Moved TV series from one library to another does not show

KodiTV72

KodiTV72

I am running Version 4.3.1.0

My TV series are set up in two libraries and three folders as follows.

"TV Shows Kids" Library has folders "Emby/TV Kids" and "Emby/TV Shared"

"TV Shows Adults" Library has folders "Emby/TV Adults" and "Emby/TV Shared"

This has been working perfectly when adding new shows. Anything that I add to Emby/TV Shared appears in both libraries.

Now that the kids are a little older I moved a TV series from Emby/TV Adults to EmbyTV Shared. The Adults library continues to see the show as expected (including watched status), but the Kids library does not list the show.

I have deleted all the nfo files from the show and they have been rebuilt. I have run several library scans, but still the show does not list in the Kids library.

Is there a way of clearing all the metadata for the show so that Emby picks up show as new content. New content works with my setup no issue.

Hi, adding a folder to two different libraries is not officially supported, so we can't guarantee this will work. This is something we'd like to support, but we're not there yet and right now I would not suggest doing it.

One option you could do instead is just have one single TV library and then use library sub-folder access for the Adult and Kids folders.

KodiTV72

Thanks, I have reconfigured the libraries so that there is now only one TV Library. Then I used the users section - "Access" to grant the appropriate permissions to the two users. Unfortunately I have exactly the same behavior.

Both Adults and Kids users have access to the same TV library and the TV Shared folder.

Adults user can view all nine shows in the shared folder.

Kids user can only view eight shows from the shared folder. The only show that they cannot view is "South Park". South Park used to be in the adults folder and was moved to the shared folder, but this has not opened the permissions/access for Kids user to view it. 

I have tried to remove South Park from the Emby completely, removed the files, run some scans, restarted the Emby, checked that South Park is no longer available on any library. Then re-added the files (after deleting all the nfo files)

Doing this does not have any affect. When South Park is re-added it is available to adults, but not to Kids. It also remembers all the other metadata such as which episodes have been watched.

Is there a way to remove the South Park Metadata from the Emby database so that it forgets it completely?

Happy2Play

Thanks, I have reconfigured the libraries so that there is now only one TV Library. Then I used the users section - "Access" to grant the appropriate permissions to the two users. Unfortunately I have exactly the same behavior.

Both Adults and Kids users have access to the same TV library and the TV Shared folder.

Adults user can view all nine shows in the shared folder.

Kids user can only view eight shows from the shared folder. The only show that they cannot view is "South Park". South Park used to be in the adults folder and was moved to the shared folder, but this has not opened the permissions/access for Kids user to view it. 

I have tried to remove South Park from the Emby completely, removed the files, run some scans, restarted the Emby, checked that South Park is no longer available on any library. Then re-added the files (after deleting all the nfo files)

Doing this does not have any affect. When South Park is re-added it is available to adults, but not to Kids. It also remembers all the other metadata such as which episodes have been watched.

Is there a way to remove the South Park Metadata from the Emby database so that it forgets it completely?

User data is in a different table in table in the database and has nothing to do with a item that is in the database.  All watched data is tracked by the items providerid ie TVDB, TMDB, IMDB id.  So you can moved media anywhere you like as the watched status has nothing to do with path.  So the only way to remove a users watched status it to unplay the series for the user.

May need to post a server log, but what you are describing does not sound right.  Do you have Parental control enabled also?

KodiTV72

Thanks, that was it.

I had the Parental Control for the Kids user set to GB-15, but South Park was using American TV-MA. I used Metadata Manager to change South Park to GB-15 and it appeared instantly. Thanks for the help.

Odd fact when I looked in to it. It turns out that the UK parental ratings are only really for cinema and DVD. There isn't any actual UK TV ratings system.

Thanks for the help.