Android client

Redshirt

sfnetwork

I just wanted to let you know the new beta update looks and works great! One question for future releases though- while the app is in beta, do I uninstall the previous version and then install the new one or is there a way to just update it?

Thanks for your work on this!

- Jason

Just install it over the previous one...

• Like 1

simono5

Installed this onto my android tablet last night.

The app did work but wouldn't play any of my videos.  It attempted to play the video but nothing happened and I was passed back to the main screen.

Installed this onto my android tablet last night.

The app did work but wouldn't play any of my videos.  It attempted to play the video but nothing happened and I was passed back to the main screen.

Same for me but I am using a phone.

Redshirt

WTV playback issue solved on the tablet. Still "compressing" to what looks like 4:3 through HDMI.

Can you link a client log for playback over hdmi. logs are located in the Mb3AndroidData\Logs folder.

kamakamadaun

Can you link a client log for playback over hdmi. logs are located in the Mb3AndroidData\Logs folder.

Do you need a new one? Or can you use the one from my first post?

Redshirt

I've altered the logic, and logged info in beta 14.2. so I would prefer a new one thanks.

Redshirt

So the video is being resized to 1280x720 (16:9) and is showing up as nearly 4:3 over HDMI? The display resolution is being reported as 1280x752, which will be the physical height minus the Actionbar/Systembar that is usually visible. Is that accurate for the resolution being displayed on the TV?

kamakamadaun

I'm sorry but I didn't understand the question.

Here is a picture of what it looks like: http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=8379c8b

The HDMI output is not merely a mirroring of the screen. When you play a video for example, the system bar and progress bar is not showing.

So it seems that the video that is passed to the HDMI is using the reported video dimensions without using the A/R, while this works when I play the file locally with any video player. Is there more than one way to set the A/R? Maybe whatever this HDMI output is doing it is somehow not getting the A/R?

kamakamadaun

kamakamadaun, can you try this version with that same video.

Bingo! That works. Thanks!

edit: btw. the post above was written before I saw your last post. It can be deleted.

edit2: any chance of getting de-interlacing in the transcoding (I assume deinterlacing on playback after transcoding will not be good)?

If so "-vf yadif" seems to be what should be used: http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/ffmpeg-user/2011-May/000750.html

Edited by kamakamadaun

kazz63758

I'm using Beta 14 on a Nexus 7 (2013) and am having the screen freeze when I try to use the A-Z bar to jump to movies in my collection.

If at the beginning I scroll through the movies - no problem.   If I try to jump from the beginning to say "K" the screen freezes and I am no longer able to scroll.  Finally I will get a message asking whether I wish to "wait" or "exit the app"

I've tried waiting several times in a row (around 10 minutes or so) and finally have to exit the app.

The movies play wonderfully, though.  Thanks for all of your hard work.

yadif is what we will use when I get to it. It is not included at this time however since ffprobe doesn't detect interlacing if we just put yadif video filter in it will deinterlace everything (if it needs it or not).

yadif=0:-1:0  should deinterlace only if required but I have to do testing with it and it is on my list just not at the top (I have a few other bigger bugs to kill)

Ffmpeg is like a naughty teenager on some things and on some things it is just asking for a slap upside the head.  :P

Redshirt

Hey Tikuf, not sure if you saw it already but kama's bug qas actually the ffmpeg issue you discovered last night

Redshirt

Hey Tikuf, not sure if you saw it already but kama's bug was actually the ffmpeg issue you discovered last night

Redshirt

ffmpeg coming up with the wrong height when the width alone is provided

Pretty sure the A-Z bar on the right shouldn't be showing when viewing numbered episodes.

zaTgbv7l.jpg

It just looks oddball when everything starts with a number.