VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen
10 hours ago, ringzer0 said:

I am able to watch directly with emby clients, but after I set up Simple IPTV PVR (I use the URLs provided in export) I can't watch anything on my Kodi installation. Attempting to view a channel just causes Kodi to freeze.

The guides and channel are being requested from the VirtualTV endpoint (the correct content gets populated Kodi side and I see the requests in the embyserver logs), but when I attempt to play the channel I get nothing at all. Is there a specific setting (i.e. playlist vs continuous) that has to be set on the channel side? Or is there a specific setting I should set on the Simple IPTV PVR side?

Thanks!

I don't know of any special setting in Kodi. I use it nearly daily without problems. What platform and Kodi version do you use? Anything in the Kodi (debug) log?

pünktchen
4 hours ago, VicMoore said:

... Is this correct?

Yes.

4 hours ago, VicMoore said:

I would like to propose that a solidary "*" would signify all names. This would allow selecting all of the media in an "include folder" to be added to the channel. Currently a "*" can be appended to the start or end of a given name. This allows for only variations of that name to be added to the channel.

With the test version i've posted recently for crusher11, the date and runtime conditions should work correctly again (hopefully). So to achieve what you want, you could set Release Date greater then 1900 like it was in earlier plugin versions. Please try out and give feedback.

VicMoore

You were right...  Using the date 1900 populated the channel from all of the items in the selected include Library Folders.

Vic

• Thanks 1

VicMoore

Good morning Punktchen...

I have a request. In the two pull down boxes titled "Watched state to include" I would like a fourth option "UnWatched Preferred." You would fill the channel with unwatched media until  no  unwatched items exist. Then you would start filling the channel with watched items. In my TV Guide I populate it with only unwatched media. I keep doing this until I have watched everything. What happens is that some channels run out of media before others and this leaves holes (media unavailable) in the guide. I would rather have reruns in these holes.

Just a thought. I defer to your wisdom.

Vic

ringzer0
2 hours ago, pünktchen said:

I don't know of any special setting in Kodi. I use it nearly daily without problems. What platform and Kodi version do you use? Anything in the Kodi (debug) log?

So the issue seems to be due to running emby in a docker container without the 'host' networking mode. The config files that kodi pulls down from VirtualTV to start the stream will have the IP address of the docker container rather than the IP address of the host. Then the whole PVR times out since that address is not reachable.

Is it possible to modify the IP address that VirtualTV sends to kodi with the stream URL? i.e. hardcode the address of the server that is sent back to kodi so the emby docker container can still have its own stack.

pünktchen
7 minutes ago, ringzer0 said:

Is it possible to modify the IP address that VirtualTV sends to kodi with the stream URL?

Not yet 😉 But hopefully next week even greater things will come for Kodi users!

VicMoore

Good morning punktchen...

I have a question. 

VirtualTV creates a file that get ingested into Emby when I click the "Refresh Guide" link in "Scheduled Tasks". I am guessing that this file is an M3U or xmltv. Is this true? Also, could you send me an example of this file so I could learn from it. Where can I read up on how the liveTV API's work? 

You have always been very helpful and I appreciate it.

Vic

VicMoore

Thanks for the insight. I am trying to learn liveTV.  I have concluded that the only way to do that is to write a liveTV client. I am  just keeping the brain active.  

Vic

Orphan_Script

Hey there - this is just awesome, really I don't know what else to say. This feels like the last missing piece for what I'd want out of a media station. 

I have just set it up and am having a problem though, not sure if there is a better place to post or keep track of this, it looks like it happens from time to time due to updates etc. I'm getting the "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details." on my web browser, and 'Unable to tune channel at this time" on my Android TV client. 

I just followed the instructions to the letter and setup a single library. Is there anything more I need to do? 

pünktchen
39 minutes ago, Orphan_Script said:

... Is there anything more I need to do?

Enable the extra logging in the plugin and if it happens again, pm me your Emby log.

sciphi

I just started playing with this again, works even better :)

BTW, I don't know if this has already been mentioned but this resource for Pseudo TV is probably useful. It has channel logos and ads and things. 

https://github.com/PseudoTV/PseudoTV_Resources

I'm still grabbing it at the moment but lots to go through

Edited by sciphi

VicMoore

I created a "Home Videos & Photos" library in Emby and populated it with commercials from the 1960s. I understood the requirement that the folder "is not tied to user access settings" to mean that no user has permission to access it.  I set minimum videos=1, maximum videos=1, minimum bumpers=1, and maximum bumpers=2. Finally, I refreshed the live tv guide. The TV guide looks OK but the commercials don't play between the episodes.

I am sure that I am doing something stupid wrong, but I don't  know what. Is there another setting that needs to be enabled?

