Android client

Redshirt

kamakamadaun

Redshirt. With your new, very nice design layout in Beta 14, are there any plans to support the Specials folder that has been implemented in MB Server and works with the Web Client?  Seems like a logical tab to offer as one of the swipes in the new design layout.  Thanks again for all of your efforts.

Seems to work fine here? It is in the seasons tab.

blade005

kamakamadaun. I was not speaking of the TV Specials folder, but the Specials folder that you can include in a Movie folder for Extras that might be included with a DVD or BluRay movie release.

I ran into a file that fails to play. Some ffmpeg issue. I tried running a conversion manually with ffmpeg and it worked fine. Can I do something to find the cause?

The client just hangs forever.

ffmpeg version N-56041-gf974289 Copyright (c) 2000-2013 the FFmpeg developers
built on Sep 4 2013 18:01:17 with gcc 4.7.3 (GCC)
configuration: [cut for length]
libavutil 52. 43.100 / 52. 43.100
libavcodec 55. 31.101 / 55. 31.101
libavformat 55. 16.101 / 55. 16.101
libavdevice 55. 3.100 / 55. 3.100
libavfilter 3. 83.102 / 3. 83.102
libswscale 2. 5.100 / 2. 5.100
libswresample 0. 17.103 / 0. 17.103
libpostproc 52. 3.100 / 52. 3.100
Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'file:\\XXXX.mkv':
Duration: 00:21:26.82, start: 0.000000, bitrate: 2726 kb/s
Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264 (High), yuv420p, 1278x720, SAR 1:1 DAR 71:40, 29.97 fps, 29.97 tbr, 1k tbn, 59.94 tbc (default)
Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, fltp, 384 kb/s (default)
[libx264 @ 025aa560] height not divisible by 2 (1280x721)
Output #0, hls, to 'C:\XXXXXXXX\69521609-dbe7-aa47-abb0-4a0832981614.m3u8':
Stream #0:0(eng): Video: h264, yuv420p, 1280x721 [SAR 51191:51200 DAR 71:40], q=-1--1, 872 kb/s, 90k tbn, 30 tbc (default)
Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: aac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16, 128 kb/s (default)
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (h264 -> libx264)
Stream #0:1 -> #0:1 (ac3 -> libvo_aacenc)
Error while opening encoder for output stream #0:0 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height

Fixed in next server release

is that safe to throw in last minute? will it cause issues elsewhere? we can always pull it out and put it in the following release

Ya it is a minor change that just scales if height and width (makes sure they comply with even number pixel dimensions). We currently do it for maxheight and maxwidth but we never implemented for hxw.

Redshirt

I've just published beta 15. There's not a lot new except support for the missing/upcoming episodes in the newest server builds.

They can be turned off via the settings if you don't want to see them.

I'm away on vacation until the weekend so won't really be able to field issues until i get back. 

• Like 1

Redshirt, nice :)

Found a few more issues wanted to make you aware of, mainly concerning theme music for tv-shows:

1) If you enter a TV show on the main page with overview and series. If at this point you rotate the tablet, the theme-music will stop playing. Conversely though, if you were to browse into the seasons folder and rotate the theme-music continues, same if you are at the detail level of an episode the theme-music keeps playing on rotate.

2) The other problem is when spawning via external player, the theme-music doesn't stop playing when the episode starts to play.

These are the two minor annoyances I've found so far... :)

WIth the new server update, and the android beta 15, I can't get any information on the movie detail page. If I press the play button, I get a message that says "Error communicating with server". However, TV Series work just fine.

If I revert back to the 14.5 beta, everything works fine (except the annoyance of missing episodes/seasons).

@@thoror Yup I can confirm that. Redshirt is away drinking beer (vacation) until the end of the week so you can either roll back or wait until he returns for the fix.

jasonmcroy

WIth the new server update, and the android beta 15, I can't get any information on the movie detail page. If I press the play button, I get a message that says "Error communicating with server". However, TV Series work just fine.

If I revert back to the 14.5 beta, everything works fine (except the annoyance of missing episodes/seasons).

I have the exact same issue. How do I revert back to 14.5?

Please try this build and see if it stops dying when it enters the details page.

As for the external player issue. I have made no changes to how that behaves and I have been unable to reproduce that issue. When enabled the external player launches just fine here

As for the overview being pushed offscreen. Can you provide a screenshot so I can try and determine which element is misbehaving. I'm not seeing the same behavior on my nexus 7 (2013) but I must not have the right combination of missing meta.

I think this one will work (untested) other than that it will only be 4 days or so.

jasonmcroy

I think this one will work (untested) other than that it will only be 4 days or so.

Excellent! That will hold me over until the master returns. :-)

Thanks!

Redshirt

So I'm back home. I've fixed the movie details bug, my fault for not testing more before leaving. Gonna try to crush a few music bugs and then I'll push a beta out tomorrow.

Redshirt

15.5. Just went up. Going with a point release for now since no new features are added.

Fixes include:

my mistake causing movie details pages to not load.

Artists having no albums listed when production year is an unexpected value.

Various entities not working properly when clicked in search results.

Theme music not quitting when an item is played with the external player.

Theme music stopping when the screen is rotated in series view.

• Like 3

Redshirt, right on! This is great. :)~

only issue I see (... on 2013 nexus 7) in regards to tv-shows now involves misalignment of text with some tv-shows when a "description" of the episode isn't available just the Title it will push the title further down onto the page, which in landscape mode, pushes it entirely off the screen.

The other small issue I've seen so far is the A-Z bar appearing during #'d episodes.

pf6wZefl.jpg

This app is excellent, keep up the great work.. and thanks ;)

CBers

OK, just to add to your workload ( :) ), I now have a Nexus 5 phone, but the app won't play anything.

Seems to navigate around the app, but no playback.

Two log files:

Log

Log

TIA.

Great work but still buggy, was really hoping that I will ditch PLEX, but there is still to-do

on my iconia A500 there is audio but no video on playback, while on Galaxy Note 2 it's OK ( on 5-6 tested various files )

iconia A500 has no hls support (edit: well it does but it is a poor implementation and doesn't work very well). I think Red has disabled the no hls support button in the setting not sure if it is re enabled or not. You may have to lobby him for the return of ts (I believe beer maybe the key here)

Edited by Tikuf