Android client

Redshirt

sfnetwork

lol that's confusing, it's like Tikuf is speak to himself... two monkeys arguing lol 

blade005

Redshirt. Just a few 'nice to have' ideas.

1. Original Air Date displayed on TV Episode Detail.

2. Swipe LEFT and RIGHT on TV Episode Detail page for PREVIOUS and NEXT episode. (If they are in your library.)

Many thanks for evolving this solution this far, this fast. Great job.

I am wondering if there will be any d-pad remote support for use on GTV (soon to be android TV?) and/or android stick computers?

It seems that most everything works but the second row where you can go to the library, next up, resume or new.

D-pad support in MX is sketchy for setting settings but it works for pause/play/stop and I know that is not in the control of the MB development team.

Thanks for the fantastic work on this project. It is coming along quite nicely now.

Just re-posting this as there's been a few posts come through and I didn't want it to be lost on the previous page.  I think that this should be something to look into.  The serenity client app for Plex does d-pad quite well because the develper of that app is focused on it BUT, he also isn't trying to develop the whole system, just the app so I will be patient.

http://www.slideshare.net/davidcarver7798/serenity-for-android-designing-for-android-tv-devices

https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android

Edited by Sammy

Good day Mark,

Well done, no issue at all, the testing done by the wan, I just setup the server IP/Port then let her chose profile and ask her to using without asking me about anything (I want to see how a novice user like here and for sure me for S4 phone will do), and really great so far.

My best

CBers

Yes, I'm very impressed with it so far. £119.

Thanks Heckler.

I went to get one in-store yesterday but they were all sold out, so ordered one online.

With our boosted vouchers, it only cost me £1, free delivery as well :D

Two weeks delivery is the only downside.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

Heckler

If you made it so gifs can be used as avatars, my arm would wave.   :)

Otherwise, just remember I point down and he points up.   :)

OK, where do I find the log files you want?... for now I have a trakt question.

When I attempt to watch a film on the android app, and it fails to play (possibly due to bandwidth issues, even after I set it to 10mb/s), it still shows up as watched on trakt.

Edited by Heckler

Redshirt

Known issue. It's not actually trakt related, trakt just suffers.

CWNashvegas

If you made it so gifs can be used as avatars, my arm would wave.   :)

Prior to opening the forum, this was looked at and discussed, and it was determined that there would be no animated avvy's or sigs. Sorry. 

• Like 1

Heckler

Thanks Heckler.

I went to get one in-store yesterday but they were all sold out, so ordered one online.

With our boosted vouchers, it only cost me £1, free delivery as well :D

Two weeks delivery is the only downside.

Damn, maybe I should have waited for those vouchers and got it cheaper... Ah well, there's always a few accessories I could do with come xmas.

• Like 1

Heckler
Redshirt

Just re-posting this as there's been a few posts come through and I didn't want it to be lost on the previous page.  I think that this should be something to look into.  The serenity client app for Plex does d-pad quite well because the develper of that app is focused on it BUT, he also isn't trying to develop the whole system, just the app so I will be patient.

http://www.slideshare.net/davidcarver7798/serenity-for-android-designing-for-android-tv-devices

https://github.com/NineWorlds/serenity-android

Features and functionality will always improve. I can only do so much by myself. 

• Like 1

Hi Redshirt, love your work, keep it up.

I'm running your app on my Mk802 IIIs on a 32 inch TV in my bedroom. Playing through external player (MX player). Most people here seem to be using touch devices so my experience may differ some what using a keyboard remote.

A couple of minor issues...

The client is pulling resume data from the server but when you hit resume it plays from the beginning. Not sure if it does this with internal player, I have to test this.

Also, when you select a movie/TV show, the app defaults focus on the first actor rather than the play button. It would make sense to default focus on the resume but on or play if no resume data exists (same behaviour as classic client)

Also, collection covers do not display. There are tiles for each collection but they are blank.

Thanks again for the app. Very handy having access to my media collection away from my HTPC.

CashMoney

A little feedback from me.

It refuses to play any movie that is a large filesize.  I tried it with Star Trek (13gb mkv), Apollo 13 (6.5gb mkv) all refused to play at all, just sat there with the rotating circle.  Other files between 3 and 5GB eventually played but constantly stopped and stuttered along. Films under 3gb generally play ok.

All movies were a mix of 720p 1080p and DVD quality.

I realise that this could be a limitation of the wireless network and/or my tablets playback capabilities. I'm running it on a quad core snapdragon 1.5ghz cpu and over wirless N. I am approx 6m from the router and have 3 bars.

Hudl user here too. I've no problems playing anything in my library, the largest being a 25GB LOTR mkv. I will say I had a few pauses when I tried it just now before posting this, but I've cured that by going into the settings and upping the wifi limit/speed. I've tried all the file types I can find, and everything just plays. I know it doesn't help you at all to know that, but thought I would post just in case it's something to do with your home network or something and to let you know it shouldn't be a limitation of the tablet.

I've also tried on a Sumvision Voyager 7", and it too plays fine.

Slightly offtopic, have to say this Hudl is great to use with the MB Android app. I'm a big big book reader, so being able to peruse my book library as well as my AV media all on the go from one app is just so convenient. Great battery life here too, had the Hudl a week now, and I think I saw it go down to about 30% battery on the day I got it; charge it every night and I've not seen lower than 40% since. And I use it all day for everything from book reading, MB remote, PC Remote (Unified Remote), Web browsing, Youtube, reading emails, external hdd for work ....

• Like 2

CBers

@lionman - resume doesn't work with an external player.

Not sure if it can be amended to to, but Redshirt will confirm.

CBers

@heckler & @cashmoney - OT, but is there a dedicated HUDL forum anywhere please?

Ordered mine Saturday but it's on 2-week delivery :(

I already have rooted Nexus devices (4,7 & 10) so no stranger to Android, but wanted to have a read up of owner's thoughts.

Is there an XDA forum?

TIA.

CashMoney

@heckler & @cashmoney - OT, but is there a dedicated HUDL forum anywhere please?

Ordered mine Saturday but it's on 2-week delivery :(

I already have rooted Nexus devices (4,7 & 10) so no stranger to Android, but wanted to have a read up of owner's thoughts.

Is there an XDA forum?

TIA.

CBers, there has been a couple of requests in the XDA forum, but nothing has appeared as yet. Modaco on the other hand have a dedicated forum for the Hudl, and plenty of good info in there on rooting, removing/disabling the Tesco apps etc.

Hope it's ok to post a link to another forum here. http://www.modaco.com/forum/747-tesco-hudl/

• Like 1

CBers

Thanks CashMoney.

I've read through the Modaco threads previously, especially the rooting one :)

I suppose with XDA it depends how popular the HUDL becomes.

Found a forum on Android Central: http://forums.androidcentral.com/other-tablets/319824-tesco-hudl-uk-users-post-your-opinions.html

Edited by CBers

Just to let people know I've been using the client with external players on to be able to send the item to my raspberry pi which has got XBMC on it

• Like 1

CBers

Just to let people know I've been using the client with external players on to be able to send the item to my raspberry pi which has got XBMC on it

Nice ;)

Features and functionality will always improve. I can only do so much by myself. 

That I realize and am grateful for..  I like it and this is really the only thing that I noticed was not functioning when operating the MB3 Android App with a remote and did not know if this was even on your radar.

sfnetwork

Oh man, I wish I could see a video of that...