Smart TV App feature request: Filters

aleoss112
Go to solution Solved by aleoss112,

aleoss112

Please add the Filter feature for the Smart TV app (Roku) to be able to show all movies in ascending/descending order of recently added, release date, etc. like how the website display has.

If I add more than 20 movies at a time, the excess amount do not get displayed on the Smart TV app as it currently stands.

Hi.  Can you please explain a little more about what you mean here as the Roku app already has the sorting options you are asking for...

aleoss112

The only option I have for any kind of movie display in the Roku Smart TV app for Emby is "Genre", "Search", "Folder", and "Latest".

I'd like to see the the actual filters option to be able to see all libraries combined and displayed like it does for the Web App.

I'll post screenshots of what I'm seeing on the TV this evening.

Edit:
In my other thread, I see your screenshot and your display looks very different from mine.
If this means anything, the TV I'm using is TCL 50S425-CA 4K Ultra HD Smart LED Television (2019), 50"

Edited by aleoss112

Hi.  If you click on the "Movies" button and get a grid of movies, you can then sort those items by what you are asking (Added Date, Release Date, etc.).

• Solution
aleoss112

Given your responses, you assume that I have not looked worth a damn and take me for some idiot which is not the case.

Click here to see an additional screenshot from the Movies button.

Edit:

Apparently it is actually under the * Settings which I figured would have just taken me to the Manage Server settings. Perhaps changing the graphic for this to the Filters graphic to reduce confusion?

Edited by aleoss112

Happy2Play

Given your responses, you assume that I have not looked worth a damn and take me for some idiot which is not the case.

Click here to see an additional screenshot from the Movies button.

Edit:

Apparently it is actually under the * Settings which I figured would have just taken me to the Manage Server settings. Perhaps changing the graphic for this to the Filters graphic to reduce confusion?

This will change in the next channel update or you can run the beta channel and see them now.  

example from another post.

5dcf81786d12f_Capture.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

We will be improving the filters on the poster grid. There are a few missing the need representation that the web app allows. A filter icon button as Luke suggested is a good idea to contain them within. There has been work done to address this problem. It just needs completion.

Edited by speechles

But, as a point of process (perhaps a translation issue) what you have actually been asking about in this thread are sort orders, not filters and those sorts do already exist in the app.

As pointed out above, the next release will make them more discoverable.

Thanks.