Android client

Redshirt

Oh man, I wish I could see a video of that...

Can you coordinate that? we should get a video and promote that capability.

CBers

Oh man, I wish I could see a video of that...

Can you coordinate that? we should get a video and promote that capability.

I've just emailed SCALDA - he's my son. 

IcyBergals

Hey Red -

First I want to say thanks for all your hard work on this app.  I spend a lot of time on the road for work and it's great being able to access all of my media from the hotel room.

This week I encountered a couple of issues.  My hardware is an HP Touchpad running CM 10.1 and MB Beta 13.  Current server version is 3.0.5031.21343.

The first is the same thing CBers was experiencing, where my video wasn't being played back at full screen.  I tried his workaround of using an external player (MX Player) and it does play full screen but the video is really choppy whether I choose H/W or S/W acceleration, even when I chose 250 kbp/s in the settings.  I've only tested it on one file as of now because I'm running short on time but plan on trying a few more over the next couple of days.

Second, all three files I watched this week didn't start at the beginning of the episode.  It was the first time I played any of the files so it's not like it was trying to resume a prior playback.  The one file started around 1:20 into the episode, though the playback timer still started counting up from 0:00.  Here's my ffmpeg log from tonight where I played the episode and it started at 1:20.  I believe this is the server log that goes with that.  I had to stop playback and exit out of the program a couple times before it would start from the beginning of the episode.  

If you need any more information let me know.  Thanks!

Edited by IcyBergals

kamakamadaun

When I select subtitles in "advanced playback" it always transcodes while if I use the "normal" play it can stream-copy.

kamakamadaun

This is expected behavior. In order to include subtitles, it has to embed the subtitles directly into the video. That means the video has to be transcoded.

Even if it has to remux can't it embed the subtitle and overlay it on the client side like if the file was played directly? I love the app but it is a bit annoying that it has to lower the quality to be able to use subtitles.

When I select subtitles in "advanced playback" it always transcodes while if I use the "normal" play it can stream-copy.

This is expected behavior. In order to include subtitles, it has to embed the subtitles directly into the video. That means the video has to be transcoded.

kamakamadaun
I posted this on the old forum but didn't get a reply so I thought I'd try my luck here.

I got the samsung HDMI adapter (using with a Samsung Galaxy note 10.1) and hooked it up to a TV and for the most part it works great. However, I have a few WTV files that cause some HDMI specific trouble:

With the problematic files the video displays correctly on the tablet but on the TV they get squashed to 4:3. None of the aspect ratio/zoom settings on the TV solve the problem.

I found that the files that have this problem is SD MPEG files: http://paste2.org/6h8evAUX

Here is a log of the playback from the device: http://paste2.org/HBpJ49vN

And here is the ffmpeg log: http://paste2.org/C9Ij4bDw

A HD WTV file works correctly btw.

Also the MPEG WTV file has interlacing artifacts (also on the tablet). BSplayer for example (copied the file to the tablet) gets the aspect ratio right on the HDMI output but also has the interlacing artifacts.

Let me know if you need anything else to figure out what is going on. I can supply a sample file if needed.

Also WTV file playback seem not to work in the external player (generic errors, cannot play the file in vlc or MX player) for some reason, while they work fine when played directly from the file locally copied to the device. Can I do something to debug further?

Redshirt

I'll be looking at the aspect-ratio / screen-size issues over this coming weekend.

• Like 2

Redshirt

cbers. Does the video size issue only occur for you when the video resolution is bigger than the screen resolution? ie: a 1920x1080 video trying to play on an a 1280x720 display.

Edited by Redshirt

CBers

cbers. Does the video size issue only occur for you when the video resolution is bigger than the screen resolution? ie: a 1920x1080 video trying to play on an a 1280x720 display.

No, as it happens on my Nexus 10 (2560x1600) as well.

Hey Red,

Not sure if this is a known issue, but the volume controls don't work for me when playing remotely. Strangely, mute works, but volume up and down don't. Let me know if I can provide any more info. Thanks.

Redshirt

Beta 14 is up. Not all recently reported issues have been dealt with.

• Like 2

kamakamadaun

I too like the new design. Thanks for all your work.

As for my problematic wtv files they display the same way on the TV through hdmi. Unfortunately they now display incorrectly on the tablet... :( see screenshot.

post-588-0-61882600-1382353558_thumb.png

blade005

Redshirt. Thanks for latest Beta 14. Any chance that we can have Backdrop images at the Series level for TV and Folder images for Seasons? Seems like the only way to get Folder images at the TV Season level is to also have Folder images for TV Series and Movies as well.

Redshirt

I would like to evolve to per folder view settings like MBC and MBT, but I'm certain it won't be a 1.0 feature. It'll come later.

sfnetwork

Beta 14 is up. Not all recently reported issues have been dealt with.

Just love the new detail screen layout (movies and mostly for TV with seasons on dedicated page)

Excellent job!

jasonmcroy

I just wanted to let you know the new beta update looks and works great! One question for future releases though- while the app is in beta, do I uninstall the previous version and then install the new one or is there a way to just update it?

Thanks for your work on this!

- Jason