP PREEMPT Thu Mar 18 13:00:35 CST 2021
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system