Vic

thisismytrial

Plugin keeps getting better and better! I am having an odd issue though in which, any movie related channel isnt populating. All the episode based channels work fine, but any movie or mixed channel isn't generating. 

Edited by thisismytrial

GrimReaper

Ok, here's kinda bug:

When folder to which access is granted is made a part of a library to which access is not granted, it does not get listed in the Channel Preconditions 'Include Library Folders' list.

To elaborate, I have 2 libraries made for junior (called "Filmovi" and "Serije"), which consist of some of his folders and some shared folders with tag-based access control (to which I have full access); since I don't want to see those two libraries inside my media, I disable access for myself and turn it on only when some administration is needed. However, at no point do I restrict access to other libraries/folders.

1765878159_Screenshot2021-07-25105854.thumb.png.d9ffd1441e5c751824d26b1fc3bafc97.png

1579102268_Screenshot2021-07-25105912.thumb.png.21aaf3dbaa482d58b766d1a0b247ecaf.png

978111542_Screenshot2021-07-25105041.thumb.png.4634b069c0a13ffefbc51a25e7250602.png

Now, issue arises with those two shared folders: \Movies\MOVIES - OLD and \Cartoons\Others, for which you can see above access is granted, however in Channel Preconditions they don't get listed - hence cannot be made a part of the channel content:

90763831_Screenshot2021-07-25105625.thumb.png.88905b5a47f7f6a8617fcf7645768672.png

Since I am the User selected in Channel Preconditions AND have access to those folders, I reckon they should be listed as well.

Edited by GrimReaper76

pünktchen

@thisismytrial you could try this version.

@GrimReaper76 i didn't know Emby allows this. And i'm sorry, but i can't fix it in the near future. The problem is i don't identify the subfolders by id but by their name. Not only for the config, but also later to get the video items.

jblaze12

Is it possible to get more than 30 channels in the near future? I've discovered it's a lot of fun "channel surfing" my own stuff. Also, this is probably a question for the emby team...would it be possible to have a next channel, previous channel button?

Btw, is a patreon on something we can donate to? I'm really grateful for this plugin, it's changed how I use my media.

Edited by jblaze12

pünktchen
17 minutes ago, jblaze12 said:

Is it possible to get more than 30 channels in the near future?

It's on my to do list since the first version. I will try to get it ready this year. No promises though.

17 minutes ago, jblaze12 said:

would it be possible to have a next channel, previous channel button?

The next evolution of Emby's live tv engine has this, but i don't know when we will see a first public beta.

18 minutes ago, jblaze12 said:

Btw, is a patreon on something we can donate to?

A like here and there is enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

GrimReaper
36 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

@GrimReaper76 i didn't know Emby allows this. And i'm sorry, but i can't fix it in the near future. The problem is i don't identify the subfolders by id but by their name. Not only for the config, but also later to get the video items.

Sorry, didn't quite get that one? There' s same folder (actually two of them) with YES access (in one library) and NO access (in another library) - note that YES access takes precedence and all items are accessible in respective library. Current Virtual TV logic considers it NO access - why that has more weight? Can't the logic be changed that in conflicting situations default is YES access, same as Emby does? 

pünktchen

New version 0.9.9 in the starting post:

Export API:

• Added option to override the host adress that is used to generate streaming urls
  • Added option to generate Kodi EmbyCon addon paths for streaming urls.
    This allows you to use either Continous or Playlist Playback mode in Kodi and fixes problems with non stopping streams that occured sometimes.
    A very big thank you to @TeamB who made this possible!

Channels:

• Added seperate field to exclude seasons or episodes by tags from "Always include these named movies or tv shows"
  • Fixed channel rule evaluation for release date and runtime
  • Fixed bumpers where not recognized under certain situations

TallBoiDez

@pünktchen Around Halloween various tv station began playing more scary and Halloween themed movies and shows the same with thanksgiving and Christmas, are able to do that with this plugin? 

Edited by TallBoiDez

pünktchen

Currently not automatically. You have to predefine a channel with suitable content by either genres or tags and enable it manually when the time is ready.

• Like 1

Spaceboy

hi, i just upgraded from (i think) 0.9.6 to 0.9.9. I have two channels that basically pull all media from 2 different mixed content libraries so there are no include or exclude rules. worked fine with 0.9.6 but no content returned with 0.9.9.

is there a change i need to make to the include rules or is this a unknown problem and you need more info?

pünktchen

At least one rule has to return some data now otherwise nothing will be returned. What you've used in previous versions was never meant to work that way. That's why earlier versions had the rule "Release date greater than", prefilled with 1900. This is what you need to do now, or runtime.

• Thanks 1