VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

Mookdog
11 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Yes, I can second this: on Android TV App, I'm getting all the sections: On Now, Programs, Upcoming, Channels etc., inside Channel list is also present, but the Guide ain't populating. Vanilla Android App or Web App have no such issue. 

Emby3.png

Emby5.png

Emby6.png

Emby8.png

Emby1.png

Screenshot 2021-08-05 071734.png

Screenshot 2021-08-05 071803.png

Edit: OK, further findings: in my case it is tied to disconnected nature, i.e. if system was Offline during Guide refreshing, it will not show in Android TV app. If it was Online, it will. Subsequently, if going Offline again, it will still show it - until new Guide refresh is undertaken while Offline, in which case it will not show again. Don't quite understand why, as VirtualTV is the only Guide actually created and it is all local, nothing is pulled from the web. Curious enough, neither Android App, Web App or Theater UWP exhibit same behavior, they are all displaying Guide regardless of when was it created. 

Edit2: Found the issue: Android TV client defaulted to December 31, 2008 upon reboot while Offline. No wonder there's no Guide data. 🤷‍♂️

@Mookdog, do check Date & Time on your TV/Android box. 

Yeah date and time are fine on my end. In my situation its not the whole guide its only like 6 channels that dont populate unless I click on a show on the front menu then its ok. Its quite weird. This only happens with android tv. Vanilla android version works fine

Mook

Duble008

I apologize in advance if this was already asked... But I read through just over 25 pages of this forum article with no answer to my question, along with google searches...

I'm trying to understand how the "conditional logical operators" work. For now, as a super easy example, I'm trying to create a channel with "Thrillers" for the genre, but I do not want "horror" in the mix. The way it's described, I'd Imagine to make this work, under the "Genre" section I should place the following:

"Thriller!Horror" (no quotes)

It's marked in the notes that "!" resembles "not". So my understanding of the rules, is by using the line above, it should implement a rule that's "Thriller not Horror". Is this correct?

When I try to create a channel with that rule, it doesn't seem to populate the channel. I've been waiting 20 minutes already, and it's still "refreshing guide data". All my other channels work fine. Usually the refresh on my server has only been taking maybe 1-2 minutes.

I do have a somewhat large movie collection (about 3000 movies).

Am I using the "conditional logical operators" properly?

Thanks again!

GrimReaper
12 minutes ago, Duble008 said:

I apologize in advance if this was already asked... But I read through just over 25 pages of this forum article with no answer to my question, along with google searches...

I'm trying to understand how the "conditional logical operators" work. For now, as a super easy example, I'm trying to create a channel with "Thrillers" for the genre, but I do not want "horror" in the mix. The way it's described, I'd Imagine to make this work, under the "Genre" section I should place the following:

"Thriller!Horror" (no quotes)

It's marked in the notes that "!" resembles "not". So my understanding of the rules, is by using the line above, it should implement a rule that's "Thriller not Horror". Is this correct?

When I try to create a channel with that rule, it doesn't seem to populate the channel. I've been waiting 20 minutes already, and it's still "refreshing guide data". All my other channels work fine. Usually the refresh on my server has only been taking maybe 1-2 minutes.

I do have a somewhat large movie collection (about 3000 movies).

Am I using the "conditional logical operators" properly?

Thanks again!

Hm, I remember writing something once regarding tags and conditional operators in this exact thread, gimme a minute to find it. 

Edit: Here, you'll find it in the second part, with the exact example as you're looking for. 😉

Edit2: Man, that was a long one. 🙄

Edited by GrimReaper76
Link

GrimReaper

@pünktchen, would you mind taking a look here and few subsequent posts?

I'm having an issue of thumbs being displayed for movies in Android TV App, as opposed to Android App, Web App and Theater which all show posters. Trying to determine from which end that issue originates. 

Thanks. 

Duble008
4 hours ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Hm, I remember writing something once regarding tags and conditional operators in this exact thread, gimme a minute to find it. 

Edit: Here, you'll find it in the second part, with the exact example as you're looking for. 😉

Edit2: Man, that was a long one. 🙄

Isn't that the exact same thread we're talking in now? I read through 25 pages of all that already... Is there a certain page or post you were trying to link me to? The link above just takes me to the very first page of this thread, which doesn't at all talk about what I'm trying to do - unless I'm just completely blind to it.

Putting "Thriller!Horror" in the genre field doesn't allow the channel to populate. I had to restart Emby to make it stop trying.

I also tried putting "Thriller" in the Genre field, and "!Horror" in the Tags field. This allowed the channel to populate, but horror movies were still included in the lineup.

