VirtualTV plugin

pünktchen

rbjtech
8 hours ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning GrimReaper76...

If you need to select and tag a group of files for building VirtualTV channels then the attached tool may be of use to you. It uses the Emby API's and is easy to use. It's an HTML file with javascript and jQuery. You will need to edit the HTML to give it your Emby API key and server address. A short word doc is also attached with simple instructions. I use this tool to build and manage all of my channels. I just thought that this might help you.

P.S.  make sure that the script points to jQuery and JavaScript.  

Vic 

emby2.docx 924.79 kB · 2 downloads emby2.html 66.77 kB · 1 download

fantastic work ! @VicMoore

so I can now select multiple items and add a tag !

Perhaps the Dev's can use some of your html to add this basic functionality into the core code ;)

ps - also thanks to @GrimReaper76 for highlighting.

This should most definitely go into the tools section on the forum !

fantastic.thumb.PNG.af7e7de28c9e1c3350ce207ba4250bb2.PNG

edit - just to comment on a statement on your opening page - you state "Keep in mind that the browser on which this HTML file is running, and the respective Emby server that it references, must both be on the same LAN." - this is technically untrue - as I am running the HTML on my web browser on a different VLAN/subnet to my emby server.  Of course I have a f/w rule allowing TCP 8096 any local source >  emby server destination (vlan transversal) - thus allowing this html and the normal emby web app to work just fine.

So I would just word it to say, this HTML has the same browser requirements as the Emby Web App - and leave it at that. ;) 

Edited by rbjtech
  • Like 1

VicMoore

Good morning rbjtech...

Thank you for your kind words and your suggestions. I will make the edits that you recommended.

I don't know how to add things to the tools section. In fact I didn't know it exists. Point me in the right direction and I will learn eventually 🙂

Vic

rbjtech

3 minutes ago, VicMoore said:

Good morning rbjtech...

Thank you for your kind words and your suggestions. I will make the edits that you recommended.

I don't know how to add things to the tools section. In fact I didn't know it exists. Point me in the right direction and I will learn eventually 🙂

Vic

Hi - just create a new topic in this forum area below - the more technical folks will love this utility and looking over your code it's appears to be an excellent basis for other developments and enhancements 👍

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/forum/71-tools-and-utilities/

VicMoore

Thanks for the pointer rbjtech.  I just added the tool. It was painless 🙂

Vic

VicMoore

I changed the tool to allow for deleting individual tags and I corrected a bug in tagItems object. I will put further changes on the tools topic.

Vic

emby-tag-tool-01.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

crusher11
On 7/5/2021 at 6:59 PM, crusher11 said:

This channel is currently airing WWE Raw, which is in the TV Wrestling folder not the TV folder. Next up is an episode of The Last Dance, followed by Dexter.

None of those are named in the channel's settings.

Screenshot 2021-07-05 18.50.21.png

Lest this get buried, this channel is still misbehaving.

VicMoore

Good morning Punktchen...

I am using the plugin API as you suggested and it is working fine. Do you limit the number of channels to 30 because of complexity in the GUI or in the TVGuide? What would happen if I added channel 31 directly through the API? I am playing with different GUI designs in jQuerry just for fun. If I make any worthwhile progress I will send you the code.

Vic

pünktchen

@104084485   I'm sorry for you, but i see it the same way as GrimReaper76. Either i want to watch it completely random or in perfect order. The only exception would be for shows like sitcoms where the order normally doesn't matter, but there are sometimes also a few continous episodes. But it's just impossible to detect those episodes.

On 7/8/2021 at 12:57 AM, 104084485 said:

My offer to write updates to the plugin still stands.

Thanks for the offer, but i do not plan to share the code with anyone.

pünktchen
On 7/9/2021 at 10:03 PM, VicMoore said:

What would happen if I added channel 31 directly through the API?

I don't think it will work, because i use an array for the channels.

jblaze12

@VicMoore

This is insanely helpful! I just sat down and did over 300 movies manually and the very next day saw this! It's awesome and I'm so appreciative you made this. We've been asking Emby devs for YEARS to include some way to easily tag multiple files/videos to no avail. Thanks again!!

