Version Drop Down Order

joshhuggins

joshhuggins

Good afternoon all,

I am using a Mixed Content library, and I am getting different results when viewing the movie in Theater vs a web browser, vs Android phone vs Android tablet. What should be determining the default version of a movie and what determines the version drop down order?

Below is the folder I am working with and my naming convention.

5e06702d7526d_20191227_125414.png

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope - Special Edition.nfo

<sorttitle>Star Wars 4.0</sorttitle>

Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope - Star Wars.nfo

<sorttitle>Star Wars 4.1</sorttitle>

When viewing the folder in Emby Theater and my Samsung Note 9 using the downloaded app from Google Play, it defaults to 'Special Edition' and the Version: drop down is listed in order of

• Special Edition
  • Star Wars

This is what I want (don't hate, the kids like the new version better ;) )

But when viewing the movie in Firefox or on my kids Asus ZenPad 3S 10 tablets which runs an Android OS and installs Emby from the Google Play Store like my phone, it defaults to 'Star Wars'

and the drop down order is

• Star Wars
  • Special Edition

Any thoughts on how I can get the browser and the kids tablets to be in my preferred setup like Theater and my Note 9? Thanks for any ideas!

Edited by joshhuggins

crusher11

It picks whatever is easiest to direct play on the device in use. After that, it's entirely random.

The system was designed for having different resolutions, bitrates, or codecs for the same exact film, not for alternate cuts. So it doesn't always work in the best way in the latter scenario.