So I'm trying to make a channel that does two filters - One, I want it to put in any movie in the "Thriller" genre. Two, I want to exclude anything in the "Horror" genre from being included. What would I put in the "Genre" field (or any other fields, for that matter) to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Mookdog

Quick question from a noob to this plugin. I downloaded and added logos to my channels from the pseudotv github. When I load them up on my android app they dont show at all nor do they show on the server software in my browser. Anything special I have to do to get them to show up ?

Mook

Edited by Mookdog

GrimReaper

@Duble008 In the link above, you need to click the arrow in the top right, not on the topic title. 

Edited by GrimReaper76

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

Quick question from a noob to this plugin. I downloaded and added logos to my channels from the pseudotv github. When I load them up on my android app they dont show at all nor do they show on the server software in my browser. Anything special I have to do to get them to show up ?

Mook

Tbh, not aware of any special procedure since they worked for me from the first time. Do they show in your Virtual TV channel list, where you're setting channel rules? 

Mookdog
1 minute ago, GrimReaper76 said:

Tbh, not aware of any special procedure since they worked for me from the first time. Do they show in your Virtual TV channel list, where you're setting channel rules? 

No they dont

GrimReaper

Hm, and how did you add those logos? For each channel separately, you need to add a path to desired png, not only parent folder. 

Mookdog
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

The pic attached will show u what I got that comes up

image.thumb.png.a33e643fd3eb993be1266afa7492dc16.png

image.png

Duble008
21 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

@Duble008 In the link above, you need to click the arrow in the top right, not on the topic title. 

Cool - I found it. Thanks! I didn't know about the arrow on the top corner. Looks like I was only 15 pages away from finding it on my own! lol

Looks like I got it working now. To accomplish what I wanted, it needed to be "Thriller && !Horror". Things that make this a little harder to grasp in the beginning, is that to combine items with Titles (using Thriller and Horror as an example again) there are no spaces used (ex: Thriller|Horror) where as using the "conditional logical operators" such as for genre's, you need to have a space between each function (except the NOT function). I did try using the "and" command (&&) before the "not" command earlier, but I didn't use spaces, so I'm sure that was confusing it too.

So if anyone else stumble across this, here's a quick cheat sheet for different functions with "conditional logical operators" using my example of Thriller and Horror.

"Thriller || Horror" will add anything with "Thriller" or "Horror"

"Thriller && Horror" will only add things that contain both "Thriller" and "Horror"

"Thriller && !Horror" will add all "Thriller", but will not add content that has "Horror"

Thanks again @GrimReaper76 for the help!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
19 minutes ago, Mookdog said:

The pic attached will show u what I got that comes up

image.thumb.png.a33e643fd3eb993be1266afa7492dc16.png

image.png

And you sure that path is valid? I just went and renamed my Action.png to 90 TV.png and tested, still getting it. 

Screenshot 2021-08-06 073659.png

Screenshot 2021-08-06 073726.png

GrimReaper
13 minutes ago, Duble008 said:

To accomplish what I wanted, it needed to be "Thriller && !Horror".

Told ya you've got exact same example somewhere there. 😉

Glad you sorted it out. 

Cheers

F1nchy
2 hours ago, Mookdog said:

No they dont

Mookdog, I had a similar issue that I resolved by putting the images into a folder with no spaces in the path of filenames (I notice that you do have spaces in your). Worth a try.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/80828-virtualtv-plugin/&do=findComment&comment=1040377

Edited by F1nchy

GrimReaper
7 minutes ago, fillidill said:

Could you please share your channel logos? They look awesome!

Sure, they're all PseudoTV logos out of link that @Dibbes shared:

• Thanks 1

pünktchen

New version 0.9.9.1 in the starting post:

• Bug fixing for music videos channel playback
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mookdog
7 hours ago, pünktchen said:

New version 0.9.9.1 in the starting post:

• Bug fixing for music videos channel playback

Dude I have to commend u on an awesome plugin u created. I just stumbled upon it a couple days ago and WOW its so awesome. Keep up the great work

Mook

Mookdog

I finally got my logos working woohoo. I figured it out thanks for all the help guys. This forum is the best

Mook

image.png

• Like 1

pünktchen
6 hours ago, Mookdog said:

I finally got my logos working woohoo. I figured it out thanks

What was the solution?

Mookdog
4 hours ago, pünktchen said:

What was the solution?

The logos that I had on my hard drive were corrupt and I didnt even know it. Got a fresh copy and all worked well. 

Mook

Psyborg

Just upgraded from 0.9.6 to 0.9.9.

My settings are still the same, but all series channels are no longer populated - even after several EPG runs. Did I miss something?

pünktchen
2 hours ago, mxmh said:

is there a way, that when i say use in playlist mode... that the plugin generate a playlist too?

No.