Just curious, could you modify or create a new html that changes genre? The genre system on Emby is pretty terrible and changing them manually seems not worth it anymore.

rbjtech

@pünktchen - this is likely my fault as posted a response to another post on this - apologies.

@CBers - Could you kindly move the last 3 or 4 posts relating (from Thu 11:47 GMT) to @VicMoore's utility into the thread below - that way we won't clutter this unrelated thread and keep all feedback in the correct thread ?

Thanks,

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/99809-a-tool-for-tagging-emby-content/

crusher11
On 7/11/2021 at 5:13 AM, pünktchen said:

@crusher11 Please try the attached plugin. It should fix the minimum runtime and release date issue and also your Wrestling problem.

VirtualTV.zip 142.83 kB · 4 downloads

My Psych/NCIS/White Collar/Life on Mars/Chuck/Conviction/Rush channel is currently airing Kyle XY, which is set to be followed by Fawlty Towers, The Wire, House, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, The Sopranos, The Big Bang Theory, The Pacific, The Wire, and finally White Collar in about 11 hours.

So....not working.

GrimReaper
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

My Psych/NCIS/White Collar/Life on Mars/Chuck/Conviction/Rush channel is currently airing Kyle XY, which is set to be followed by Fawlty Towers, The Wire, House, The Alfred Hitchcock Hour, The Sopranos, The Big Bang Theory, The Pacific, The Wire, and finally White Collar in about 11 hours.

If those shows are located in /volume1/Emby Libraries/TV, why shouldn't they show? You only made sure that channel MUST include Psych/NCIS/White Collar/Life on Mars/Chuck/Conviction/Rush at some point (how long is your guide?), you did not restrict other shows from that same folder, I don't see any more pertaining rules.

crusher11
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper76 said:

If those shows are located in /volume1/Emby Libraries/TV, why shouldn't they show? You only made sure that channel MUST include Psych/NCIS/White Collar/Life on Mars/Chuck/Conviction/Rush at some point (how long is your guide?), you did not restrict other shows from that same folder, I don't see any more pertaining rules.

It was my understanding - and previous behaviour of the plugin - that if I listed shows in there it would confine the channel to those shows.

GrimReaper
8 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

It was my understanding - and previous behaviour of the plugin - that if I listed shows in there it would confine the channel to those shows.

On 7/4/2021 at 10:38 PM, pünktchen said:

That was the past. I've changed the behaviour so that those named items will always be included independently of all other rules. (The only thing that can override this are tags, but i've missed a textnote for this in the config screen). And before somebody asks: No i will not revert this change! 

To achieve the result you're after, you need to tag Psych/NCIS/White Collar/Life on Mars/Chuck/Conviction/Rush and then include that Tag in channel Tags rule.

P.S. Great batch-tagging tool can be found here: A tool for tagging Emby content - Tools and Utilities - Emby Community.

jblaze12

The new update that adds bumper options is awesome. My adult swim channel feels like adult swim now! Thanks!

ringzer0

I am able to watch directly with emby clients, but after I set up Simple IPTV PVR (I use the URLs provided in export) I can't watch anything on my Kodi installation. Attempting to view a channel just causes Kodi to freeze.

The guides and channel are being requested from the VirtualTV endpoint (the correct content gets populated Kodi side and I see the requests in the embyserver logs), but when I attempt to play the channel I get nothing at all. Is there a specific setting (i.e. playlist vs continuous) that has to be set on the channel side? Or is there a specific setting I should set on the Simple IPTV PVR side?

Thanks!

VicMoore

my understanding about how channels are built is as follows:

1) two factors determine the media content of a channel:  "include folders" and "channel rules."

2) "include folders" specify the domain on which the "channel rules" are applied

3) the user can choose if all of the "channel rules" have to be true or just one has to be true.

4) a media item is added to the channel if it is in the selected "include folders" and at least one "channel rule" for it is true.

5) if no "include folders" are selected or no "channel rules" are true then nothing is added to the channel.

Is this correct?

I would like to make one suggestion. In the "channel rules" for the rule "Always include these named movies or tv shows:" 

I would like to propose that a solidary "*" would signify all names. This would allow selecting all of the media in an "include folder" to be added to the channel. Currently a "*" can be appended to the start or end of a given name. This allows for only variations of that name to be added to the channel.

Vic